We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Expanding plant testing methods and Harm Reduction - need your support! Options

endlessness
#1 Posted : 9/8/2018 11:00:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dear Nexians,

As some of you may have noticed, one of the reasons this community is so unique is our progressive, innovating spirit. We don't just discuss topics intellectually, but have for over a decade been trying to push the envelope and be on the cutting edge of psychedelic chemistry, working on developing novel extraction methods (example 1, 2, 3, 4, 5), analyzing plant extracts ( 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ) creating and confirming conversion and separation methods (1, 2, 3), as a few of the many examples we can find here.

We have also developed a home TLC testing kit to test plant extracts and other drugs, as well as offering free advanced lab testing service for all Nexians.

All this work has been done by different Nexians in their spare time over the years using their own resources, with no financial motivation. Nevertheless, it isn't always easy to maintain this level of innovation without outside help. This is why we ask you to please check our new patreon page and consider helping out so we can continue developing our innovations in a more sustainable way. We have a lot of plans to keep developing different things, such as:

- Developing and expanding a more open source reaction videos database
- Furthering research on TLC kits and how to best test different plant material
- Offering a free service to help people interpret their TLC/reagent testing results
- Developing novel testing methods such as those using DIY LED-based spectrometers, raman spectroscopy, FTIR, gadgets such as ScIO, etc.
- Doing more side-by-side tests and answering specific questions users might have regarding plant chemistry (grafted vs normal grown cact, hydro vs soil, stressed vs non-stressed, comparing plant parts, comparing age of plant material, etc )

These are just some of the examples of how we can further our work with your help.

If you enjoy the innovations the Nexus brings and have a bit to spare each month, even if its a couple of bucks, consider helping us out:

www.patreon.com/harmreduction

Contact us if you prefer using cryptocurrencies.

and if you can't help financially, don't worry about it, your presence here and input in the forum is highly appreciated!

Thank you all!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Loveall
#2 Posted : 9/8/2018 11:41:18 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Cool I signed up.

One request, add Raman by name. I think it is perfect for hobbyist. Here are some pictures of a home Raman and a spectra of toluene. Unfortunately we are currently having too much fluorescence noise when looking at our favorite molecules, but a higher wavelength laser may take care of that.
Loveall attached the following image(s):
IMG_20180721_030133233.jpg (2,729kb) downloaded 103 time(s).
IMG_20180721_030249203.jpg (2,784kb) downloaded 103 time(s).
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Vodsel
#3 Posted : 9/9/2018 4:29:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

Awesome initiative, endlessness. Of course I signed up. Spent years busy & away from this community, and right when I finally come again, I'm happy to see initiatives like this one alive and kicking.

Thank you!

Sunnyside
#4 Posted : 9/10/2018 4:46:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you, endlessness.
" Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon
"No, they never did turn me into a toad." - Pete (O Brother, Where Art Thou?)
"Are you a time traveller?" "No, I think I'm more of a time prisoner." - Nadia Vulvokov (Russian Doll)

Spiralout
#5 Posted : 9/11/2018 4:59:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good stuff .

Can't wait to see some more information added on growth /age / stress etc correlations .

Cool