We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
No longer getting visuals Options

KateAdam
#1 Posted : 9/15/2018 9:39:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I dont know whats happened to my experiences, there once was an awesome time where I was finding myself in all sorts of new places and worlds with vivid colours and enlightening experiences. For a while now though, I do not get anything, I know I've had a powerful experience but I no longer have anything thats consigned to memory, I am no longer in awe of what I am seeing or experiencing. As much as I hate to say this its almost a case of nothing.

In terms of dosage, its the same as I have always done, I've never weighed it out but I know what amount I need.

Does anyone know whats happening?

Please help if anyone can Sad

Kate xx

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 9/15/2018 10:20:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pete666
#3 Posted : 9/15/2018 10:30:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If I overshoot, I don't remember much of the experience when I come back. I just feel/know it was very strong experience, but I can't say why. The experience just seems to be empty, when trying to use my memory.
Try lowering the dose to let's say 2/3 or 1/2.
Acceptance of the fact that our reality is not real doesn't in fact mean it is not real. It just leads to better understanding what real means.

KateAdam
#4 Posted : 9/16/2018 9:05:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider
#5 Posted : 9/16/2018 11:34:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think it is possible that excessive use of DMT desensitizes your receptors for the molecule. It is generally a good thing in these cases to take a break from DMT and any other psychedelic.

Another thing: antidepressants and MAOI's may dull the effects of psychedelics. This is realy dependant on your personal metabolism and biochemistry. Some people rapport that MAOI's intensify their experiences while others find the exact opposite to be the case. I think that excessive use of cannabis may also have a negative impact. Salvia can do this too, even in very moderate amounts. This again, depends on your personal biochemistry. Salvia triggers a very complex mechanism that downregulates dopaminergic activity, and some people are more sensitive to this than others.

The number one thing to get your biochemistry fully up and running again, and to reset your receptors, apart from taking a break from psycho-active chemicals, is physical activity in the open air.

Jees
#6 Posted : 9/16/2018 4:09:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&m=895612

I remember the screaaaaaaming hyperspace launching sounds, it's been years since I heard those. The sounds were the first thing to die completely on me for now, no abuse whatsoever.

ShamensStamen
#7 Posted : 9/16/2018 7:22:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I wonder why people have this issue with smoked/vaped DMT but not orally. I took oral DMT/Aya daily/near daily for 4 years and then occasionally for another year until my break, never lost the magic or any effects, always had experiences, always got tapped back in, though i don't tend to get closed eyed visuals from Psychedelics, even from the get go, only had a precognitive vision so far which was as clear as day, but all the effects have been there.

Jees
#8 Posted : 9/17/2018 2:02:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ShamensStamen wrote:
... but all the effects have been there.
Great to hear.
For pharma/oral in my case the visual experiences changed, but I must admit that my conduct of the session, especially in my head and mind, has also changed as part of personal change.

I got more on top of the experiences over the years and in a same rate the visuals fainted, even the purple hue notched back. Coincidence?

Don't get me wrong, I still feel tapped in alright but it's much more a calm serenity overcasting it all, like just being there is enough and feel no crave for anything dingdong.

This personal change feat I find it back in 'real life' too when being with people, at work, at the store, with family, often the feel to be connected is strong and replace talkative parts and other mere demonstrable outings. For myself I'm not surprised to find such feats back in my sessions.