We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT N-Oxide Options

jiva
#1 Posted : 10/20/2018 8:15:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hi everyone,

so when dmt is heated in a pipe but not vaporized does it turn to DMT N-Oxide?

i posted in another thread about my weird trips and i was wondering if this is maybe the result of DMT N-Oxide having different psychedelic effects on its

have any of you experiemented with DMT N-Oxide on its own?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Jees
#2 Posted : 10/20/2018 11:53:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi jiva,

What I've understand so far is that the oxide turns into a non-oxide by heating it, due thermal decomposition. What is inhaled should have had the necessary temperature for this decomposition???

Once, a one-off test was done: what was thought to be dmt-oxide*** was vaped a trip for sure. Was it different? Too long a time ago but remember not noticing a difference in nature but then again it was a slam where noticing something at all is difficult to grasp.Big grin
Only walked away with the thought: it works.
White crystals turning yellow over time had people never needing to compensate this with more weight, right?

Same product oral seemed less active than normal per weight (on several tests), prolly due to the non thermal decomposition? Just guessing.

*** this deep orange goo was not picked up by naphtha and I believe it even got reduced to mere white crystals with zinc reduction. I've no idea how much this defines the oxide, but looks like it.

jiva
#3 Posted : 10/20/2018 2:23:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@Jees: if you want to try what i experienced, i suggest you the best way of replicating it so far is packing a GVG with a bit more then you would use for a single trip. For me that was about 50 mg since usually 35 to 50 gets me very far.
take a hit from the GVG as if you would do 3 hits, but just leave it at one.
an hour later smoke what is left in the pipe - i did 3 hits. for all of this i used a jet light

the difference in the trip is profound.
this time i saw my room looking like it was an oilpainting, sharp edges became jegged, all looked like it was painted over and over right in front of me. like someone behind was throwing the paint at what i was seeing.
The wooden floor was like it lost substance and started to deforme like jello with a wave structure. all while i was sinking deeper and deeper into the couch which was like a boat on the jello sea.

benzyme
#4 Posted : 10/21/2018 1:56:35 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

interestingly enough, I've analyzed re-x'd vaped dmt , and saw no indication that an oxide was formed, at least from the HPLC and mass spectra. The pyrrole group of indole is what is susceptible to autooxidation, as even tryptamine turns yellow. the indole can also undergo pi-bond rearrangement. the other odd phenomena is the polymorphism.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck