CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
"the (mini) machine" step by step guide (31¢ cost) Options
 
q21q21
#1 Posted : 12/6/2009 5:04:10 AM

SWIM


Posts: 1206
Joined: 08-Aug-2009
Last visit: 25-Jul-2018
Location: Nowhere, I'm not real.
SWIM remembers wasting probably close to 400mg of spice on several lightbulb vaporizers.

The vaporizers were harsh, inefficient, dirty and shockingly broke after 5-10 doses.

SWIM read about "the machine" but was always put off by the vagueness of the description and the glass drill bit requirement.


He was getting slightly frustrated with the bulb, trying to get a dose and having to concentrate so hard on smoking it right.

He painstakingly vaporized 60mg of spice in the bulb over 4-5 tokes and got shadowy entity CEVs and a feeling of well-being.

He made a prototype machine and took 32mg and readied it in the machine. 1 toke. hmmm, strong. 2 tokes..... whoa... whoa WHOA!!!
Lost himself and was in a mountain waterpark with mini elves for 3 or 4 minutes. after 7-8 minutes he was as far as the 60mg in the bulb.

SWIM feels that he will share the tek for his machine 3.0 with the forum because as he said after the 32mg trip "THE MACHINE IS... A MACHINE!"

Materials needed:

7w bulb Cost: 4 for $1 , thus 25

SWIM HAS SWITCHED TO COPPER BECAUSE IT IS LESS REACTIVE AT HIGH HEATS
copper pot scrubber, Cost: 4 scrubbers for $1 = <100 applications. thus 1¢

6-12 inches of electrical tape. Cost: roll for $1, using 1/25 or so of the roll, thus 4¢

1/3 of a straw Cost: 200 for $1, lets say 1¢
Total Cost:31¢

Tools needed:
Pliers + Screwdriver (Phillips or Robertson)


Note: SWIM used 7w bulb just because of it's toughness, any bulb can work fine.

Start by taking the bulb and squishing to top of it with the pliers, squish it from different directions from the top of the metal piece first.
Once the black piece is broken then remove it. Squish lower and lower and you should feel a release when you get it right.

The screw in part will pop off completely leaving just the glass.

This may take a couple bulbs to get right, although SWIM has yet to mess THIS part up.

Next step is to put a hole in the glass, it's most likely the most difficult step.
SWIM has messed up this step about 5 times... But the last 2 have been perfect and this is how he did them

Put the bulb firmly on a wall (not floor) take either a pen on a screwdriver and start tapping lightly and increase the force slowly.
Clearly you will hit once and it will crack, the hole should be between the size of a pencil and your pinky finger
if it is too small use very light taps to break it bigger.


SWIM's looks like this.


If you did that then the hard stuff is over!
Everything from this point on can be done and re-done if messed up.

Next take a straw an cut it to about 3-6 inches depending if you want a short or long mouthpiece.


SWIM's looks like this.

Now this part can be finicky since tape doesn't stick super well to glass.
But place the straw 1/3 to 2/3 into the bulb and tape it in place.
You want it to be mostly airtight. It in no way needs to be 100% airtight.

SWIM thinks that step is very to preference so you can judge whether his/hers looks good

The last step is to ready the scrubber. You can either cut out a piece or pull some out the middle, SWIM does the latter.
You want enough so it fits in the bottom hole without falling through, but not sticking out TOO much.

SWIM finds the best way to keep the ball as one is to roll it in your fingers, if it is resilient then just squish it with a spoon or just get another piece.

Now on most scrubbers there is a coating that SWIM would guess isn't fun to smoke. You can either bake it off or (easier) hold the ball in tweezers and torch it.

You can tell when it is done because
1: It stops smoking
2: It loses it's shine.


Before

After

Once the ball or "the machine's bowl" is prepared you are ready.

Your machine should look something like this:



Now loading the machine with spice can be tricky the first time but gets easy.

Step 1: Prepare proper amount of spice.
Step 2: Remove the scrubber ball from the machine.
Step 3: Dab or Scrub some spice onto the ball, a bunch should stick.
Step 4: By holding the lighter 4-5 inches away from the bulb melt the spice into the ball, it will stay gooey.
Step 5: Repeat 3 and 4 until dose is on the machine.

When smoking:

Hold the lighter 3-4 inches below the ball, Start toking SLOWLY and it will likely start to smoke at that distance.
Continue to move the lighter closer to the ball, got slowly and once the flame hits the ball all the spice will be vaporized.
Enjoy!


This may be a little over-kill but SWIM has never liked smoking anything but has grown to like the taste of spice.
The bulb is small to limit any condensation of the spice and it is really easy to carry and use, plus it is pretty tough.

