We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
endogenous DMT Options

asabola
#1 Posted : 11/29/2007 2:39:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Has any research determined how much DMT is produced by an average human when they sleep? I was curious if it was substantial or if it's just trace amounts. Any theories on what exactly humans produce it for, or what would happen if we didn't produce it (how would brain function be altered)?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

DZ-015
#2 Posted : 11/29/2007 7:27:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote:3b519099bf]Has any research determined how much DMT is produced by an average human when they sleep?[/quote:3b519099bf] Not sure. Couldn't find any numbers for you. [quote:3b519099bf]Any theories on what exactly humans produce it for, or what would happen if we didn't produce it (how would brain function be altered)?[/quote:3b519099bf] There's plenty of theories out here. Have you read the "Spirit Molecule"? http://www.scribd.com/do...lecule-by-Rick-Strassman DMT an anxiolytic? http://www.erowid.org/re...es/refs_view.php?ID=7064 It's all highly speculative at this point.
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove that what is good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:2

asabola
#3 Posted : 11/30/2007 3:00:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The anxiolytic idea is interesting - i wonder if any studies will be done along that lines. You'd think they'd have tried DMT suppression experiments to see what effects that has on a person... I did look at the Strassman book. I was a bit lost with some of his speculating (dark matter, other dimensions, etc.) .

DZ-015
#4 Posted : 11/30/2007 2:31:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote:5e812ba20d]The anxiolytic idea is interesting - i wonder if any studies will be done along that lines. You'd think they'd have tried DMT suppression experiments to see what effects that has on a person...[/quote:5e812ba20d] Hopefully more research will be done, it's just a matter of getting permission from the government. DMT suppression experiments would be interesting. Deffinately test it on animals first though, because god only knows what might happen. [quote:5e812ba20d]I was a bit lost with some of his speculating (dark matter, other dimensions, etc.) .[/quote:5e812ba20d] IMO when it comes down to it, your own personal speculations are as good as anyone elses, simply because nobody really knows anything about DMT at this point.
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove that what is good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:2

bufoman
#5 Posted : 11/24/2008 12:51:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Wallach JV.
“Endogenous hallucinogens as ligands of the trace amine receptors: A possible role in sensory perception”.
Med Hypotheses. 2008;.

http://www.erowid.org/re...es/refs_view.php?ID=7404

'Coatl
#6 Posted : 11/24/2008 1:33:55 AM

Teotzlcoatl

I'm not sure when but I know it occurs naturally in the human body in some circumstances.

WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb