We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
toxins (like the ones in yopo?) Options

polytrip
#1 Posted : 12/4/2009 10:21:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I think that one element that might be responsible for the differences between various types of shrooms, besides variations between psilocin, psilocybin,baeocystin and norbaeocystin, is the possible presence of toxins.

This might also explain why some people have extremely unpleasant experiences with a combination of shrooms and MAOI's and while others find them to combine well.

Burnt already posted a link (shrooms and rue) about the presence of phenethylamine in p.semilanceata (this would explain the special effects of this type of shroom, like euphoria and energy very well btw.)

But phenethylamine isn't toxic and although it's probably not the 'magic compound' in chocolate that makes people fall in love, i would expect no unpleasant effects from it.

Could there, given the simmilarities between psilocin and bufotenin, be toxins in shrooms that are simmilar to the toxins in yopo and vilca?

I have noticed that there are shrooms that can cause nausea and shrooms that don't, shrooms that can cause extreme vasoconstriction and shrooms that cause far less vasoconstriction in relation to psychedelic effects, shrooms that cause bronchoconstriction and shrooms that don't and shrooms that give 5-MeO-DMT like 'whirling' visual distortions and shrooms that do this to a far lesser extent, shrooms that cause uncomfortable feelings in the stomach and shrooms that don't do this and finally, shrooms that give a strange metalic feeling that's hard to describe and shrooms that don't.

So i expect there to be some toxin or mixture of toxins that are not present in all types of shrooms, that cause: extreme vasoconstriction, bronchoconstriction, unpleasant feelings in the stomach, visual distortions and naussea.

P.cyanescens must be the shroom with the lowest amount of these toxins, maybe even zero.
p.azurescens has probably a very low content as well.
P.cubensis probably has a content that varies.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

jamie
#2 Posted : 12/4/2009 10:47:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I have noticed a wide range of physical effects among them as well..I thought for a long time it must be differnt things the grower is using..but yeah differnt chemical makeups make sense..what about things like baeocystin(sp?)..?

I know what you mean about the bronchial constriction..

and yes for a long time I was getting cyanescenes and they were so damn strong and very clear..my favorite for sure.
Long live the unwoke.

polytrip
#3 Posted : 12/5/2009 7:42:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I don't think that baeocystin is responsible for some of the physical effects described, although i've read one report from someone who said that he found shrooms high in baeocystin more unpleasant. But i thought he meant unpleasantness from mindfuck-effects and not physical effects.

I know that shrooms are often high in other tryptamines. Some contain pure DMT, besides the DMT-derivates.
Many of the toxins in yopo and vilca are tryptamines as well.

The fact that some people clain that old shrooms are more unpleasant in physical effects, then fresh ones may point at some oxidated compound.

69ron sayd that in vilca, bufotenin-n-oxide is probably one of the main toxins.
Could there be a simmilar psilocin-oxide naturally present in some shrooms and building up in presence in old ones?

Many of the toxic effects that some shrooms lack and some shrooms have, seem to be like the effects of those yopo/vilca toxins.

especially the naussea and visual distortion.

soulfood
#4 Posted : 12/5/2009 7:48:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

It's hard to say.

I get a completely different kind of nausea from mushrooms than when I ...attempted to eat some cebil. With mushrooms I seem to get more of a stomach cramp than nausea. Like I really want to be sick but can't be. With cebil it's like I really to want to be sick but it's coming if I like it or not.

I've certainly had some nasty side effects from mushrooms that when fresh were as clean as, but probably after not being ideally treated were a fingers down throat operation.

'Coatl
#5 Posted : 12/5/2009 8:22:32 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Look at my posts on the Shroomery (they're terrible but you may get something out of it).

I talk about "other" mushrooms that contain "other" compounds as your suggesting.

I believe trace compounds have a HUGE effect on the experience of any entheogen and people really, vastly under estimate this (tho I'm sure some of you have figured it out by working with Trichocereus cacti).
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

kemist
#6 Posted : 12/5/2009 8:53:48 PM

John

polytrip wrote:

I know that shrooms are often high in other tryptamines. Some contain pure DMT, besides the DMT-derivates.

Interesting. ILPT had some (just lil bit) psilocybe atlantis truffles and seen things more bright and shiny , just like after smoking lil spice. They were very unlike cubensis. High dose need to be tested though. He was thinking to combine them with some spice, but there is apparently no need, lol
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

69ron
#7 Posted : 12/6/2009 1:25:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have to agree with most of the post above. SWIM finds P. cyanescens to be the least toxic feeing of all the mushrooms. It's also the most LSD-like of all the mushrooms. SWIM had pure psilocin many years ago (made from synthetic psilocybin) and found the effects of psilocin to be nearly identical to the effects of P. cyanescens. For that reason, I believe the major effects you get from P. cyanescens are from psilocin. Psilocybin is not as nice as psilocin. It feels more toxic, at least that's how it is for SWIM. Maybe psilocybin N-oxide is present in some mushrooms and this is causing the more toxic effects some of these mushrooms have? Is psilocybin N-oxide or psilocin N-oxide even possible?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

jamie
#8 Posted : 12/6/2009 3:05:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

the side effects spoke of above in reguards to mushrooms I find are completely different from those experienced with vilca seeds... For me the trips can be very similar but the side effects of vilca at the start arent really found in other entheogens I have tried..except with morning glories and HBWR..but still not the same..the LSA seed side-effects were similar but felt much more damaging..enough so that it put me off of LSA seeds..
Long live the unwoke.