We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
IDENTIFICATION INFO Options

GodsCreat0r
#1 Posted : 12/3/2009 9:09:50 PM

SWIM

Hello i just ordered 2 boxes of 5 cactus each and i got some free gifts , the free gifts are plants and seeds .
Some of the plants i have no idea what kind they are and i have no idea how to grow them.

If you can help me find these plants names , origins , species , cultivation , history , uses , info , that be verry nice.

Thank you.
GodsCreat0r attached the following image(s):
Picture 008.jpg (31kb) downloaded 106 time(s).
Picture 011.jpg (38kb) downloaded 106 time(s).
Picture 013.jpg (38kb) downloaded 108 time(s).
Picture 010.jpg (30kb) downloaded 105 time(s).
Picture 009.jpg (32kb) downloaded 107 time(s).

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

GodsCreat0r
#2 Posted : 12/3/2009 9:12:44 PM

SWIM

Here are the san pedro cactus pictures , maybe you guys can determine if these are the short spines variety.
GodsCreat0r attached the following image(s):
Picture 005.jpg (44kb) downloaded 103 time(s).
Picture 006.jpg (35kb) downloaded 103 time(s).

mattimus
#3 Posted : 12/4/2009 1:46:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There is a 'Cat' in the third picture
The above is quoted from www.google.com

Take responsibility for making your own life beautiful.

GodsCreat0r
#4 Posted : 12/4/2009 9:45:22 PM

SWIM

Ok so i think i found some answers if anyone besides me is interested.

Ok so the first picture i think is -Kalanchoe tomentosa - Panda Plant

The second picture I think is -Crassula falcata

The third picture im pretty sure of is -Prickly Pear Cactus

The forth picture i know what it is now they are -selenicereus grandiflorus

The fifth picture says its jungle cactus i think is -Orchid Cactus (Epiphyllum Ackermannii)

And the last 2 pictures well i think they are the short spines variety of san pedro.

If any1 has any info please add to it .
Thank you.

'Coatl
#5 Posted : 12/5/2009 7:47:34 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Good job with those IDs!

The 3rd pic is appears to be a variegated Opuntia.

The last pics of the "San Pedro" are just the standard "P.C." or predominant cultivar clone. Do NOT propagate that clone, dispose of them in one way or another Smile and get some other, good clones for cultivation!
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

GodsCreat0r
#6 Posted : 1/22/2010 5:00:32 PM

SWIM

Thanks for the reply coatl.

Im guessing variegated Opuntia is the strain of prickly pear you are reffering to ?
This i did not know so good info =D

As for the P.C. Pupps , i am going to keep them and grow them for identification purposes and for decoration.
I planted one of the pupps its been about 2-3 weeks now and my cat knocked it over when i picked it up for inspection and to replant there were no roots yet, Is this normal for it to take soo long for it to start rooting ?

'Coatl
#7 Posted : 1/22/2010 5:26:25 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Quote:
Im guessing variegated Opuntia is the strain of prickly pear you are reffering to ?

Right.

Quote:
As for the P.C. Pupps , i am going to keep them and grow them for identification purposes and for decoration.
I planted one of the pupps its been about 2-3 weeks now and my cat knocked it over when i picked it up for inspection and to replant there were no roots yet, Is this normal for it to take soo long for it to start rooting ?

Yes.

I root mine under a table in my grow room, sometimes they take all winter to root. Just let them sit.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb