We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Question about food safe extraction.. Options

Running Bear
#1 Posted : 9/27/2018 10:05:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I followed the food safe mescaline extraction tek found on the nexus. The one that teaches you how to get HCl from cactus using d-limonene. I did one pull and I noticed that the water was completely clear so I assumed that I didn't get anything. I walked away from it for a couple weeks and this morning I noticed I ended up with brown water. Did I get Mescaline and not even know about it Laughing? How could clear water turn into brown water? I guess I should do some more pulls Smile?
Running Bear attached the following image(s):
20180927_082454.jpg (1,345kb) downloaded 47 time(s).

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 9/27/2018 11:34:59 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Mescaline (and a large number of other alkaloids) being colourless and all, it is entirely possible to have a colourless solution with alkaloids present. Oxidation of colourless organic compounds to form brown gunk is a very well established phenomenon in, well, not only chemistry but everyday life as well.

More pulls would seem like the right thing to do at this stage.

If anything this illustrates the adage, "Don't throw anything away until you know where the goods are."

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Chaska
#3 Posted : 10/5/2018 8:16:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i think your pull was too acidic, cuz your water is black, should be gold/red if you titrated right, regardless you nabbed something but a month of it sitting in HCl may leave it weaker than usual, clean w dry tone, wash that w dry ipa, see whats left

btw hardware store hcl is not foodsafe, vinegar however is, and cant hurt you if you eat a lil extra
grow plants, make tea, love life