We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
How is your work? Options

Citta
#1 Posted : 12/5/2009 3:22:51 PM

Skepdick

So, there is a lot of interesting individuals here on the nexus, so I would like to take the freedom to ask a few questions inspired by a thread on a norwegian forum I am a member of:

* What kind of work do you do?
* How is your average day at work?
* What is your tasks and what do you do in this line of work (describe a bit)
* Are you happy with your work?
* If you are studying, what kind of education is this?

This is personal questions I know, and I totally understand if someone doesn't want to share such information in fear of being identified or something. But to those who wants to share, it would be nice to see what us folks do on an everyday basis. I mean, we discuss so much, share so much, but yet we know so little of each other. Not that it matters all that much, but I thought it would be fun to get a little bit of insight into what the different people in here do for a living at this period in their lives.

Peace

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

soulfood
#2 Posted : 12/5/2009 3:39:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I'm unemployed Smile

no special skills... that was a short conversation. I look for work lots though Smile Does that count?

Bancopuma
#3 Posted : 12/5/2009 3:44:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well I am currently very very swamped with uni work...in fact I really shouldn't even be on here...am halfway through my third and final undergrad year in BSc Physical geography and it is intense, and will be unrelenting and full time now till the end. Also I've kinda set up a business with my mum based around honey and bee related products imported from Transylvania, Romania. Right now that is a bit on hold though...

soulman
#4 Posted : 12/5/2009 3:44:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I work for a Health and Safety and environmental consultancy place.

Dull

I write COSHH assessments, which are risk assessments for people who work with hazadrous substances. They tell what they are using and how they are using it, I look at what is in the product and advise on adequate control measures to protect against any hazards posed by the chemicals.

In reality though, i spend alot of time on here and looking for other jobs!!

NO. It sucks ALOT of ass. My background is in science, but this job seems more concerend with legislation this and regulations that. I have no idea how i found myself in this position.

I recently applied to do a MSc in occupational therapy but didnt get on the course. This means I will either have to wait another year or find another job. Can anyone offer me a job please?

Thankyou for your time
You have to go within or you go without

breakMYhead
#5 Posted : 12/5/2009 3:56:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As i'm at work my i'll answer, but I can't be too specific.

I'm a trained observer. I make comparisons and give my opinion. My employer is ultimately whoever is in guv'nor-ment. Rolling eyes

My job is okay, but sometimes can bore me to tears. The incompetence of local management infuriates me. But sometimes my job can be satisfying.

I'm shall hopefully soon be qualified as as an expert witness in my field, but ultimately i'd like to do something else...
i post on behalf of a good friend.

antrocles
#6 Posted : 12/5/2009 4:00:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Citta wrote:
So, there is a lot of interesting individuals here on the nexus, so I would like to take the freedom to ask a few questions inspired by a thread on a norwegian forum I am a member of:

professional athlete and coach

i love what i do

coach other upcoming juniors and elite level athletes to reach new levels in our particular sport

i LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE what i do! i am so blessed, it's ridiculous!!

ALWAYS studying and learning. have a degree from U.C. Berkeley in kinesiology and sports medicine.

Pleased

L&G!!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

soulman
#7 Posted : 12/5/2009 4:06:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

antrocles wrote:
Citta wrote:

professional athlete and coach

i love what i do

coach other upcoming juniors and elite level athletes to reach new levels in our particular sport

i LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE what i do! i am so blessed, it's ridiculous!!

ALWAYS studying and learning. have a degree from U.C. Berkeley in kinesiology and sports medicine.

Pleased

L&G!!

Thats awesome man.
Im a little jealous, but happy for you that you have found a job you love.
I am hoping to find my path soon.
You have to go within or you go without

VisualDistortion
#8 Posted : 12/6/2009 9:43:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Unemployed at the moment, but I'm gonna get my job back soon. I make things that make things that kill things. Rather morbid, but its all really for purposes of hunting.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

balaganist
#9 Posted : 12/6/2009 10:00:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I work as a Web Developer, freelance working from home at the moment. I also produce music and do live laptop sets + dj, but this does not bring nearly enough income to count as 'work'.

