We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
GOO extracting from MHRB HELPP!!! Options

fedecorral
#1 Posted : 9/22/2018 9:52:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

hello friends. ok this is the thing is my first time extracting from MHRB and after getting out of the freezer, i collected all the "crystals" and put them in a plate to let them dry, but now i have a goo, brown goo and dotn know what to do cause in the tek i use suposedly after the freezer i collect it all adn thats it ready to re-x.
so thi is what i did,

1. ionized water 700ml
2. add 100gm od NAOH ( i did everythign with safety googles adn covered and gloves"
3. after some time waiting to recover temperature, i added the MHRB. adn mix it for some time.
4. left it for 24 hours and meanwhile during those 24hours I mix it softly.
5. i added the nafta, 150ml ( the famous lighter brand nafta tht starts with a letter "Z"
6. i mix for 20 minutes and leave it for 24 hours, in that period of 24 hour i constantly mix very gently.

7, with a pipette i extract the yellow top layer completle adn pu it in the crystal pyrex to get it into freezer

8. after 4 hourse i went to see how everythgn was goign adn i was so hapy cause i saw alot of crystals, so i left it overnight,

9. at morning took the pyrex out, put the nafta in a glass jar,

10. the pyrex with the crystals i let if get a little more to normal temeprature.
11. with a blade i started to try to collect the crystals but there is when the trouble started cause a yellow/brown goo started to get out aswell.
12. i put the goo in a plate thinking when it will dry the goo will disappear and the dmt crystals will stay , but no and i am at that part adn i dont know what to do, i hvae read alot and some people say to re-x, but i am not sure, and the thing is that as i undestood for re-x i would need heptane, adn i can not find heptane nearby, and i also read i can re-x with nafta, but at this point is more the insecurities than what to do.

so if anyone PLEASE can help me and tell me what to do woudl be amazing THANKS

P.S. i am new i dont knwo if i posted in the right place, if not please excuse me, i want to attac soem pics but i dotn know how
fedecorral attached the following image(s):
2018-09-22 goo.png (1,129kb) downloaded 143 time(s).
2018-09-22 crystals.png (1,121kb) downloaded 144 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

wad
#2 Posted : 9/22/2018 10:34:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Just smoke it.

fedecorral
#3 Posted : 9/22/2018 10:50:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

wad wrote:
Just smoke it.

still smells little nafta

LittleMoro
#4 Posted : 9/23/2018 12:11:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Fiarly new here,
The yellow could have some impurities or some plant fat or oils,could also be goodies in there but with some fats though could depend on what tek was applied

If did get some basified material the smallest amount a would have wanted those impurities out that could be a reason why there may be a small indication of brown could be harsh

When in the freezer did a evap. to a smaller volume condensing the goodies allowing more to be extracted or did just place in freezer ?
a should probably do a wash to remove inpurities then evap and collect goodies

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 9/23/2018 12:33:34 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

This question has been asked multiple times already.

Just look at the thread titled "..Enough GOO questions! read this.."

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

1word
#6 Posted : 9/23/2018 4:20:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

You can try something I have had some luck with, called backsalting, this works if you did something like a mini A/B tek. You would be starting at the point that says "CLEAN UP STEPS". but best to read the whole tek so you can understand exactly the whole process. The first part of the tek is like any other mini A/B but after you've done with all your pulls, you're gonna take your saturated naps and throw them back into some new acidic water swirl it around so what's happening now is your transferring the DMT from the saturated naps back into acidic water. When you do that you will be leaving behind alot of the plant fats and other unwanted goo with the now unsaturated naps. when you're done swirling and you let settle you can clearly see a layer of fatty crap floating between the water and the nap layers. siphon the nap and the fatty layer and toss. and basically start over, add lye, water(dmt will come crashing out) and mix. finally fresh nap and do your pulling again. this time you should have much less goo.

Here is the link to the whole tek. Good luck, post pics

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=58064

fedecorral
#7 Posted : 9/25/2018 6:15:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

LittleMoro wrote:
Fiarly new here,
The yellow could have some impurities or some plant fat or oils,could also be goodies in there but with some fats though could depend on what tek was applied

If did get some basified material the smallest amount a would have wanted those impurities out that could be a reason why there may be a small indication of brown could be harsh

When in the freezer did a evap. to a smaller volume condensing the goodies allowing more to be extracted or did just place in freezer ?
a should probably do a wash to remove inpurities then evap and collect goodies

Hello friend thanks for asking and recomendation, i did just put in freezer,

you recomend me to do a wash to remove inpurities then evap and collect, how could i do a wash, i tried to find heptane here but imposible, but workers at chemestry shop told me i coudl use "varsol" ofcourse i did not told him what exactly was it for, i juts ask him what similar product was to heptane. also i tried to smoke the goo as people recomended me here but was not possible HELP

fedecorral
#8 Posted : 10/17/2018 9:38:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

1word wrote:
Hello friends thanks you told me exactly how to save my dmt from that goo, i mean i tried to smoke a little goo but did not work, dont know if it was cause to must "dust" mixed with dmt or so. THANKS i have another question, i want to make another whole pull but is this salt in this tek must not be ionzed, adn is difficult tofind here, so i wonder if i can use sea salt thanks for your answer

You can try something I have had some luck with, called backsalting, this works if you did something like a mini A/B tek. You would be starting at the point that says "CLEAN UP STEPS". but best to read the whole tek so you can understand exactly the whole process. The first part of the tek is like any other mini A/B but after you've done with all your pulls, you're gonna take your saturated naps and throw them back into some new acidic water swirl it around so what's happening now is your transferring the DMT from the saturated naps back into acidic water. When you do that you will be leaving behind alot of the plant fats and other unwanted goo with the now unsaturated naps. when you're done swirling and you let settle you can clearly see a layer of fatty crap floating between the water and the nap layers. siphon the nap and the fatty layer and toss. and basically start over, add lye, water(dmt will come crashing out) and mix. finally fresh nap and do your pulling again. this time you should have much less goo.

Here is the link to the whole tek. Good luck, post pics

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=58064

downwardsfromzero
#9 Posted : 10/17/2018 9:50:28 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

fedecorral wrote:
i want to make another whole pull but is this salt in this tek must not be ionzed, adn is difficult tofind here, so i wonder if i can use sea salt

In order to avoid ionized iodized salt, it's best to go for Kosher rock salt as that tends to be purer. That's more important for Manske precipitation during a harmala extraction, so I wouldn't worry too much if you really can't find additive-free rock salt.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

auxiliarus
#10 Posted : 10/19/2018 4:45:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

You said it still smells like naptha, the naptha is probably not fully evaporated yet. Did you test the naptha for any rest after evap?