We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is this "jungle spice" or impurities? Options

SnipeCookie
#1 Posted : 11/11/2018 7:15:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I did my largest extraction yet, it didn't go amazing and for the first time I got something that wasn't pure white fluffy crystals, some pictures can be found here:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...m=925702&#post925702
I was going to re-x but I've heard so many people here talk about how there are different benefits from having the goo, and the goo was just spice with extra plant alkaloids so I didn't re-x (yet?)

Anyways,
My extraction vessel had a few dozen ml of saturated NPS in it, I decided to give it some heat, the NPS got clear but left little bits on the bottom, I scraped this together and got this yellow goo.

I wasn't sure if I should toss it or if this was the "jungle spice" I've heard about but never seen.

I then put the vessel back into the freezer and got this.

The only jungle spice I've seen is pictures online of what looks like regular crystals but with the color of brown sugar.
*Using the term "I" does not imply any of what I write relates to me personally

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

jiva
#2 Posted : 11/11/2018 7:53:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i found a fan works way better then heat when trying to get rid of naphtha residue. also heat could be very dangerous depending on the solvent...
heat also melts the crystals which is what i think why you ended up with the goo you got there.

normally when people talk about goo it does not revere to melted crystals but to a goo left behind even when the solvent is completely gone without heating it.

if you don't have a suitable fan, you don't want to spend the money. a cheap 12V computer fan with a 12V power adapter works great for me.

hopefully someone else knows what to do with the frozen goo you got.

SnipeCookie
#3 Posted : 11/11/2018 8:10:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi, this was more of a re-x of what was left in the vessel than trying to get the NPS to evaporate, only a small amount of heat was used, the dish was double-boiled but the water wasn't actually boiling at all, just a small amount of steam coming up into contact with the bottom side of the vessel with the NPS in it.

The pull that I did complete came out looking like a tan goo that then dried to a sugary tan substance, I presume it has the same stuff in it that is seen in the pictures of the first post.

Here is the prior pull from the same extraction,
*Using the term "I" does not imply any of what I write relates to me personally