We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Quebec Legal Cannabis website Options

jbark
#1 Posted : 11/8/2018 6:48:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

EDIT: Link only works in Canada, as DansMaTete pointed out below. I have attached some screen shots if you scroll down. You won't be able to navigate the pages, obviously, but it will give you an idea of the setup.

I thought this might be of interest. The laws and governance vary from province to province, and what you read on the site linked applies only to Quebec.

Ask questions if you have any - I'll do my best to answer. I'm not really a pot smoker, but I indulge from time to time and I'm proud to be part of the second country, after Uruguay, to legalize cannabis.

I will be purchasing some soon, of course, but the stores have cut their hours from 7 days a week to 4, due to supply depletion - they didn't anticipate the demand!! Shocked

For the moment, the stores are only open for information purposes while they wait on the growers...

Cheers,

JBArk

The Société québécoise du cannabis
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

DansMaTete
#2 Posted : 11/8/2018 7:15:01 PM

[insert something smart/deep here]

Link brings to : "Website available in Canada only"

*shrugs*

« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

jbark
#3 Posted : 11/8/2018 7:19:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DansMaTete wrote:

*shrugs*

Oh shit... I should have anticipated that...

I'll post some screen shots. Better than nothing, I guess - my apologies.

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

jbark
#4 Posted : 11/8/2018 7:28:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here are some screen shots:

jbark attached the following image(s):
Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 2.20.16 PM.png (328kb) downloaded 158 time(s).
Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 2.20.36 PM.png (159kb) downloaded 158 time(s).
Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 2.25.00 PM.png (234kb) downloaded 160 time(s).
Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 2.25.23 PM.png (764kb) downloaded 157 time(s).
Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 2.25.50 PM.png (309kb) downloaded 157 time(s).
Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 2.26.25 PM.png (189kb) downloaded 157 time(s).
Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 2.26.49 PM.png (310kb) downloaded 157 time(s).
Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 2.27.27 PM.png (420kb) downloaded 156 time(s).

dreamer042
#5 Posted : 11/8/2018 10:40:24 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Canada

For

The

Win!

Thumbs up Cool
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

jbark
#6 Posted : 11/9/2018 9:12:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
Canada

For

The

Win!

Thumbs up Cool

Vive

le

Quebec

geler!

(translation: long live HIGH Quebec! Strangely, 'geler' means frozen, as well as stoned... but I guess ice and rocks have one thing in common - immobility! Razz

Cheers,

JBArk

null24
#7 Posted : 11/10/2018 2:19:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

It is nice to see federal legalization, but it seems like that system is set up to favor large and potential corporate backed farms instead of allowing the long time banner holders to continue profiting.

I'd rather see local farmers in control than paid by investors for their knowledge. That is, if that is a legit concern.

Interesting strains, none are familiar to me. What size are those containers? Does $20C buy an eighth or a gram?

We over produced in Oregon so heavily that prices are plummeted. I bought an 8th of top shelf GG4 yesterday at the shop for $27. That won't last long. Legislators are trying to write laws to allow interstate sales to alleviate some of the overflow. That's just what's going on here in OR.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Jees
#8 Posted : 11/10/2018 3:35:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DansMaTete wrote:

*shrugs*

Vive le VPN Pleased
Orders are still another game.

jbark
#9 Posted : 11/10/2018 7:25:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
It is nice to see federal legalization, but it seems like that system is set up to favor large and potential corporate backed farms instead of allowing the long time banner holders to continue profiting.

I'd rather see local farmers in control than paid by investors for their knowledge. That is, if that is a legit concern.

Interesting strains, none are familiar to me. What size are those containers? Does $20C buy an eighth or a gram?

We over produced in Oregon so heavily that prices are plummeted. I bought an 8th of top shelf GG4 yesterday at the shop for $27. That won't last long. Legislators are trying to write laws to allow interstate sales to alleviate some of the overflow. That's just what's going on here in OR.

A gram is about 7can$, but you need to buy tubs of several grams at a time.

And what I have heard is that government approved licences were incredibly costly and that most went to ‘mafia’ style growers who had the connections and capital to afford the licences, looking to legitimize their businesses (needs confirmation- mostly hearsay...)

