We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
The unpleasant truth about DMT Options

PsyDuckmonkey
#41 Posted : 12/15/2018 10:25:33 AM

witch

Liquidreality wrote:
I saw where he was coming from for some of it. I understood the race car analogy anyway.

Did you now? What he was saying was that he's a race car and other people are shitty town cars. Not a very wise attitude.

The way psychedelics "work" is not dependent on some god-given talent or Dragonball Z-style Chi Power ("HE'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAND!" ) Sometimes you get a weird and nonsensical experience, sometimes one that really opens everything up and changes your world. It may be dependent on how ready you are at that moment.

Liquidreality wrote:
Although I have only had, what I would consider, one breakthrough experience (and although I haven't read EVERY trip report) it was completely unlike the "typical" DMT experience that seem to be spread around most often. Maybe it was one of those deals for him.

I have since been making a great effort to understand what I witnessed to little avail. I suspect it will take a lifetime of earnest seeking and discipline, though I do believe the information is out there.

Yea I've had those too. There are things you just don't talk about. Since as a kid I was convinced I'm some kind of supergenius and other humans are these ridiculous worthless peasants, I kinda managed to rise above using trip experiences as fuel for self-aggrandizement. Been there done that already, without the DMT.

Liquidreality wrote:
In a way I've been looking for someone to post something like this (curious that i should find it) whatever that may say about me. Maybe he didn't quite go about it in the right way or respectfully enough, we all have our flaws.

There's not one thing he did right in this thread. What exactly was it that you were looking for?
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Jees
#42 Posted : 12/15/2018 12:54:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Liquidreality wrote:
I saw where he was coming from for some of it...
We all know that imagination is a main ingredient of a trip. Actually what's wrong with that? It all starts with imagination, Einstein respected imagination above logic, he also permitted himself to be wrong too, this is how things go, to notice the gold in the imagination if encountered.

OP said we should stop taking spice because we're not going to find the solution. Again nothing new here, spice is no solution jack-pot, we all knoooow thaaaat, said with a George Carlin type of voice.
What's the point in coming across like a god-wise person to come tell something we already know for ages?
I think tripping hard can be a solution in itself to let off steam, to get back into balance (mind the risk of getting out of balance too), so it doesn't even have to be a source of knowledge to me.

One could as well enter a university aula and address to the students: "Please stop learning all this BS because 99.9999% of you people are not going to find the solution anyway". This also is true and everybody knows that for ages, but why come in and tell such a things, what's the point in doing so?
It's also like saying: "Everybody who is unable to count all the grains of sand on this beach, get off the beach you have no business here."

Imho someone who does that is trolling or carrying a flat out dangerous personality because then stupidity was experienced as supremacy. I can only hope OP was a troll, for his/her sake.

Liquidreality
#43 Posted : 12/15/2018 2:38:01 PM
I root my phones, I over-clock my PC's, I boost-tune my cars, I alter my consciousness

Yes, in a certain light that's what he was saying, I said I understood it, clearly you did as well. What I did not do is outwardly judge his statement or analogy to be a truthful one in the way that he, perhaps arrogantly, put it forth.

I'll go out on a limb and put my own membership and reputation at risk here.

Maybe he personified his statement too much, I'd have to go back and reread it, but personally I don't buy into the theory that "there's no wrong way to use a tool". Though that may be technically true, there are certainly more productive and more efficient and skillful ways of using them, and I believe this idea is what he was trying to communicate, albeit sloppily.

I am not a carpenter. If I give my kids a hammer and nothing else believing that there's no wrong way to use a tool, odds are that the results will be generally unfavorable, though I'm sure it would be a lot of fun for them.

My neighbor's children will likely have a better idea of how the hammer can be better utilized by virtue of the fact that their father is carpenter. Although, sure, I suppose it can be argued that it is possible my neighbor's children are viewing the hammer in a more constricted manner in relation to it's possible uses.

Without proper training and education I cannot understand or utilize quantum physics to full advantage. Or chemistry, or electricity, or any other number of sciences. I cannot read a book written in Greek. Personally, I wouldn't take offense to anyone proficient in (or absolutely ignorant of) these fields telling me such.

So no, perhaps there is not a "God given dragon-ball z talent" but to deny there may be factors that contribute to and influence the experience is silly. Especially so when considering that most agree that set and setting are of great importance.

I really think that's all he was trying to say, probably while still intoxicated with an elevated sense of his own authority.

The one thing he did do right was speak what he felt was true regardless of consequence. Unfortunately for him it was not well thought out and was in violation of the community guidelines.

DmnStr8
#44 Posted : 12/15/2018 5:08:36 PM

Come what may

STOP! HAMMER TIME!!

Lot's of ways to use a hammer!!

If I had a hammer I know what I would do.....

Race cars are cool!!

Razz
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

Liquidreality
#45 Posted : 12/15/2018 6:12:42 PM
I root my phones, I over-clock my PC's, I boost-tune my cars, I alter my consciousness

SMASHY SMASHY BAN-HAMMER!!!

