We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
dark naphtha problem - what solution works for you? Options

jiva
#1 Posted : 11/11/2018 7:43:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hi everyone,

so i am having dark naphtha issues again. so far whenever i've had this issue i did a mini A/B and eveything was fine.
online i found other approaches like doing a re-x.
then i found one site where someone wrote they don't do anything, just let the naphtha sit at room temperature for a few hours. apparently it the particles tend to separate out over time.

what i did just now is transfer the naphtha into a new narrow bottle with a bit of water and sodium hydroxide at ph 14.
i am curious how clean of a product this method can produce.

have you got any other solutions for this issue?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

skoobysnax
#2 Posted : 11/13/2018 2:47:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jiva wrote:
hi everyone,

so i am having dark naphtha issues again. so far whenever i've had this issue i did a mini A/B and eveything was fine.
online i found other approaches like doing a re-x.
then i found one site where someone wrote they don't do anything, just let the naphtha sit at room temperature for a few hours. apparently it the particles tend to separate out over time.

what i did just now is transfer the naphtha into a new narrow bottle with a bit of water and sodium hydroxide at ph 14.
i am curious how clean of a product this method can produce.

have you got any other solutions for this issue?

Try a sodium carb wash of the Solvent. Be sure there is enough solvent to keep the alks from dropping out at room temp.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

jiva
#3 Posted : 11/13/2018 11:01:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i just let it sit for a night
pulled it out of the freezer today, i got very nice crystals, but with a little goo at the bottom, that had a brownish color when scraped up.

i will re-x and i think it will be a nice result