We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Purging too soon. Options

observe
#1 Posted : 10/27/2018 5:10:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I make ayahuasca by soaking mimosa in slightly acidified water for a month and soaking caapi separately in acidified water for a month. I then combine the fluids for reduction and mix the Solids in a separate pot and do 3 more 600ml hot water pulls on the solids before pouring each pull into the primary fluid pot for reduction. This recently left me with a beautiful 250ml of rust colored fluid I am eager to try. The only reason I find myself hesitating is because the last time I tried drinking a brew like this it resulted in me puking almost immediately after consumption, wasting my entire dose. So how can I not purge immediately? I'm used to drinking these putrid potions so this is not a matter of heightened sensitivity. Thank you for your consideration.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

observe
#2 Posted : 10/29/2018 7:59:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Shamelessly bumping.

I do realize that there are a plethora of threads about circumventing the purge but this is not my intention, I love the purge. This particular inquiry has not been addressed elsewhere.

pastanostra
#3 Posted : 10/29/2018 10:45:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

if it's the taste that do purge for you, you can try to :

close your nose and take a long breath
drop your brew quickly without air
Drink something that can cut the taste and that you like (ginger or something else)
exhale all the air your kept in your lungs by mouth

observe
#4 Posted : 10/30/2018 7:28:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The taste isn't the issue. It's bad, so pungent there is no hope of masking it but I can get it down. I can drink it but after 5 or 10 minutes of it being in my stomach I have no hope but to evacuate. I want that to be closer to an hour. So I can puke while I peak.

ShamensStamen
#5 Posted : 10/30/2018 8:20:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Maybe try 2.5 to 3.5 grams of Rue seed powder in capsules about 30 minutes to an hour before consuming the Aya? Or try lowering your Caapi dosage.

Scruboftheib
#6 Posted : 10/30/2018 10:21:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Calamus root chewed tends to get rid of the sick feeling of tryptamines. It might hold off the sickness

Life is a "continually" evolving dynamic. Things constantly change. Conditions constantly change. There may come an expression such as "truth of the moment" or whatever. However, THE truth can be identified "in the moment" IF and only IF all people involved are open to paying attention to the particular circumstances that exist in the moment that people "choose" to start paying attention. Please notice that this has nothing to do with the past.

observe
#7 Posted : 11/1/2018 7:40:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The gut does not efficiently extract harmalas from raw Syrian rue. That would also probably be far more nauseating since I've od'd on rue multiple times and my body reacts to impure rue extracts like it would poison(instant purge). I worked with rue for a few years but when it comes to ayahuasca caapi is far more lucid and stimulating. I'll try the calamus. Can you explain how it works?

ShamensStamen
#8 Posted : 11/1/2018 9:02:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have no problem absorbing the goods from Rue seed powder. Maybe try roasting the Rue seed before powdering them, it may affect something. I've used both raw and roasted Rue seed powder, as well as freebased Rue/Harmala extracts, works fine.

Also, try 3 to 4 grams of dried Lemon Balm leaf tea with Rue, it cleans it up very nicely, makes it feel about as clean as Caapi. Also relaxes/smooths out the intense oral DMT come up.

observe
#9 Posted : 11/2/2018 7:28:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I prefer caapi to rue because it stimulates me to a degree similar but different to lsd. Rues almost paralyzing and makes me roll my eyes back for most of the trip whereas caapi I can lucidly watch my world dissolve and walk around. How much freebase rue alkaloids do you suggest though? I have 98% harmaline and Harman i could use in the future. Also if anything I'd like a stronger ayahuasca peak at a certain level there isn't an I to feel fear so I just go for it.

ShamensStamen
#10 Posted : 11/3/2018 1:22:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I usually go for about 180 to 200mgs of freebased Rue full spectrum extract or freebased purified Harmala extract, but i also take the Rue/Harmalas regularly for the most part when i do take them so i take the same dosage and just let the reverse tolerance build up so the dosage gets stronger and stronger.

Have you tried adding a little bit of Caffeine to the Rue? Rue can indeed be more sedating/relaxing but adding a little bit of Caffeine to it can help create some stimulation, just be careful because Rue/Harmalas inhibits CYP1A2 which metabolizes Caffeine so Caffeine can be pretty potentiated to the point where even a few sips of a Caffeinated soda while on a good dose of Rue can be more potent than like 2 cups of Coffee lol. Another thing you may try looking into is Mucuna extract, which contains L-Dopa (which Mucuna is not to be confused with pure L-Dopa) and as such can replenish the body with Dopamine and Noradrenaline, and the Noradrenaline can definitely be potentiated a bit i think by the MAO-A inhibition.

Though it is my understanding that even high/heavy dosages of Caapi can still floor you and have a sickly kind of bodyload and still cause the nausea/vomiting and all that, but it does feel lighter/cleaner compared to Rue. I've never had any issue walking around on Rue, even at heavy dosages, sure it makes me wanna lay down and not move much but if i need to i have no problem going to the bathroom or walking around. Building up the Rue/Harmala's reverse tolerance may help you out, because with the reverse tolerance built up the bodyload of Rue is reduced/cleans up, apparently the dizziness and such goes away, the nausea/vomiting/diarrhea goes away, it's a lot more tolerable even on heavy dosages. In fact one member on here said he's working with 10 to 12 grams of Rue with the reverse tolerance built up and he said it feels a lot better/more manageable with the reverse tolerance. So that may be worth looking into. Also you can investigate many different plants and such in combination with Rue/Harmalas to see how they alter the Rue/Harmalas, which can give you more desirable effects.

stevensfried1994
#11 Posted : 11/3/2018 9:43:10 PM

Psychonaut

taking all natural organic ginger capsules 45 minutes to an hour ahead of time could possibly help. I haven't personally tried it with ayahuasca but it has worked well for nausea from other tryptamines for me.

observe
#12 Posted : 11/17/2018 12:46:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

200mg of freebase rue alkaloids was overwhelming. I did not add dmt just wanted to see how I reacted to the dosage. I had to clear my plans for the day curled up in my bed and meditate through the 5 hour peak. Felt like every atom of my body was vibrating and I felt as though I was having ideas and images shot into my mind(telepathine is an appropriate title). A lot of empathetic reflection occurred as well as a drawn out 20 minute purge session in which I puked out the peyote I consumed yesterday.

ShamensStamen
#13 Posted : 11/17/2018 1:30:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Try 3 to 4 grams of Lemon Balm tea with your Harmalas/Rue, it works very well for cleaning up how the Harmalas/Rue feels, i'm tellin' ya. I hardly ever take Rue without Lemon Balm these days.