Average day atm... get up, check emails, have breakfast, do some coding, talk to client, try and get some fresh air before it gets dark!!
The advantage with working from home is I can take little breaks to check the nexus and do extractions Pleased

Am I happy with it ... not really. I have been looking at other options, working with people, doing local youth work... its been building up for a while but I really need a change. I have been in purely technical jobs for many years now. I feel I am wasting a part of myself, as I know I am good with people. I will have to retrain / do some volunteer work, but I am prepared for that.
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

TruePsychonaut
#10 Posted : 12/6/2009 10:37:13 AM

Andy

Airport Security ( Uk LHR )

Not exactly exciting.Its mundane and repetitive.

It entails searching staff,access control,ID verification,monitoring passenger boarding and checking boarding cards,dealing with unruly/drunk/abusive passengers,reporting problems...the list goes on but you get the drift.

Am i happy with it ?? I have been in this line of work for nearly 14 years.The job has various merits.The interaction with passengers and the camaraderie with my colleagues.Having met presidents like Clinton,heads of state,celebs and movie stars.Altho that can be a blessing or a curse.
But the system is flawed and antiquated.I no longer like the way people are herded like cattle into what is just a super sized supermarket.It should be relaxing and enjoyed but its far from it.People are mis-informed,mis-directed and often treated with disdain.Its disheartening to see many people left confused because some staff just won't give a little time to offer some helpful advice.

Depending on plans,i'm looking forward to leaving in the next month or two.
T'Psych

"Love is life.All,everything that I understand,I understand only because I love."

gammagore
#11 Posted : 12/6/2009 11:34:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

TruePsychonaut wrote:
Airport Security ( Uk LHR )

Not exactly exciting.Its mundane and repetitive.

It entails searching staff,access control,ID verification,monitoring passenger boarding and checking boarding cards,dealing with unruly/drunk/abusive passengers,reporting problems...the list goes on but you get the drift.

Am i happy with it ?? I have been in this line of work for nearly 14 years.The job has various merits.The interaction with passengers and the camaraderie with my colleagues.Having met presidents like Clinton,heads of state,celebs and movie stars.Altho that can be a blessing or a curse.
But the system is flawed and antiquated.I no longer like the way people are herded like cattle into what is just a super sized supermarket.It should be relaxing and enjoyed but its far from it.People are mis-informed,mis-directed and often treated with disdain.Its disheartening to see many people left confused because some staff just won't give a little time to offer some helpful advice.

Depending on plans,i'm looking forward to leaving in the next month or two.

I hear you man,

Im one of those staff that you search everytime we need to get to work. Airports have become pretty stressful places for people traveling, not enough information for foreiners.

This being said, im in the catering industry, feeding passengers before their flights.

I work shifts, mostly day and evening. I pretty much run a food outlet.

jamie
#12 Posted : 12/6/2009 5:22:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

my work sucks..i spent the summer power washing houses and cleaning roofs with my friend. We were working for ourselves..but now that it's winter theres not much work comming up..

Not working full time at all right now..helped a friend do some roofing for the company he works for but really I am so damn sick of construction and hard maual labour..I have had lots and los of different jobs over that last 6 years..from waffle maker to bridge construction to flood clean up..Gunna look for something different and less labourous for this winter and with some stability..

Also I am studying for a degree in natural/herbal medicine.

If I had it my way id move somewhere more remote and live more off the land and ocean, and work maybe 20 hours a week to have some $$. Hopefully someday I will. I was thinking about eventaull getting into computer programming so that maybe i could eventually work from home.

I also shape skimboards but dont make alot of money doing that..more just because I like doing it..but I am getting some boards together for a shop for this season comming up.
Long live the unwoke.

Dimitrius
#13 Posted : 12/6/2009 5:46:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Unemployed.

Body currently debilitated to the point of not being able to work, and therefore support myself. Mind is usually running on the thinnest thread of energy. Heart hurts often.

Currently living with mother and step-father while regenerating my health and finding a new way of life.

I help them with what I can. When they are not in good health, I administer the appropriate medicines based on the knowledge I have. I help do the dishes, wash the towels, feed the dogs, pick up in the yard behind the dogs, etc... I contribute a third mind when problems arise, which they have often.

