We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Our first touch with the spirit molecule Options

WillieTheDude
#1 Posted : 10/31/2018 6:41:24 PM

Compound Collector

Hey Everyone!

Firstly, I'd like to say thanks to all of you wonderful people for sharing all your knowledge and giving me many advices along the way.

Me and my girlfriend were interested in DMT for a long time we gathered all the necessities several months ago but there simply wasn't any calling for actually going through with the process. I'd say we are fairly experienced with psychedelics (psilocybin, LSA, LSD, MDMA, bufotenine) but when it came to DMT our approach was very respectful, almost fearful.
Anyway, after several months of research suddenly there came this rush of 'you've got to do it now'. Suddenly I couldn't think about anything else and even though we both work full time jobs and have very little free time we went through with the extraction that very day.
The extraction went semi-successful, out of 50g of MHRB we pulled 260mg of yellowish crystals. I wasn't too thrilled about it but hey, it was our first try and I'm pretty sure I know where have we screwed up.
Lets talk about the experience itself.

Set & Setting
On the D Day we were both pretty nervous. Since the morning I wasn't really sure if I'm actually gonna go with it and dose in the evening. My gf was determined but that pushed me away even more because it seemed to me that all her fears went away and that she treated the situation with lack of respect.
During the day we cleaned our apartment pretty thoroughly. Then the evening came and after the darkness settled we were both decided. We set our yoga mats on the ground, lit several candles so that no electronic light was necessary and we burned some Palo Santo wood which created wonderful atmosphere with very pleasant smell all around us.
After we were finished with our room preparation we blew some caapi blend of rapé into each others nostrils, we put on icaros and for half an hour we did different types of breathwork.

The Experience
After our meditation/breathwork was done we sit next to our little 'altar' where we burned some more Palo Santo and started weighing our doses. I decided to go first. We weigh 20mg of mixture of yellowish and white crystals (from the first pull). The pipe we used was horrible for that purpose I had to do some modifications using alu foil but it was the only thing on hand. I hesitated for a second but without a second thought I just lit the lighter and started to heat the glass.
The taste was... specific, like nothing I have ever tasted, it was this weird plasticy taste but honestly I kinda liked the taste. I took a long hit which filled my lungs and I held it for several seconds. After I exhaled very pleasant bodyload overwhelmed my body. I was worried about the bodyload as some people describe it as very unpleasant but I liked it so much! Right after the bodyload come up everything in the room started to breath. The plants, the candles, the table, our little buddha statue, everything seemed to pulsate. The colors got very bright and saturated. I immediately went for the second hit. After this I had to lie down. The bodyload was beautiful with my eyes open the field of view seemed to 'zoom out'. It's hard to describe but I felt like my vision was being pulled backwards. When I closed my eyes I could see grid-like patterns which were flying past very fast but they were very subtle I could only see them when I focused on them.
Right when I was able to function again my gf started to ask questions (understandably) which felt really uncomfortable to me. It was so hard to form words and even when I tried it didn't seemed to make much sense. I'm actually writing this 4 days after the experience as I have been able to think about it some more.
Anyway, I tried to describe to her to my best ability what did I felt and I prepared 20mg dose for her.
The experience was pretty much identical to mine so I won't go to detail about it but as she became functional again we both agreed that we want to do more. I loaded another 20mg and proceeded to smoke. Again the same bodyload, the same visuals. Now I was sure our smoking method is wrong. So we did a sandwich method with some ogkush (10%thc, 10%cbd) and 40mg of DMT.
This part was very beautiful. All the effects mentioned before came but this time it was very different mind state. I became overwhelmed with feeling of absolute happiness as to how beautiful set have we prepared for ourselves I was amazed that we actually obtained this peculiar molecule from root bark that came from other half of the planet. I was just amazed with everything, amazed with being human, being alive. Then we both burst into uncontrollable laugh at the same time. It was magical.
After we came down, drank some water, smoked some pure cannabis and talked about the incredible power this little molecule holds realizing that we have not even stepped into the real experience, we only rang the doorbell.
In a beautiful afterglow we decided to load a final dose which was 35mg sandwich method. For me it went the same way as before although this time the wall behind our altar went 3D. It's hard to describe but it looked like the opacity of the wall went to 80% and there was another transparent wall behind it in an angle that made it look 3D. Also every edge be it shadow, edge of a table just everything was being 'copied' by small train of patterns. It looked like a tiny train of swirling patterns was riding on every edge of the room.
I was just fascinated by the visuals and I have no idea for how long have I stared into wall like a lunatic.
After a while I snapped out of the fascination and looked at my gf (I didn't even perceive her presence during my experience) and she was just sitting with her head slumped down hugging her knees. Few seconds after I looked at her she opened her eyes and just went 'Oh my god.'
She described to me that in the onset she was hypnotized by the light of a candle. She felt her hearth everywhere, in her belly, her chest and lungs. She could feel her ribs. As she slumped her head she felt pressure building up in her head although she described it as a great feeling.
She felt like her consciousness was melting into the room and she felt lighter. She felt all the negative energy, that was built up, release and wash away. She was very happy.

Conclusion/TLDR
We smoked 135mg of DMT throughout 2 hours. The interesting thing is it didn't felt like 2 hours at all. And I mean we were flabbergasted when we realized 2 hours have passed since we lit the first pipe. It felt like half an hour tops.
Although many will say that we have wasted our DMT and that we could've smoked 50mg each properly etc. I'm honestly very grateful for this first experience with this mysterious substance. Smoking it gradually, being completely in the moment in great environment with loving person has been an absolutely wonderful experience and I have been able to release myself from many of my initial fears regarding the bodyload and the overall feeling. Don't get me wrong I still have the utmost respect for this substance maybe even more seeing how little did so much but I'm determined to go deeper and explore what lies beyond the low dose threshold without irrational fears.
My gf feels the same, her experience was much more powerful and the positive afterglow carried itself with her to upcoming days. I can really see the change in her mood and even she described that she doesn't get stressed as easily as before.
This experience left us both longing for more and we will do another little 'ceremony' of ours very soon. Thinking about how I liked the onset and gradual consumption I'm starting to think that changa might be the right way to go for me. I'm thinking about preparing my own mixture without harmalas as I want to explore the spirit of DMT on its own. And I'm also not sure I want my first breakthrough last longer than necessary.

Anyway, I'd say our wall of text is long enough and if you read through it all I hope it brought you some insight especially if you are preparing for your first meeting with this powerful substance.
I'd really appreciate some feedback from the experienced travelers regarding my last paragraph about changa.

Love you all, safe travels!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Jees
#2 Posted : 10/31/2018 6:55:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wonderful how you follow your intuition Love

DmnStr8
#3 Posted : 10/31/2018 11:12:30 PM

Come what may

I will never tire of hearing first time impressions of DMT. Thank for sharing your thoughtfully planned out experience! I think it provides an excellent example of how to approach DMT for anyone interested in trying it for the first time.

Thumbs up

Welcome to the Nexus!

"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

fidus-archimedes
#4 Posted : 11/1/2018 1:40:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This was a great read; thank you.

I have, at long last, completed my first extraction and am now planning my first trip with some trepidation. A report like this is good for translating that fear into excitement. I have many commitments over the next few weeks, so I don't expect to be able to lift off for some time. That's ok. It gives me time to plan.

SeekingPelican
#5 Posted : 11/1/2018 3:58:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Excellent post, and you have my thanks!

I also love 'first time' reports. I am looking forward to reading how future experiences develop so please keep me updated.