We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Old acidic soup Options

Camponotus
#1 Posted : 10/2/2018 4:05:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey folks,

I am vaguely reminiscent of a scenario in one of the forums online, where some user was begging for help bc he had no success with his extraction(s)...
This person claimed in his OP that he had some of the initial acidic soup left, which he was storing for 4 or 5 months since then...

One guy replied to it with something like : "Go look after the acidic soup you got left, I bet there is floating some white stuff on the top of the soup"

So I got some "old" chali soup (ph:2,5-3, Citric acid, filtered, about half a gallon,no pull) left and there is floating some odd "white" stuff on the top!

Is it possible for DMT (citrate) to crash out of the acidic soup?

Wut? Embarrased
It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish. - J.R.R. Tolkien

How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it. - Alexander Shulgin

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 10/2/2018 9:54:20 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

It seems very unlikely that a highly soluble DMT salt will crystallise on the surface of the soup.

My short list of candidates would be mould, bacteria, yeast, or/and less soluble mineral salts, and fats.

Freebase DMT, however, will float to the surface of old, based MHRB soup, especially after it has been pulled with naphtha and left for a couple of months. The naphtha that was trapped in the soup after the pulls were removed will slowly float to the surface, where it can evaporate and leave behind solid DMT.

So it's possible that the case to which you're referring got confused about acidic and basic soup.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Camponotus
#3 Posted : 10/4/2018 8:15:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
It seems very unlikely that a highly soluble DMT salt will crystallise on the surface of the soup.

My short list of candidates would be mould, bacteria, yeast, or/and less soluble mineral salts, and fats.

Freebase DMT, however, will float to the surface of old, based MHRB soup, especially after it has been pulled with naphtha and left for a couple of months. The naphtha that was trapped in the soup after the pulls were removed will slowly float to the surface, where it can evaporate and leave behind solid DMT.

So it's possible that the case to which you're referring got confused about acidic and basic soup.

You're probably right!

Yeah it looks like some solidified fats and/or proteins... should I discard it ? Confused Sad what do you think?

Thank you! Very happy

How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it. - Alexander Shulgin

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 10/5/2018 9:44:49 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I wouldn't throw it away until I'd had a proper good look at it. The simplest thing would be to mix a sample of it with some sodium carbonate and water and boil it on a spoon. If it smells of DMT, keep it.

If this is unextracted soup, and it hasn't gone mouldy, you'll surely want to continue the process, with or without the white scum depending on the results of the test.

(Slightly more reliable than a smell test might be a chemical spot test like Marquis, Mecke , and/or Mandelin.)

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

Jagube
#5 Posted : 10/6/2018 7:04:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

At pH 2.5 - 3 it's unlikely to be mould.

I have a 1.5 year old batch of Chaliponga tea, still as good as ever and no white stuff floating of any kind. The pH is probably between 4.5 - 5.5.

Camponotus
#6 Posted : 10/6/2018 7:44:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks to you both!
That's kind of confusing! I'm quite sure it's no mold because it has a different look but there are probably hundreds and thousands of mould species Big grin

So to make my question complete I attached a pic of the soup! And proceed with it like usual after further storing and moulding Very happy I don't know Neutral

I am going to check the pH when I'll open it again!

Camponotus attached the following image(s):
224.jpg (211kb) downloaded 70 time(s).
4442.jpg (185kb) downloaded 71 time(s).

Fractalus
#7 Posted : 10/7/2018 5:46:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quick search in google said that downwardsfromzer is probebly right
http://science.answers.c...old_grow_on_an_acid_base

the thing you can do to test it will be re a/b and if its spice so it should crystalized at least that is what swim think, he maybe wrong

Camponotus: the soup was in fridge or in room temp?
though the minds may be different, the body forms may be different
it is through the heart that we recognize our spirits are one.

everything im writing is a complete fiction and it is only a reflection of my imagination.

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 10/7/2018 11:24:14 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Mould tends to be inhibited be acetic acid, citric acid less so. Even with the pictures it's hard to say what the material is without meeting it in person, which is basically out of the question. And I've seen stuff like that growing on sour wine, so who knows?

If you've got more plant material to play with, it's probably best to start a new extraction. I can entirely understand the desire to avoid throwing this away, so - with all said and done - it's up to your judgement. It would be sad to throw away Chali soup, unless you've got a plant or two growing nearby.