We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
5-meo-DMT Oxalate Options

CatchThirtyThr33
#1 Posted : 10/18/2018 10:59:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Greetings Nexus,

I’ve recently been looking into, and now have some 5-meo-dmt Oxalate.

From what I’ve read there are slightly mixed accounts of the danger of the oxalic salt content in this. Some say that the levels of toxicity would be 400mg/kg, while others say that the levels of oxalic salts in typical 5-meo doses are so small (3-5mg) that it wouldn’t have any adverse effects. Others are saying that even the Hcl versions could be harmful, but people don’t typically react negatively when vaporizing it.

Anyways, my knowledge is fairly limited in regards to 5-meo, and even less so in regards to these variations. Would anyone here be able to let me know a bit more information, experiences, etc.

Much thanks

C33

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

dreamer042
#2 Posted : 10/18/2018 11:42:08 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

If your intention is to smoalk it, you might consider converting it to freebase.

Several teks are here.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

CatchThirtyThr33
#3 Posted : 10/18/2018 11:50:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for your response,

Are the conversion teks for 5-meo the same for n,n-dmt?
And would a “fumerate to freebase” be the best bet, even though it’s an oxalate? Thanks again

dreamer042
#4 Posted : 10/19/2018 3:43:43 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Yep any of the salt to freebase conversion teks for n,n also apply to 5-meo and to oxalate as well as hcl/fumerate/any other salt form. The end result should be the same for all of them.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

CatchThirtyThr33
#5 Posted : 10/19/2018 5:33:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for your knowledge, I very much appreciate it

Am open to any other input if anyone else has any experience with this variant

Loveall
#6 Posted : 11/13/2018 11:06:43 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

I'm not an expert, but people take tea enemas (7oz of tea can have 72mg of oxalates), so I think a few mg of 5-MeO-DMT oxalate should be ok.

Anyone have experience with rectal oxalate or know moar?
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 11/13/2018 2:21:56 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

From purely a chemistry perspective, the amount of oxalate in an active dose is of minimal grounds for concern with respect to toxicity.
Quote:
Some say that the levels of toxicity would be 400mg/kg, while others say that the levels of oxalic salts in typical 5-meo doses are so small (3-5mg) that it wouldn’t have any adverse effects.

Here the "400mg/kg" refers to the LD50 per kilogram of body weight of the test subject, so an 80kg human (if they were as sensitive - or insensitive - to oxalate as a rabbit) would have a 50% chance of death with 0.4x80 = 32 grams, or 32000mg, of oxalate. 5-MeO-DMT hydrogenoxalate contains just under 30% by weight of oxalate so you'd be exceeding the likely LD50 for 5-MeO-DMT well before approaching a level of harm from the oxalate present in the compound.

Calcium oxalate has a very low solubility so it's theoretically possible to convert the oxalate to the hydrochloride by mixing it with the requisite amount of calcium chloride.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

soul-explorer
#8 Posted : 2/9/2020 3:24:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Question in regards to plugging 5-MeO oxalate:

As it doesn't really dissolve in water, is it hurting the rectum more than say 5-MeO freebase dissolved in water with some citric acid?

The oxalate is plugged after being stirred in water and then sucked up into a syringe.