We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Does DMT reveal your faults? Options

Tara123
#1 Posted : 11/15/2018 6:08:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've only been using DMT for 3 months but I've started to have these thoughts about how I've seriously messed my life up in various ways over the years.

These thoughts are pretty intense and normally occur in the few days after a trip.

Otherwise, I have noticed a marked improvement in myself. I've started exercising, keeping my space tidy, being kinder to people and being more sociable/chatty. I know this is due to the DMT because the change was almost instant as soon as I had my first trip. I was in a major depression before and not doing any of these things.

I just am a bit worried about these dark/intense thoughts. I am wondering - is the DMT showing me the truth about myself? If yes, some of this is pretty tough to look at. Almost impossible actually.

But I keep thinking about that bit in Fight Club with the acid burn.

Is this what is happening? Or am I just messing with my mind too much (I'm doing low doses approx 15mg every couple of days)

Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks xxx

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

dragonrider
#2 Posted : 11/15/2018 8:32:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It can indeed reveal your faults to you.

On the one hand it is important to face yourself from time to time. On the other hand, i would say, that we all fuck things up and make mistakes....and ruminating is not a good thing to do.

Maybe, if you have these thoughts or feelings, it is best to take a distanced, analytical look at them. And ask yourself:"what have i learned from this mistake, and how is that relevant now"?. And then to simply leave that thing behind and move on.

And maybe take a break from DMT and other drugs from time to time.

Best wishes.

Tara123
#3 Posted : 11/16/2018 5:46:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Dragonrider, yes I see what you mean about the ruminating.

dragonrider wrote:

Maybe, if you have these thoughts or feelings, it is best to take a distanced, analytical look at them. And ask yourself:"what have i learned from this mistake, and how is that relevant now"?. And then to simply leave that thing behind and move on.

I'll have a go at this.

Thank you for the advice xxx

Lucid.deviance
#4 Posted : 11/16/2018 9:05:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello, Tara!

We use psychedelics for a number of reasons, but, IMHO, the best thing about these chemicals is that they allow one to look at oneself through a filter one normally wouldn't.

Allow me to elaborate. When one is sober, our ego puts up all kinds of defenses to protect us. Some of these defenses are to protect you from outside influence; some of these defenses are to protect you from yourself. Our minds rationalize and justify things that we may have done, making excuses why it's ok to have wronged someone, for instance. It is often so subtle that dont recognize what is happening, and we move on about our life, oblivious to the havoc we have caused.

When we take psychedelics, our ego's grip on its shields start to falter, sometimes failing completely. When happens, you get the opportunity to examine oneself from an outside perspective.

This is why integration of your experiences are so vital. By catching these unadulterated glimpses of our self (present and past!), we can make a more conscious effort to better ourselves.

I wrote a comment on another thread recently about how each of us at this moment are the people we are because of all the experiences we have had brought us here. The good and the bad, the right and the wrong, the stupid and the brilliance. The light and the dark inside our hearts.

All of these things brought you to this point in your life. The important question to ask yourself is this:

"Do I love the person I have become?"

For me, the answer is yes, I love the person I am. And as such, I can make peace with the wrongs that were done to me, as well as make peace with the pain I have cause others (and pain I gave myself!). And making peace with your past fortifies you in the present, which, in turn, helps you walk a better path into the future.

Anyway, hope this helps. Hope to see you around the boards.

With love and respect

L.D.

It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.

"Put the changa in the bonga! Make the spice much stronga!" - so says rOm and I!

endlessness
#5 Posted : 11/16/2018 10:12:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT can indeed potentially show you negative parts about yourself. My suggestion is, before you embark on more journeys, try to make sure you are truly working towards fixing those issues, otherwise the trips will tend to get more negative. Also remember that self-analysis and criticism to oneself is very necessary, but so is self-acceptance. You cannot change the past (nor circumstances beyond your control), all you can do is change how you look at that past, and try your best from now on.

Please check this health and safety section on integration.

Be well!

Tara123
#6 Posted : 11/16/2018 2:45:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Lucid.deviance, thanks for your comments, this is a really good explanation.

Lucid.deviance wrote:

"Do I love the person I have become?"

I guess the answer to this for me at the moment is no Crying or very sad but that's why I'm using the psychedelics and trying to make improvements. I hope in time I'll be able to make peace with some things and answer this with a yes. That would be really great!

Thanks so much for your advice xxx

Tara123
#7 Posted : 11/16/2018 2:47:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
DMT can indeed potentially show you negative parts about yourself. My suggestion is, before you embark on more journeys, try to make sure you are truly working towards fixing those issues, otherwise the trips will tend to get more negative. Also remember that self-analysis and criticism to oneself is very necessary, but so is self-acceptance. You cannot change the past (nor circumstances beyond your control), all you can do is change how you look at that past, and try your best from now on.

Please check this health and safety section on integration.

Be well!

Thanks so much endlessness this is helpful and makes a lot of sense.

