We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Bunked twice three times almost made me Options

POST BALONE
#1 Posted : 11/13/2018 7:14:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MOD EDIT: Removed this beginning section regarding your friend receiving an extract from a supplier and regarding receiving plant material. If there's any question on these - the attitude link at the top of the page outlines this in more detail. Thank you

He told me a story which curled me teeth , i will reiterate . he had purchased several bottles of 100 percent acetone . he also uses this product as a solvant / paint remover as he is a handy guy who refinishes guitars and uses a few types of solvants .

while working towards making a batch of infused mullien he grabbed "the wrong" bottle of acetone , which was in the same area , under the sink , but this particular bottle was from maybe 10 years back , his wife had purchased it and when it came to realization this inferior product that is full of other chemicals and fragrances was left to sit , instead of being deployed as a solvent . in any event this produced a rank smelling batch of infused leaf which he has reprocessed it thru his processes .

i have noticed he is very careful in every step of what he does , double checking everything . this mistep goes to show how one can never be too careful. the bottle looked very similar but it had a different color cap and did not say 100 percent . it is the same bottle so it felt the same to his hand , he had no idea what was going on and really beat himself up .

the thrills
the spills
the chills

rather than scold me for retelling this cautionary tale , fess up to your own missteps and turn this thread into something of a safety pep talk ? what NOT to do - common mis-steps and mistakes ? or go ahead and lay into my pal , he deserves it , and you are so much smarter , older , and better than him , because you are .

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.