We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Extracted product greyish dry from STB tek Options

Gandalf9
#1 Posted : 11/11/2018 11:42:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Greetings fuls,
So, following a STB tek
Just to try i used.
40g MHBR
20 sodium carb
220 water
300 naptha

So roots dried blended into powder, then done the NaOh sol. ,
In the mimosa pow and let it work for about 5-6h.
After added the naptha gave a mix and sit for 4 h till got separated from the soup.
Strained and evaporated.
Now I have a few questions..
When i put the bark root into the naoh solution is it normal it becomes like a greenish greyish dark colour??
After i put the naptha, mixed, separated and strained should that be clear? If not what amI doing wrong?
Maybe too weak naptha?? So I tried to use a fire liquid which after the elab. It stayed cleared just lightly came up yellowish light colored.

After evap in air what it left on the bottom is a kind of dustygreeyish pattern which has some tiny cristals.
Scraped it all and now trying the produce.

Please let me know if I am doing something wrong.
Thanks for your collaboration.

Let me FLY, fuls.
Gandalf Greyhame.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

pastanostra
#2 Posted : 11/12/2018 11:13:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Did you use NaOH or Na2CO3 ?
Theses two don't have the same specs & potency in terms of base at the same amount.

If you used Na2CO3 (sodium carbonate), you may not reach the good PH for NP catch the goodies.
If used NaOH you should add a bit more for the solution turn purpple / black.
If trying to do a stb drytek, you may use less water, add more Na2CO3 (until it smell hard and make a paste), then dry & pull.

pete666
#3 Posted : 11/13/2018 6:44:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The color of the soup can vary.
The same with non-polar solvent. If you do short pulls (just one shake/settle cycle), you get more pure product. So naptha will be more clear. You have to do more pulls to get most out of the soup.
Naptha can't be weak, if it is naptha. If you want to get more by one pull, repeat shake/settle cycles few times for every pull. Or switch to toluene or xylene. But the product will contain more impurities.
Use NaOH, not Na2CO3

Suggested STB:
Put 50g NaOH into 0,25L of distilled water.
Add 50g of powderized MHRB
Mix thoroughly, the more, the better
Let sit for 24 hours. Mix every few hours
Add 0,5L of distilled water, mix thoroughly
Add non-polar and pull few times

Later pulls = more shake/settle cycles (I do 3 cycles for first pull, 6 for second,...)
Do not evaporate, do freeze-precipitation. You will get better product, likely with less lye
Acceptance of the fact that our reality is not real doesn't in fact mean it is not real. It just leads to better understanding what real means.