We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Very uncomfortable body load Options

adwax
#1 Posted : 9/9/2018 4:19:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello. I tried DMT various times but I always burned most of it.
Those are all the effects from all my attempts:
- patterns on objects (tiles/walls)
- patterns on 'uncertain' objects (ex. tree branches/leaves seen in the dark from 5-10 meters)
- face feels alien (especially my cheeks while trying to hold the smoke in)
- very uncomfortable body load

Let's focus on the body load. Basically, I feel like something is wrong with me, or maybe like I just took the most powerful poison that exists.
My mind races, my senses become overwhelmed and overall, I am not able to keep up anymore.

This made some experiences with DMT very traumatizing.

Now, is this caused by the DMT itself or maybe it's a side effect of burned DMT?
Would using a better smoking method help here?

DMT atm has a 'scary' feeling for me, for example when I smell it, I am disgusted (I get flashbacks from when I smoked it). I'd like to remove this scary feeling slowly and in the most painless way possible.

Any tips?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

#2 Posted : 9/9/2018 5:08:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

adwax wrote:
Hello. I tried DMT various times but I always burned most of it.
Those are all the effects from all my attempts:
- patterns on objects (tiles/walls)
- patterns on 'uncertain' objects (ex. tree branches/leaves seen in the dark from 5-10 meters)
- face feels alien (especially my cheeks while trying to hold the smoke in)
- very uncomfortable body load

All on track, normal things there for the onset, lower level effects typically.

The body load is more or less a part of it, sometimes very unnerving, sometimes next to nothing in terms of sensation, though at any rate it's typically part of the experience, woven into what the experience is and does.

The 'feeling something is wrong' - very common too , especially when you step up the dosage. It's a powerful experience when done right, and the suddenness of the experience on top of that bodyload ..yeah it can be frightening for sure. Learn techniques for deep breathing, maybe even some sort of simple breathing meditation. Learning anything to do with your breath can eventually go a long way to help ime. Some low volume melodic style music can be a great adjunct to propelling you into a good space.

Senses becoming overwhelmed is normal.

Honestly the onset of the experience can sometimes be very off putting. It's powerful stuff when done sufficiently, it's no toy ime.

Though ime there's soon enough a hump you get over, following the steep incline of the experience at the rate that it increases moment to moment - that sharp rise in effects/experience is the toughest part for me, but once you're over that ..most of that will go out've the window [i.e: breakthrough, release, you're THERE, w/e you want to call it]. You'll know when you're over that hump..

Burned dmt can cause a pretty rough taste and feeling in the throat, and i'm sure that could throw someone into a bit of a panic as the experience begins. If dmt is vaped properly you won't have that roughness whatsoever, it shouldn't be harsh if it's done correctly.

If the experience is unnerving to you just work your way up the ladder slowly. No rush.

Also, for many here, teetering on the edge of that realm with one foot in and one foot out - that can be pretty rough and cause panic. Learning to go all-in and not backpedal has served me the least hassle and has given me the best experiences.

**And with above I'm not condoning blasting yourself with a huge dose willy-nilly, definitely work up to it I'd say, get accustomed to how it comes on.

And remember that it's only a few minutes [prior to taking that first toke] and it'll be over shortly after.

And always always smile right after you take it in, no matter what.. Smile

Running Bear
#3 Posted : 9/9/2018 9:54:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Why are you burning dmt? You can easily make a good vaporizer. Look up the machine vaporizer on the nexus. It would cost you almost nothing.

Socom2
#4 Posted : 9/10/2018 1:28:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

tatt wrote:

And remember that it's only a few minutes [prior to taking that first toke] and it'll be over shortly after.

And always always smile right after you take it in, no matter what.. Smile

This is really good advice! I find it hard to tell myself it will only be temporary but it's important to try. Before I journey I always say a prayer and tell myself it's only going to last 5 minutes. I often feel overwhelmed within the first 20 seconds I ask myself what am I doing, why did I do this, I can't undo what I just ingested - and I'm afraid because it's like I've jumped out of the plane and obviously there is only one direction I can go. I get overwhelmed by the body load too much more so on jungle experiences.

Spiralout
#5 Posted : 9/10/2018 5:06:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey,

I think tat made many good points here and I agree with him on pretty much all of them...

Here's my 2 cents..

It seems for me to be able to have a good dmt experience , or atleast to increase the likelihood of not having a bad one, my body and mind have to already be in pretty good shape when I am sober. A good handful of my experiences have actually , if not been centered on, at least made strong suggestions towards the fact that being healthy is one of the most important things..

So... I recently had an experience, with a very very small amount, and it was my first time in years. That very small amount hit me harder than something so small ever has, and the experience was pretty grueling. It was actually very similar to what you described. I felt poisoned and like I had done something terrible to myself...

Anyways, I'm not sure if this applies to you or not, but for me personally, I really do need to get my body and mind, and most importantly breath, back to what it used to be..

Hope things are going good.