JBArk

antares
#10 Posted : 11/12/2018 12:22:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:

The government being what it is doesn't care who profits. They see potential tax revenues to replace falling tobacco and alcohol sales. It wouldn't surprise me at all if nearly all independent growers were forced out of the market by large tobacco style companies.

dreamer042
#11 Posted : 11/12/2018 5:54:37 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Do the new laws allow personal cultivation?
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

jbark
#12 Posted : 11/12/2018 6:18:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
Do the new laws allow personal cultivation?

In all provinces EXCEPT Quebec and, I believe, New Brunswick...

I think the difference is that in Quebec it is a provincial government run business, and in other provinces they are private businesses that owns and operate the brick and mortar and online outlets, so the government must see it as a means of controlling their profit; if many grew two or three plants and then gave a bunch to their friends, there would be no way, employing the logic I imagine they are, for them to guarantee profits.

One interesting point: in Quebec, you can smoke cannabis anywhere you can smoke tobacco. In other words, anywhere outdoors including parks, outdoor shows etc, so long as you are not within 300m(or something like that) of a school or daycare.

JBArk

dragonrider
#13 Posted : 11/13/2018 4:16:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow, i love it. But goddammit canada, you people are singlehandedly demolishing our tourist sector in amsterdam Laughing Laughing Laughing

jbark
#14 Posted : 11/13/2018 6:57:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
Wow, i love it. But goddammit canada, you people are singlehandedly demolishing our tourist sector in amsterdam Laughing Laughing Laughing

That is our dastardly plan! muhahahaha!! We thought Uruguay would have taken care of that, but now we have had to step up! Twisted Evil

JBArk

NikkiPotnick1981
#15 Posted : 11/19/2018 4:43:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:

High quality craft growers will always have a place in this market. Unfortunately the smoke market is shrinking year on year. However the price per gram for this premium smokeable bud is climbing in mature markets like California. So although big corporations will own the extracted sku's such as drinks, edibles and distillates (since they burn out the terpenes and care not for quality) the little growers will do well with the dry bud as well as concentrates.

I think we'll see this go down much like big brew compared to micro brew. Micro brew is the only really palatable beer in North America. And they are taking a big bite out of big brew revenues.

Good riddance.

However as soon as a high revenue micro grow/brew pops up, the big guys will simply buy them out. Sad

Egzoset
#16 Posted : 8/28/2019 3:02:47 PM

Vaporist of Borg

Salutations,

Time to pop i guess!

It often seems to me like a lot of editorialists got satisfied using Canada's "Légaleezation" as reference since the Cannabis Act, while the more i read the less i manage to moderate my urge to express violent rage - and here's why...

#1) This didn't end a neeed for sterilization by ionizing rays (from atomic radiation, etc.) which i presume would still leave behind toxins and insect poop besides dead infestations unless washed off efficiently - if that's even possible without further destoying quality...

#2) Greed-driven temptation of industrialized processing as "Tumbled Weed" translates as raising the trichome glands to vegetal substrate ratio, which brings my 3rd objection.

#3) It appears potential contaminants of the vegetal substrate now include a long list of 96 pesticides (so far!), not to mention myclobutanil trace amounts which i thought just to be banned previously!

Further searches on Hydrogen Cyanide, which gets released by the consumer's own action (via combustion or vape/vaporization heating), finally caused me to make a connection with "Zyklon" (cyclone)... A "Schedule-3" poison of the Chemical Weapons Convention.

Considering that "Légaleezation" is bound to spread pesticide use, "legal" or otherwise, i'm forced to conclude that the 2015 electoral promise to render mari-caca "incidental" is becoming a sad reality: e.g. 1 visit at the SQdC store probably doesn't expose to serious consequences for health, while i'm certainly not ready to bet on long-term safety in a chronic use context, expecially in absence of real science! The most cruel aspect of this miserable reform being that "bio" grades in Québec are practically synonymous of skilled "illegal"/"organized crime" cultivation... Or briefly put what i came to define under a single word that spells as plain VILIFICATION, intended to erase the past, possibly in a matter of a couple generations!

In retrospective it does't matter if Trudeau's mari-caca is safe or not, it's the whole cannabis market which could evoke fear+ suspicion, especially in young minds. The final objective being to reverse a traditional image of safety inherited from days when cannabis used to be grown naturally, outdoors.

M'well, that's how it feels for me anyway.

Good day, have fun!!
Egzoset attached the following image(s):
Health Canada pesticides with Myclobutanil (2019-Aug-25) [800x300[] .PNG (151kb) downloaded 17 time(s).