We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Cannabis Isn't the same for me anymore.... :/ Options

POST BALONE
#21 Posted : 10/25/2018 3:59:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

for me , i was active pre - re-engineered super weed . so i was on the regs .

i have been free (10 plus years) from an intense psychological weed addiction which was like 20 plus years .

now a few times , a few years back i have smoked some of this new stuff - i felt like i was going to die - not fun . and this is like 2-3 small tokes . can you even find the regs any more ?

nothing beats a year (plus) off . you may find you dont want / need it . my advice is find something , make plans to occupy yourself with some activity for a month , and then you should start not thinking about it . it will be challenging but in the end being free is better .

good luck man .
All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Spaced Out 2
#22 Posted : 10/25/2018 5:18:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I used to like getting high AF, but now can barely tolerate in the sense that it makes me veg or just fall asleep. I don't really get anything from it mentally anymore and question myself when I take my little hitter box out in the woods with me while mushroom hunting and smoke a hitters worth. That's about all I can handle anymore, I guess I'm good if I'm doing something. That's about the only time I do it.

I've tried some of these edibles and concentrates, maybe if I was younger I'd enjoy it but the body load some of these things induce isn't a great experience now. I will just keep the habit where its currently at, very very low tolerance.

Mindless Hippie
#23 Posted : 10/25/2018 8:44:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe if you quit for several months, clear your system of all THC, and just dont think about it for a while. When your system is clean, get a bag of sativa, smoke 'er up, and see if anything has changed. Drug tolerances do go away after a while of abstinence.

And if you dont like a sleepy high, avoid indica and smoke sativa. The difference is real.

Doesn't staying wrecked all the time kinda take the fun out of getting high once in a while?

Jake_Megabyte
#24 Posted : 10/26/2018 6:24:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

NurfMeToTheMoon wrote:
Jake_Megabyte wrote:
I'm taking a break from cannabis for a while. I find that a tolerance break every now and then is great to reset the nervous system. The cool part is all the hallucinogenic dreams that I start having when I stop using cannabis. The hypnagogia I experience reminds me of low doses of mushrooms. They are very visionary, I see like surreal pop cartoons smiling at me. The other night I saw this UFO in the sky with lights on the bottom. It was rotating. This was a hallucination all while i was falling asleep.

I also had a lucid dream that got really psychedelic. Everything exploded into rainbows like how I hallucinate on psilocybin. After that dream I had another one where terence mckenna was lecturing at me about how consciousness is free to explore other places and spaces when the body dies.

So there are some definite benefits on giving cannabis a rest.

Haha those sounds like some pretty whacky and insane dreams, always had dreams this vivid?

I only ask as I very very rarely remember my dreams, which in all honesty makes me quite sad feel like I'm genuinely missing out on something could be quite special.

I started experimenting with dreams and stuff with lucid dreaming when I was a teenager. Then I discovered psychedelics in college, which made my dreams where more out there. Put both of those experiences together, then stop using cannabis after being a daily user and viola: you get really psychedelic dreams for about a week.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/ma4p9oQ.png[/img]

Jake_Megabyte
#25 Posted : 10/26/2018 6:25:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mindless Hippie wrote:
Maybe if you quit for several months, clear your system of all THC, and just dont think about it for a while. When your system is clean, get a bag of sativa, smoke 'er up, and see if anything has changed. Drug tolerances do go away after a while of abstinence.

And if you dont like a sleepy high, avoid indica and smoke sativa. The difference is real.

Doesn't staying wrecked all the time kinda take the fun out of getting high once in a while?

In my experience, as a little as a week can go by of abstaining from cannabis and the high will be so dramatically different when you return to it. Way more psychedelic and profound. I love doing it this way, but I tend to get caught up in the daily use. I'm starting to grow tired of that approach though.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/ma4p9oQ.png[/img]

PREV12