We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
wishlist for psybient to chillgressive party Options

jiva
#1 Posted : 11/11/2018 12:43:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hi everyone,

i am currently in the first steps of creating a party like no other in the area i live in. where i live, almost exclusively darkpsy and some proggy parties are happening. What i want to create is a party where the music genre is more in the range from psybient to chillgressive with some ethno tribal and psydub mixed in.

right now i am looking for locations and thinking about things that would make it something special.for this i have a view ideas but i also would like to hear what some of you would have on your wishlist for an event like this.

my inspiration for this originates in the Avaloka events in vienna, which are more of a ritual kind with a group meditation and ritual practice aspects but also they are a dance event where people can go crazy. i would love to add live music to the events, but i feel that would be something i need to work up to.

i am eager to read what you come up with

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Wolfnippletip
#2 Posted : 11/11/2018 2:26:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's my go-to triplist.

https://www.youtube.com/...x_I5V_MnF8YlshyoCIh5FL6g
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

jiva
#3 Posted : 11/11/2018 3:07:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nice list you got there,
i will need to give this one a closer look.

i think i should have written more clearly, the wish list was not ment for music but more stuff like:

couches, deco, anything special...
i was also thinking about making the whole dance floor out of carpet and prohibit shoes.

the party in Vienna i mentioned above for example has got a temple room where you can do yoga.

No Knowing
#4 Posted : 11/13/2018 7:43:11 AM

fool adept

I'm lucky to live an area where these type of parties happen regularly.

Make sure you have a low light "squish" room with lots of bedding or beanbags to lay around on the floor. With ambient music or even better, live ambient or medicine music by one fellow or a small music troupe.

Prohibiting shoes is helpful.

Having no talking upon the dance floor itself really helps it be a special container for ecstatic body movement, leaving mental/verbal aspects of reality to other spaces of the party.

Have plenty of water and herbal elixirs for hydration and natural stimulation to get the party going.

Large crystals borrowed from friends collections strewn across the room helps the vibe. Art, just any art 3D that people will donate to be kept in the space for the party.

Cacao served warm in large bowl with a ladle.

Body painters to cover everyone up in some art.[UV reactive bodypaint is extra nice.

Let some visual artists set up canvasses and live paint during the event.

Have arrangements to have dance or ritual performances during the music. Ritualists, fire dancers, water ceremonies, etc...

Inviting diviners like tarot readers or astrologists to have their own booth is fun to add.

Allowing people to sell their custom handmade jewelry around the party.

Breakfast is amazing way to end the party even if its just something clean and simple.
In the province of the mind what one believes to be true, either is true or becomes true within certain limits. These limits are to be found experimentally and experientially. When so found these limits turn out to be further beliefs to be transcended. In the province of the mind there are no limits. However, in the province of the body there are definite limits not to be transcended.-J.C. Lilly
The Spice must flow
Zat was Zen and dis is Dao.

cosmic butterfly
#5 Posted : 11/15/2018 9:06:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Curious what country u in?
Im also in place(israel) with pretty much nonexistent psychill scene which sucks!

Have been to some awesome psychill parties out the country though, the things that got me vibing were ofcourse good music and sound system but also atmophere. Always love cool decorations like nice built stage with psy decorations, blacklights, uv artworks, projectors, dancers, smoke machine, lasers, FIRE, hammocks..not sure what u have axcess to but any of these things will add to the atmosphere

jiva
#6 Posted : 11/15/2018 6:29:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@No Knowing: thank you, some very good ideas. i will see what i can do.

@cosmic butterfly: i live in Austria.
lucky me, i got access to quite a lot of the stuff you mentioned. but at the end it will come down to costs and if people are actually interested in the event.

cosmic butterfly
#7 Posted : 11/15/2018 7:39:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jiva wrote:
@No Knowing: thank you, some very good ideas. i will see what i can do.

@cosmic butterfly: i live in Austria.
lucky me, i got access to quite a lot of the stuff you mentioned. but at the end it will come down to costs and if people are actually interested in the event.

Yeh i hear u man, hope is success and u have a great time Smile