Although the leaf bed method may work the same or maybe even slightly better (SWIM doubts)
SWIM never coughs with the machine because he tokes slow and even SWIM's buddies who try it don't complain about the taste unless asked.

Cheers and good luck to anyone who is having trouble breaking through, wants a change or just feels like trying the machine.



Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

 

Psychedelic news, articles, interviews and art from the DMT-Nexus and other sources.
 
State of the Mind
#2 Posted : 12/6/2009 11:42:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 260
Joined: 27-Nov-2009
Last visit: 30-Mar-2014
Location: Elsewhere
Wow, thanks for that. Really detailed and easy to follow instructions.

q21q21 wrote:
Total Cost:31¢

You say that, however most people will have a lot of these supplies standing around the house. So realistically it should be around $10-20

I currently use the leaf bed method. I have vaporized and have found it very effective. However I enjoy the taste and the way different leafs effect the trip. However this had made me want to make a vaporizer, sometimes it is inconvenient to stink out the house with chenga. Sad
People spend their lives searching for perfect moments and fail to see, that there are many unappreciated perfect moments everyday that are overlooked.
 
nodice
#3 Posted : 12/6/2009 5:11:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 264
Joined: 14-May-2009
Last visit: 17-Jun-2017

It may be effective, but I would never use that pipe.

have you ever taken that ferry from San Francisco to Berkeley and looked back and seen that while in Berkeley, San Francisco doesn't exist?

 
Spock's Brain
#4 Posted : 12/6/2009 6:32:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 367
Joined: 22-Mar-2008
Last visit: 11-May-2019
Location: immersed in a Star Trek episode marathon
no
"Infinite Diversity, in Infinite Combinations."
 
۩
#5 Posted : 12/6/2009 9:16:15 PM

.

Senior Member

Posts: 6739
Joined: 13-Apr-2009
Last visit: 04-Jan-2016
when you can just blast crystals in a [bong] bowl...or changa in a joint...I just do not see the appeal in these strange and unceremonial devices.

 
antrocles
#6 Posted : 12/6/2009 9:19:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member

Posts: 1686
Joined: 06-Feb-2009
Last visit: 17-Jan-2018
Location: deep in the heart of humility
yucko. no way jose...
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."
 
1664
#7 Posted : 12/6/2009 11:29:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 728
Joined: 09-Oct-2009
Last visit: 19-Jun-2019
Location: London
Top marks for creative effort and I am sure it works a treat, but it just looks a bit nasty for me! I will stick to the changa methinks.

There must be a reasonable market for someone to professionally make a "machine" type device. Any glass blowers in the nexus? Smile
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

 
amor_fati
#8 Posted : 12/7/2009 12:25:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Posts: 2291
Joined: 26-Mar-2008
Last visit: 06-Aug-2017
Location: The Thunderbolt Pagoda
It does look a little nasty, but SWIM's first machine wasn't much better. This did remind SWIM of the importance simple improvised vaporizers and also of the true merits of "the machine." SWIM's been using a simple bowl with a copper mesh bed with a bubbler for some time now, but it's difficult not to burn since there's no protection between the spice and the flame (other than skill); not to mention that some amount of resin always ends up in the stem.

Anyway, the OP's method reminded SWIM of how simple and reliable the machine can be and inspired him to develop a new method of smoking. SWIM'll be providing a pictorial in a new thread.
 
jamie
#9 Posted : 12/7/2009 12:34:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Posts: 12252
Joined: 12-Nov-2008
Last visit: 21-Sep-2019
Location: turtle island
۩ wrote:
when you can just blast crystals in a [bong] bowl...or changa in a joint...I just do not see the appeal in these strange and unceremonial devices.



Ceremonial says it all for me..I NEED a nice trippy glass piece that I reserve for methylated tryptamines that I clean all the time..it's like my spaceship..got to roll in style..

But to each their own.

 
lonewolf123
#10 Posted : 12/7/2009 1:44:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 330
Joined: 04-Jul-2009
Last visit: 02-Jul-2017
Location: Dimension 7
۩ wrote:
when you can just blast crystals in a [bong] bowl...or changa in a joint...I just do not see the appeal in these strange and unceremonial devices.



Are you breaking through on these changa joints? What are you throwing in your mix?

 
mumbles
#11 Posted : 12/7/2009 2:22:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 557
Joined: 09-Sep-2009
Last visit: 26-Jun-2012
You would be inhaling electrical tape fumes (plastic and glues) and possibly plastic from the straw. Does that really sound like a good idea? There is a reason the machine has no plastic parts.
 
amor_fati
#12 Posted : 12/7/2009 2:48:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Posts: 2291
Joined: 26-Mar-2008
Last visit: 06-Aug-2017
Location: The Thunderbolt Pagoda
mumbles wrote:
You would be inhaling electrical tape fumes (plastic and glues) and possibly plastic from the straw. Does that really sound like a good idea? There is a reason the machine has no plastic parts.


SWIM's very first attempt at vaporizing used a light bulb with tape to hold a bottle can in place. It was obviously nasty and SWIM developed a strong fear inhaling fumes from the adhesive and threw it away immediately. His next device was machine made with a larger bottle which also used tape as the bottom had broken out and had to be sealed off; this one wasn't bad because the heat didn't make it far enough through glass (due to thickness and distance) for that to be a problem. This one seems like it could get pretty hot though (thin glass and a very small piece), so that's definitely a concern here.
 
q21q21
#13 Posted : 12/8/2009 4:05:27 AM

SWIM


Posts: 1206
Joined: 08-Aug-2009
Last visit: 25-Jul-2018
Location: Nowhere, I'm not real.
lol thanks for the ball busting guys.

FYI the bulb never gets anywhere hot enough to melt the straw or the tape. The flame will vaporize about 95% of the spice from 3 inches away. The only spice only vaporizes and never comes close to burning, hence the efficiency.

Also: the bulb, when used correctly, never gets dirty or needs cleaning, the ball can get some gunk on it, but you take 30 seconds and make another one and you're off!

But anyway, SWIM's reason for the loving this pipe are as follows:

SWIM is one of the few people who not only hasn't ever smoked a cigarette but also despises the taste and effects of cannabis.

SWIM's only good experience with smoking anything is through spice so he has in fact acquired the taste and likes it, and it alone.

If SWIY could mention any herbs that actually taste good to a non-smoker then SWIM would love to try them, but SWIM is very content with the machine

SWIM is a true purest and this is clearly without any bells and whistles. Efficiency and Simplicity win with SWIM Pleased

And SWIM's own machine is actually made from a test tube and a glass rod, though SWIM gives these as gifts with spice to close friends, they love them

Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

 
amor_fati
#14 Posted : 12/8/2009 5:16:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Posts: 2291
Joined: 26-Mar-2008
Last visit: 06-Aug-2017
Location: The Thunderbolt Pagoda
Awesome! Glad it works well for SWIY. Spice vaporization can certainly be very simple with a little ingenuity. SWIM doesn't really smoke anything either and loves "the machine" in all its forms.
 
Espiridion
#15 Posted : 12/11/2009 9:07:57 PM

--who.??..ME??--


Posts: 628
Joined: 12-Feb-2009
Last visit: 01-Nov-2018
Location: Aetherville
.
.
Kudos to you for MacGuyvering up a nifty little solution. Simplicity.

Appreciate you taking the time and effort with your pics.

My herbal bed suggestions are in line with the changa thread. Mullein, lotus or any mint are nice to smoke.



Namaste,

J
.
.
Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung

 
Madcap
#16 Posted : 12/11/2009 9:59:05 PM

illudium Q-36


Posts: 861
Joined: 09-Jul-2009
Last visit: 31-Aug-2017
Location: uranus
q21q21 wrote:
....SWIM gives these as gifts with spice to close friends, they love them




Hehe . I found cheap "oil burner" pipes at a porn store here. They were $7. I bought several just to give to friends if I sent them home with some magic.

This would have been cheaper and craftier

All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.
 
Bumber
#17 Posted : 12/22/2009 8:57:46 AM
Bumber


Posts: 11
Joined: 05-Jul-2009
Last visit: 18-Sep-2013
Location: 4th of JULY
you could use a small fine triangle file to cut the glass where the metal part is, or the file in nail clippers even, that should give you a nice smooth cut/look...or use pliers to break it and wet sand smooth.

Also you could use some wet 100 or 220grit sandpaper to cut the straw hole damn near air tight to eliminate breaking the bulb and having to tape it. Sand paper is pretty cheap, like $1 for a 5pk at the dollar store.

Should be able to get free straws from any fastfood place, ask for a free water cup Pleased ...ask FOAFs if they have nightlights to hold dead bulbs for you...could almost make these for free Laughing

could use glass tube instead of straws if you have some.

I like it Twisted Evil
 
amor_fati
#18 Posted : 12/23/2009 3:16:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Posts: 2291
Joined: 26-Mar-2008
Last visit: 06-Aug-2017
Location: The Thunderbolt Pagoda
 
 
Users browsing this forum
Guest

DMT-Nexus theme created by The Traveler
This page was generated in 0.060 seconds.