We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is dmt a viable tool for self exploration? Options

Gojoe
#1 Posted : 9/10/2018 12:36:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's safe to say I'm a complicated individual. One who's looking for answers to how or why I operate the way I do. Without going into too many details let's just say I've been on the pharmaceutical rollercoaster most of my life. I need answers, I need guidance, I need to understand why I'm not happy in life and what it's going to take for me to change that.

Can dmt be a useful tool for self exploration? Can it help me better understand my self? My emotions? My reactions to certain stimuli? A lot of what I read here is about exploring the possibilities of reality. I've already seen it on salvia as a kid. Now I need some serious soul searching. Can dmt help me?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Running Bear
#2 Posted : 9/10/2018 3:31:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Only one way to find out Big grin! If you need to understand why you're not happy in life you would be better off seeking out a therapist. Deep down you know why you're not happy..

Gojoe
#3 Posted : 9/10/2018 3:51:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I knew this would be the first reply I'd get. Believe me when I say I've tried. Multiple times with multiple people. I don't think another human being can understand what's going on with me when I don't understand it myself.

DmnStr8
#4 Posted : 9/10/2018 4:54:35 AM

Come what may

Is DMT a viable tool for self exploration?

Yes... I very much think so. It certainly can show you a perspective that was once unseen. This kind of self exploration you are talking about starts long before you vape some DMT. I am sure you are already going through all the paces. Just take your time with it and learn what you can from the site and it's denizens.

I hope you find what you are looking for!
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

Jees
#5 Posted : 9/10/2018 10:03:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Gojoe,
Quote:
...One who's looking for answers...I need answers, I need guidance, I need to understand why...

This is a typical situation, I see my older self clearly i.e. placing 'solution' outside my personal limitations, it makes one feel handicapped toward happiness.

For most spicey people the answers are never answered literally once-and-for-all, or the offered answer(s) is too odd to give it an understanding place anyway, or spice pulls the knowledge on return, etc..

If you feel heavy because you don't know: what I propose is to make good friends and peace with the situation as long as not-knowing lasts which can be forever btw, with phases of alternating truths. This is where spice helped me, to stop being unhappy because I don't know, it cured me of the utter need of psychological/cognitive "fillers".

For the rest I am much buzzy trying to know, getting insights etc, but it has become a pleasant time coverage, the pressure and "high need" is out the door. Knowing has become an option, for myself I debunked my self-lie that I needed to know (it?) (all?) to be happy and functional.

You call yourself complicated and on meds and in-need. What that means in relation to spice usage is hard to say.

Wishing you well Thumbs up

Running Bear
#6 Posted : 9/10/2018 10:11:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No one is happy. We're all working jobs we hate and living in a damaged society. Life is suffering.. The only thing I was trying to tell you is that dmt isn't going to fix your problems or make you happy. For a example if you your over weight and working a bad job dmt isn't going to magically make that all go away. Dmt can help you except death, look at life from a different perspective, explore, help get over a drug addiction, things like that..

obliguhl
#7 Posted : 9/10/2018 10:42:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Now I need some serious soul searching. Can dmt help me?

I would look into more longer lasting psychedelics for that. Mushrooms, ayahuasca, LSD also depending on what you need. LSD for instance was very analytical while with mushrooms its more of a "soul searching".

Smoked freebase...i don't think so. To me it always was more about exploration and unloading of stuff.

Jees
#8 Posted : 9/10/2018 11:13:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
...Smoked freebase...i don't think so...
For (self) exploration I agree. I think a gentle dosed harmala rich changa might be workable too. And also a light pharma like 100mg FB rue harmala and 25 mg spice that give a long lasting head space.

Gojoe
#9 Posted : 9/10/2018 11:22:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I very much appreciate all the input. I'm going to give it a shot and see what I can come up with. I have considered mushrooms, as well, but that will require more research on growing. Swim is about ready to do his first dmt extraction at this time.

xss27
#10 Posted : 9/10/2018 7:11:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm going to say no. NN-DMT is like going from 0-60 in a second, it's an insane acceleration, a blast for sure, but I think you'd benefit more (if you're set on using a substance) with mushrooms or something milder and more prolonged that allows for careful self-analysis.

A light dose of mushrooms in nature on a nice warm day, where you can just lay back in the grass and see what presents itself over a few hours. DMT is just too rapid and intense for serious introspection. It'll certainly give you a new perspective for sure, but it's not going to sort your life out.. if anything it will pose more questions than it answers. In my opinion you should be grounded and stable before using DMT. Plus mushrooms or a light psychedelic can be useful for helping with emotionally tangled thought patterns and past history, especially with the right set and setting.

In the end though life is nothing but an ceaseless series of valleys and mountains, alternations between pleasure and pain. It is what drives us forward. Real happiness is the incorruptible and changeless background, which you can't get through psychedelics and requires a change of being too become what you already are Thumbs up

ShamensStamen
#11 Posted : 9/10/2018 8:01:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

^ oral DMT is far better than vaped, whether using Harmalas or Moclobemide.

Love appears
#12 Posted : 9/10/2018 8:30:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd say that for self xploration, lsd or muhsrooms will be better in my opinion. DMT FB(FreeBase) throws so far away from ordinary that there is not really the self to work with.

Teknoshamaani
#13 Posted : 9/10/2018 10:13:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Personally I think that freebase DMT is not very good for self exploration, because you don't even have enough time to think about yourself or your life choices. However, it can dramatically change your view of the world, because it is so much different than anything else in the world. For me, DMT showed that I really don't know about anything. It changed my little depressed "scientific" world view so that now I don't attach to any spesific belief system. Either good or bad.

For self exploration, I would recommend shrooms, LSD, or DMT in form of ayahuasca. Since they last longer, you have more time to think about yourself. With LSD and shrooms you can also adjust your set & setting to make your self exploration easier. For example, I've tripped few times in places where I used to live when I was child. That allowed me to remember my past better and I was able to process my childhood memories from an adults point of view. With freebase DMT, you wont have that possibility, because wherever you are, you will go to hyperspace.

ajlala
#14 Posted : 9/12/2018 3:29:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Gojoe wrote:
I very much appreciate all the input. I'm going to give it a shot and see what I can come up with. I have considered mushrooms, as well, but that will require more research on growing. Swim is about ready to do his first dmt extraction at this time.

If you want to improve yourself, have you tried taking a course of meditation?

As for psychedelics, DMT is the strongest there is. It might be a good idea to work your way up to it, starting with lower doses of LSD.

Kable
#15 Posted : 9/12/2018 4:19:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'll give another thumbs up for DMT and self exploration. Is it as good as shrooms or LSD, maybe, maybe not, but it's still good.

Since it's short acting you can do it more frequently, shrooms and LSD require more planning and tolerance is more of an issue.

For those that says DMT is too strong, you can take less. Not every trip has to be a breakthrough. Though a breakthrough IS pretty cool.

For those who say it's too short, once down you can go right back up.

Personally I get the bulk of my introspection after I come down anyway.

โ—‹
#16 Posted : 9/12/2018 6:12:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Gojoe wrote:

Can dmt be a useful tool for self exploration? Can it help me better understand my self? My emotions? My reactions to certain stimuli? A lot of what I read here is about exploring the possibilities of reality. I've already seen it on salvia as a kid. Now I need some serious soul searching. Can dmt help me?

I think it depends on what it is exactly that you're hoping to explore with the vaped/smoked route..

Self? maybe. It very well could be the Self that we're bombarded with when we get deep in there, that wouldn't surprise me if that were the case. Feels like a place more often than not, not to say that the Self couldn't be a place.

Help to understand your emotions and reactions to certain things? Ahh..I'm not so sure there. It could. A nice changa blend has more ability in this area possibly.

Moreso help you to understand how incredibly trivial your emotions and reactions are lol, and how much of a fleeting phenomena they are - relative to the experience. Not to say that your emotions and personal reactions to things don't matter, just saying that when that experience has you fully - that those things will not be of much if any importance. Big grin

You can certainly feel some incredible emotions, but ime they're not bound within the framework of polar opposites necessarily - happy/sad, angry/joyous, +/-, if anything the experience and what it can offer goes far beyond all this. It can certainly blast you through all that, with ease.

Turn upside down and inside out all those silly little ideas that we often have floating around our heads about ourselves, our reality.

null24
#17 Posted : 9/12/2018 3:01:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I've never found dmt to offer any "answers" of personal nature. I look at it as a substance that is associated with aspects of reality that lie outside of any memory or self-construct. In other words, nothing from it is mine.

It can be highly entertaining and may even provide some insight on a metaphysical or esoteric level-which can be highly beneficial for a person's spiritual life-IF they have a non-ideological world view.

It can also help destroy preconceptions and delusions along those same lines OR it can create stronger ones and make one feel as if they are somehow spiritually special and that they are suddenly "called" to do something or other with it. Usually providing it for others for money.

In other words, no, dmt is not going to help you answer anything. If it's answers you seek, chances are you'll just end up with more questions.

Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*ฮณฮฝแฟถฮธฮน ฯƒฮตฮฑฯ…ฯ„ฯŒฮฝ*

Jonabark
#18 Posted : 9/18/2018 3:13:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Some think the self is mostly illusion, and that the problems of the self stem from desire and clinging to self-centered habits. It is easy to feel cheated by life because our expectations tend toward stories that don't work out for everyone no matter their willingness to work or otherwise achieve their goals ...

One of the classic themes of good set( psychological attitude before taking psychedelic) is to accept what you encounter , to embrace anything that happens. Some think this is what good plant teachers teach, to embrace the moment by moment of life with love. The Beatles once sang' the love you take is equal to the love you make'. You can hear variations on this refrain in most spiritual practices. The plants and good human examples can show the way, but how do we find a discipline that allows us to give what we have to give, and have the feeling we are where we are meant to be?

I have not tried DMT but have had many experiences with other psychedelics and have a consistent practice of Jigong/Taiji. My own curiosity about DMT is that all descriptions are of a very alien visionary space. This fascinates me as an artist and occasional visionary. The doit yourself ethic of DMT nexus fits my style of how to do it. But I would think that would not be the best basis for inner work and finding stability and peace. Your struggle does not sound so unique to me. I t seems an honest reflection of a common state and to my mind reflects the global human condition. You are surely not alone. But I think some grounding in a practice that gives you more internal courage and peace is a better path. If entheogens contribute to that then maybe DMT makes more sense.

Kable
#19 Posted : 9/18/2018 4:52:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
I've never found dmt to offer any "answers" of personal nature. I look at it as a substance that is associated with aspects of reality that lie outside of any memory or self-construct. In other words, nothing from it is mine.

What if your deepest self is so foreign that it looks alien? Though it definitely feels "other" a lot of the time to me too.