I would like to be free. Free to run like the wind, free to create art that opens peoples mind and inspires their heart, free to be...whatever.

"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

Methtical
#14 Posted : 12/6/2009 6:08:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Work as a research scientist in immunodiagnostics, mainly centered around protein purification for the purpose of developing antibodies for the detection of numerous diseases, mostly of an immunity-related nature.

Been there almost 4 years, have a BSc in pharmaceutical science and am currently undertaking an MSc in clinical biochemistry.

My job is ok but can be repetitive (then again, that's the nature of science), the money isn't amazing but it could be worse. My dream is to work as a biomed scientist in a hospital performing tests on patient
samples, I feel this would be more rewarding and the prospects are
endless, slowly working my way there.

It's been a long time since I focussed my mind on organic chemistry and pharmacology related subjects, but the nexus has had me revisiting old notes and concepts and made me remember how much I enjoy learning about these topics.

Methtical

jamie
#15 Posted : 12/6/2009 7:44:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"I would also like to build a temple for the Entheogen Way and get us protected by organising"

Very happy That is so cool!Very happy
Long live the unwoke.

'Coatl
#16 Posted : 12/6/2009 8:02:06 PM

Teotzlcoatl

If your interested in that then check out this link-

http://forums.ayahuasca....ostorder=asc&start=0
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

idtravlr
#17 Posted : 12/7/2009 5:51:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

* What kind of work do you do? Professional TV Personality. Promoter and Sportscaster for the UFC organization.
Laughing Hahaha! Totally kidding, but you just gotta wonder if ol' Joe "The DMT Pimp" Rogan is ever on this forum.

Anyway, I'm just a lowly Software Engineer that's currently unemployed and trying to find a truly meaningful line of work.

Peace!
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

Czepa
#18 Posted : 12/7/2009 1:19:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

* What kind of work do you do? Im a boilermaker apprentice
* How is your average day at work? Challenging, physically demanding and stressful
* What is your tasks and what do you do in this line of work (describe a bit) I cut/heat/bend and weld metal to make new things/repair fixed and mobile plant equiptment
* Are you happy with your work? yes, because i like the profession. but No because of the situation of having arrogant supervision and an apprentice representative that does nothing
* If you are studying, what kind of education is this? Life
Sir Terrence McKenna: "and what is real: is you, and your friends, and your associations, your highs, your orgasms your hopes your plans your fears... and were told. no. we're unimportant, we're peripherial. get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that. and then your a player, (but) you dont even want to play that game? (well) you want to re-claim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers: who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash thats being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world. ¿where is that at?"

"But now technology throws a curve. and the curve is that we live so long, that we figure out what a scam this is. we figure out that what your supposed to work for isn't worth having, we figure out that our politicians are buffoons, we figure out that professional scientists are reputation building gravitating weasels. we discover that all organizations are corrupted by ambition. we figure. it. out... and as you come to see that you are alienated you realise that culture is not your friend."

D_Juggz
#19 Posted : 12/7/2009 2:26:20 PM

Dr Do Little

What a waste, SWIM could put all of you to much better use if we could somehow get everyone together in a certain location like, say, Mexico or Peru. Start up a lab that produces DMT in large amounts. Then start up an export business. SWIM will employ everyone from the Nexus who is unemployed or doesn't enjoy their job. Very happy

The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.
-Confucius

"Under the skin of our lives; somewhere deep and early, forgotten, we all share the same dreams"

TruePsychonaut
#20 Posted : 12/8/2009 11:29:05 AM

Andy

D_Juggz wrote:
What a waste, SWIM could put all of you to much better use if we could somehow get everyone together in a certain location like, say, Mexico or Peru. Start up a lab that produces DMT in large amounts. Then start up an export business. SWIM will employ everyone from the Nexus who is unemployed or doesn't enjoy their job. Very happy

ps: Swim is a professional who works in hospitals - you can work it out from there.

Mexico or Peru would sound pretty good round about now Smile
T'Psych

"Love is life.All,everything that I understand,I understand only because I love."

12NEXT