STOP: Collaborate and listen: racecar palendrome

Jees
#46 Posted : 12/15/2018 7:55:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Liquidreality wrote:
...and I believe this idea is what he was trying to communicate, albeit sloppily...

Thank you for your angle at it, haven't thought about that, yet I'm not sure if that is what he wanted to convey, maybe.
It's a pity that OP'er was too busy profiling himself instead of explaining himself.

Liquidreality wrote:
... probably while still intoxicated with an elevated sense of his own authority...
That's an ace I can't beat Pleased
Terrible drugs he had!
Hmm, maybe a boatload of ego trip might be funny after all, a hyperpose of sorts, too bad for the world if they can't follow you for a stretch Laughing

melopill
#47 Posted : 12/15/2018 9:17:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm dissapointed.

I can see where he's coming from, and knowing his position, I also know that comments like, someone needs a hug, there there Very happy Very happy Very happy Big grin etc tend to antagonise and fuel what he's feeling, when someone is in that state, if you are not offering solutions to there problems, or helping them to express what the problem is, kind words / snark comments that he doesn't relate to can be annoying distractions.

if his attitude is off, close the thread, private message him with a warning.

he sees what he's done wrong, no one else is upset, and we can move on.

he started the thread with alot of stuttering, people tend to do that when they don't know the correct words to say (which he also stated) weather you see your comments as provoking or not, It looks to me like some of you did. and this is evident in his later posts. not excusing how they are,

and to allow a thread of comments to continue after banning and silencing the op :/ i don't agree with that, but since were here now i may as well use it to speak to those that will hear it.

I joined this forum thinking it would be a great place to share knowledge, and it has all the things required for that to be true. But the underlying attitude i witnessed here is really offputting.

if a personailty is a little scattered / edgy, it tends to help if you develop conversation factually. This anchors them.
some of you did that, which is why you got somewhat of a development from his side, but it was coupled with lots of offtopic things and subtle insults which he thought useless and appeared to be aggravating. :/

we've all got something to bring to the table. emotes of laughter when someone is having a serious moment. ask yourself how is that helping?

again, not condoning there behaviour, but your's neither. just shining a torch on where some of you failed to help.

DmnStr8
#48 Posted : 12/15/2018 10:45:20 PM

Come what may

melopill wrote:
I'm dissapointed.

I can see where he's coming from, and knowing his position, I also know that comments like, someone needs a hug, there there Very happy Very happy Very happy Big grin etc tend to antagonise and fuel what he's feeling, when someone is in that state, if you are not offering solutions to there problems, or helping them to express what the problem is, kind words / snark comments that he doesn't relate to can be annoying distractions.

he started the thread with alot of stuttering, people tend to do that when they don't know the correct words to say (which he also stated) weather you see your comments as provoking or not, It looks to me like some of you did. and this is evident in his later posts. not excusing how they are,

and to allow a thread of comments to continue after banning and silencing the op :/ i don't agree with that, but since were here now i may as well use it to speak to those that will hear it.

I joined this forum thinking it would be a great place to share knowledge, and it has all the things required for that to be true. But the underlying attitude i witnessed here is really offputting.

if a personailty is a little scattered / edgy, it tends to help if you develop conversation factually. This anchors them.
some of you did that, which is why you got somewhat of a development from his side, but it was coupled with lots of offtopic things and subtle insults which he thought useless and appeared to be aggravating. :/

we've all got something to bring to the table. emotes of laughter when someone is having a serious moment. ask yourself how is that helping?

again, not condoning there behaviour, but your's neither. just shining a torch on where some of you failed to help.

Here to shame us all high and almighty?

Maybe you need a hug too?! (that comment was directed at everyone involved in the thread btw)

Sometimes everyone gets a little too serious and a little levity is what is needed. This thread is a joke and you are adding to it. Ridiculous!!
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

Liquidreality
#49 Posted : 12/15/2018 11:03:29 PM

I agree, a private message from someone who thought this post inappropriate would have been more effective. Pardon my newness as to how things work around here, and granted it could be argued the posted guideline section applies.

Regardless, as a few people already stated, many people have been in this exact position; one of thinking they know something another does not. I know I have been there. As someone else said, I usually keep my mouth shut about it, for better or worse, but in the past when questionable ideas have managed to find their way out of my mouth I have been fortunate enough to be realigned gently rather than by group coercion.

Again, I would like to reiterate, he was probably fresh off an experience. I didn't mean what I said about an elevated sense of authority as a joke. It happens.

I don't think keeping the thread open at this point is necessarily doing him, or anyone else, a disservice as long as it doesn't degenerate into taking shots at the guy.

TGO
#50 Posted : 12/16/2018 12:17:58 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

melopill wrote:
I'm dissapointed.

You are new to the Nexus, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Welcome to the forum.

