We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Post: Is TOR 8.0 broken and insecure? by Elrik - Some info I want to share Options

Rainner
#1 Posted : 10/1/2018 5:48:54 PM

Stay completely Open and Fluid if you wan't to evolve.... Nothing is static

Greetings fellow travelers!

I am pleased to find a place to post. Not being a full member yet I was unable to post this reply in another area where it belonged. Maybe a mod can move it? Smile

This information is for a post labeled: Is TOR 8.0 broken and insecure?

Reading this post from 'Elrik' I had run into similarities and wanted to share what I found.

When I personally upgraded to TOR 8x I had a couple of the same issues that others here had so I wanted to share what I found.

1. The Default settings have changed. So if your use to 'Out of the Box' default settings to work the same as in previous version, they don't. It may appear No-Script is not working do to the fact Java is NOT automatically disabled in Default mode out of the box. Please reference: https://www.torproject.o....en#TBBJavaScriptEnabled

2. For Dreamer042: who posted
Quote:
I notice my little onion icon option to trace my connection route and create a new route is gone...
I had the same concern. If you look to the right of where this Icon was, to the address bar you will notice the first thing in this bar will be the letter 'i' in a circle. This is the new link for the process you are mentioning.

Personal Note:
As with anything else, Knowledge is best when researched for yourself. Anyone serious about there Security who use Tor should Always read the New Release notes on updates and versions they run and watch the progression of the Tor Project here.

Also Never run 'Out of the Box' settings or think your settings will carry over with updates. Bugs happen, it's part of progression and learning while they code as in anything else.

Hope this little bit helps

-Rainner
As we awaken we understand we are the creators of our own reality... Everything happens for a reason.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

dreamer042
#2 Posted : 10/1/2018 7:12:49 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Oh I don't know how I missed that. Thanks so much! I'm now 100% fully satisfied with my tor again. Thumbs up
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Rainner
#3 Posted : 10/3/2018 3:16:00 PM

Stay completely Open and Fluid if you wan't to evolve.... Nothing is static

Update on Tor 8.0.2 not blocking scripts Still not fixed

I should have posted this yesterday when I was alerted, sorry about that!

This is an excerpt taken from the Post 'Known Issues' from NEW RELEASE: Tor Browser 8.0.2
Quote:
NoScript is not saving per-site permissions anymore. We have a potential patch for this bug in our 8.5a2 release as well and plan to backport it, too, in the next stable release in case no issues with it are found...

Although 8.5a2 was released, it was not without bugs for window users. Excerpt taken from NEW RELEASE: Tor Browser 8.5a2
Quote:
Update: there is some issue with the Windows version of Tor Browser 8.5a2. We have disabled the update to 8.5a2 for Windows users until that issue is fixed.

So hopefully any day, window users should see this fix and the auto-update for windows will be re-enabled.

As we awaken we understand we are the creators of our own reality... Everything happens for a reason.