CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Stir? Shake? Mix? Roll? Best way to collect in NPS? Options

Mr Anderson
#1 Posted : 10/11/2018 2:16:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

I have been extracting for almost a Year now, always using Cybs with varied results and am wondering, What is the best method to catch as much spice as possible in my Nap? Sometimes I have used the EXACT same methods and ended up with pure white Crystals and other times I have pulled Lemon Yellow crystals despite no change in temperature or stirring strength. I am wondering, does the Spice float all around the base mix? or does it float to the top? should I be stirring slowly for Whiter product? Ommiting heat baths? shaking the vessel like fk to ensure as much of the nap touches the base mix? I'm currently using 16" inch stainless steel salad tongs to stir 50-75mg of nap into 100g extracts. I stir slowly sometimes and then think to myself 'I should be stirring this harder to create a Whirlpool effect' I am being advised not to use heat baths and gently stir by some, but the words 'Heated pulls draw more product' are always on my mind and I seem to have the belief that stirring vigorously will catch more of the Magic. I'm about to embark on another extract so any tips please? TIA.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

fidus-archimedes
#2 Posted : 10/11/2018 7:50:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have no direct experience, but I've read that aggressive shaking can result in an emulsion that will make it very difficult to separate your NPS. That's why you can aggressively shake your acid treatment, but can't shake your NPS pull.

I am still prepping for my first extraction attempt, so again, I can't speak to actual experience.

SeekingPelican
#3 Posted : 10/12/2018 12:09:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Speaking to what fidus said, I gave one of my naptha / STB MHRB jars a mighty shake once and it made an emulsion that took a good two days to settle out. However, that jar gave me the best yield I've yet achieved: 1.96% in total. Could simply have been the bark, but maybe making that emulsion gave me a yield pop.

Gojoe
#4 Posted : 10/12/2018 10:56:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know if anyone can corroborate this but I've noticed if shaken heavily when Amy A/B solution is warm resulted in heavy emulsion whereas future pulls after cooled were fine when vigorously shaken.

Mr Anderson
#5 Posted : 10/12/2018 11:30:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SeekingPelican wrote:
Speaking to what fidus said, I gave one of my naptha / STB MHRB jars a mighty shake once and it made an emulsion that took a good two days to settle out. However, that jar gave me the best yield I've yet achieved: 1.96% in total. Could simply have been the bark, but maybe making that emulsion gave me a yield pop.

I've only ever had one emulsion and that was easily rectified by backsalting and adding more lye. I'm trying to find out if the Spice floats to the top of the base mix or if the nap has to travel right through the entire mix to catch as much as possible?