It is important to note that people often come to the Nexus shouting that they know "THE TRUTH" about DMT, which is exactly what OP did. Right there in the very first post. For most of us, that is already a red flag, since "truth" and what we experience in DMT trips is very personal and subjective.

What is off-putting to me is when OP comes to the Nexus and claims that for 99.99999999999% of people, DMT is nothing and that he feels sorry for us...? Okay but, there are hundreds, if not thousands of members right here on this site (including me) that would say otherwise, who discovered through personal experience and exploration that DMT is valuable to them, and not necessarily in an "all or nothing" sort of way that OP describes. OP came here with no respect for the forum or its rules, was given more than one chance and didn't bother to listen, so he/she got banned.

IMO, your post makes it seem like we didn't give OP plenty of chances to explain him/herself. But when pressed on what he/she is trying to convey, OP either attacks or says things like:

Quote:
Everyone may belief in whatever he or she wants to believe. What I am writing is allways my personal opinion and my personal truth, that should be obvious enough. I am certain, I am right. I dont care whether you believe me or not.

Quote:
What really matters in my trips is the ability to understand everything. I have to say, I was allways understanding a lot more than all the people around me. Even without dmt. But with... well, you should just watch me and listen to my words, when I am on a turn...

(bold added for emphasis)

At that point it isn't a conversation anymore. OP is only looking for people to confirm what OP already believes, and everyone who doesn't is either wrong, or couldn't possibly have the intellectual capacity to understand anyway. That troll-ish behavior doesn't fly around here. When people post on this public forum about DMT, it is subject to scrutiny. Especially when claiming to know "THE TRUTH." Whatever that is...

And as for your comment about the antagonizing smiley faces etc., it does come from a place of understanding. There are times when DMT seemingly showed me "everything there is to know" while other times it slapped me around and laughed at me for thinking the last trip "showed me everything I needed to know." The point is that DMT is wild, mysterious, and unpredictable so trying to attach "truth" to it is a fruitless endeavor. I've spent plenty of time writing posts that don't say much at all. Just me trying to figure it out, much like the OP. Attaching humor to the ineffable is sometimes the best way to come to terms with it.

I really don't understand why this thread was resurrected in the first place...
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Cactus Man
#51 Posted : 12/16/2018 3:43:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

This thread is pure cringe

benzyme
#52 Posted : 12/16/2018 3:53:41 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

It really is.

I haven't been where most of you have, on DMT...
but I observe that, in most instances, both the null hypothesis, and the alternative hypothesis, is correct.
either answer is correct. so any 'absolute truth', is usually an attempt to pander to your fear, or sell you something.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Liquidreality
#53 Posted : 12/16/2018 4:25:39 AM

Imagine if he cured cancer next week?

benzyme
#54 Posted : 12/16/2018 4:39:24 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

I'd imagine it was already done decades ago.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Kobranek
#55 Posted : 12/16/2018 1:56:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Can't go wrong with the 'ol Socrates quote in this instance "The only thing that I know is that I know nothing." This always reminds me that we are all learning and helps to bring back some humility to the situation. Much love to the OP that he can understand what this means and integrate it into his daily life!

Jees
#56 Posted : 12/16/2018 2:10:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

melopill wrote:
... tend to antagonise and fuel what he's feeling...
selling guild feelings, the good old trick, nice try.
How about my vulnerabilities? Why do you favour his?

My idea: in a public place like a forum we can all have our style and we should take that for granted with no fuzz. Mods draw he line. Clean and easy.

Love

PsyDuckmonkey
#57 Posted : 12/16/2018 2:22:02 PM

witch

Srsly.

The thread wasn't "resurrected" per se, it never died. I guess it's often practice to lock threads like this, but it's a pretty good negative example about attitude, and an interesting discussion developed in the end.

This place is not a psyhelp tent filled with volunteers and mental health professionals to help any tripped-out nutcase to drop by. Even so, I've seen so much immensely helpful advice, genuine compassion and support, and overall human goodness here, especially when compared to some less mature psychedelic communities online... Anataraxas didn't come here open, asking for help or understanding. He came as a prophet among fools and idiots. Well you reap what you sow, generally.

As for the hammertime thing... Your children will be perfectly good with a hammer if you send them to play and learn woodworking from the carpenter (or his children). This place is the place for learning to use a hammer, and sharing knowledge about using a hammer. Coming here, saying that most people have no place doing any woodworking because they just haven't "got it"... well... Anataraxas wasn't saying that you need expertise to use DMT right. He said some magical elites (ie. himself) have got it, and others don't.
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

Exitwound
#58 Posted : 12/16/2018 10:29:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun."

â—‹
#59 Posted : 12/17/2018 2:39:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

This thread was alright initially, but honestly this has gotten strung out and so silly.

There's some good posts here by some throughout, but this conversation is going nowhere pretty steadily, circular masturbation at this point mixed with a bit of antagonism.

I think what's said has been said.

PREV123