I will read that page right now, cheers xxx

pete666
#8 Posted : 11/16/2018 3:18:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
You cannot change the past (nor circumstances beyond your control), all you can do is change how you look at that past

I would not state you can't change the past or any circumstance in our life. The later is much easier though. But yes, without turning into ourselves, we can hardly succeed. Which is case of most people.
Acceptance of the fact that our reality is not real doesn't in fact mean it is not real. It just leads to better understanding what real means.

Jees
#9 Posted : 11/16/2018 4:15:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What is also helpful is the purge, a real aya purge, not a normal purge. Strict caapi on it's own can do that already, it is an emetic. Extracts are lesser powerful for that.

One should not question if the purge can do that or not, but confirm that you are going to use the purge for that reason, period, it is you who is in charge of the peculiarities and character of the purge.
Once you are purging, assemble all your trouble, dark mind, sickness, negativity, heaviness, etc etc, call on it, call it all out and purge it. When I do that I also call on all sickness of the world, negativity, etc etc, because we are interconnected with the world. Making such a purge is a mission, a hard work, it comes from under your nails, it gives destiny and definition to a soul-purge.

Hope that might help.

endlessness
#10 Posted : 11/16/2018 4:56:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pete666 wrote:
endlessness wrote:
You cannot change the past (nor circumstances beyond your control), all you can do is change how you look at that past

I would not state you can't change the past or any circumstance in our life. The later is much easier though. But yes, without turning into ourselves, we can hardly succeed. Which is case of most people.

Just to clarify, I don't mean we can't change any circumstance, i just said we have to accept the ones that cannot be changed, that are beyond our control. For example, maybe one circumstance you could potentially change is a career you don't like or move elsewhere, but if you're paraplegic, at least until a new breakthrough therapy is invented, is something people can't change so they must learn to accept it and live with it.

Btw im curious regarding what you said about the past, you seem to imply you can change it... How?

Tara123
#11 Posted : 11/16/2018 7:19:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jees wrote:
What is also helpful is the purge, a real aya purge, not a normal purge. Strict caapi on it's own can do that already, it is an emetic. Extracts are lesser powerful for that.

One should not question if the purge can do that or not, but confirm that you are going to use the purge for that reason, period, it is you who is in charge of the peculiarities and character of the purge.
Once you are purging, assemble all your trouble, dark mind, sickness, negativity, heaviness, etc etc, call on it, call it all out and purge it. When I do that I also call on all sickness of the world, negativity, etc etc, because we are interconnected with the world. Making such a purge is a mission, a hard work, it comes from under your nails, it gives destiny and definition to a soul-purge.

Hope that might help.

Eek I purged once on mushrooms, haven't had the guts to go back...

TalkingGarden
#12 Posted : 12/14/2019 11:46:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
pete666 wrote:
endlessness wrote:

Just to clarify, I don't mean we can't change any circumstance, i just said we have to accept the ones that cannot be changed, that are beyond our control. For example, maybe one circumstance you could potentially change is a career you don't like or move elsewhere, but if you're paraplegic, at least until a new breakthrough therapy is invented, is something people can't change so they must learn to accept it and live with it.

Btw im curious regarding what you said about the past, you seem to imply you can change it... How?

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE THE COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS I CAN AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE

Jega
#13 Posted : 12/14/2019 1:01:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

YOU'VE ACHIEVED SO MUCH ALREADY.

Now is the beginning of forever.

Don't hark on the past, make the changes from what you learn and move on.
Don't expect it all to come at once, just keep moving in the right direction.

The future's so bright, I gotta Cool

woody
#14 Posted : 12/15/2019 4:41:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Also remember not to judge yourself too harshly for these 'faults', just see them for what they are and don't dwell. We've all got them, a lot of people aren't fortunate enough to see their own.

It sounds like you're doing the right things and on the right path, but be careful of 'using the psychedelics to make improvements', they can point you in the direction but only take you so far.

xss27
#15 Posted : 12/15/2019 6:44:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tara123 wrote:
Is this what is happening? Or am I just messing with my mind too much (I'm doing low doses approx 15mg every couple of days)

If you're having doubts about yourself then I would lay off psychedelics until you've given yourself time to integrate and regain a degree of composure.

When you're in a state of doubt about yourself then exposing yourself to more psychedelics isn't a wise move. You've exposed some things about yourself you wish to work on.. taking psychedelics can bring the focus back on to these things again, and increase the doubts, which can spiral and become a thing in itself when it need not be.

Psychedelics are a form of induced traumatic experience. They shift your perception way out of the ordinary state. It is shocking. Would you continue to expose yourself to such trauma in any other circumstances without first regaining a degree of composure first?

Traumatic events often force people to become introspective about themselves and change direction in life, or re-evaluate things in their life. This is because trauma shakes our focus and ego.

Cactus Man
#16 Posted : 12/27/2019 12:09:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I think all entheogens have the power to reveal your faults to you. That is one of their most healing qualities imo/ime.