We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Drying DMT and changa in a vacuum desiccator Options

blue.magic
#1 Posted : 8/27/2018 9:44:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am using a small vacuum desiccator to thoroughly dry DMT crystals and changa.

I use calcium chloride as a desiccant, which is a common broad-range drying agent.

However we remove mostly naphtha, heptane or alcohol from the products, not water. This makes me think whether calcium chloride or other salt is suitable for a dessicator.

Anyway, it works very well and the crystals and changa a very dry when leaving in a desiccator overnight @ -400 mmHg.

What do you think about removing traces of solvent from DMT and changa, the solvent being usual hydrocarbon solvents and alcohols?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

leratiomyces
#2 Posted : 8/28/2018 9:41:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I think it's an excellent idea to remove all solvent from the product. Considering that you smoke the stuff.
Sadly not many people have a strong vacuum available to do so, including me.

No common desiccant will help you remove hydrocarbon solvents. Best way is to finely divide the product and put under the strongest vacuum available. How long does it take to remove it all? Highly dependant on solvent, product, and vacuum strength.
The usual process for me, once upon a time, was powderise, place under 0.1mmHg for 24h, then check by nmr.
Do the best you can do. If you have a vacuum pump, you're lucky, use it.

pete666
#3 Posted : 8/28/2018 2:03:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My strategy is to remove as much water from freebase as possible by placing in small paper envelopes within MgSO4 container for a week and then FASA. Result is air-dried 12h, then crushed and oven-dried at 80C for 3-4 hours, crushed as much as possible every 30 min. Yes, for fumarate of course
Acetone traces (if any at all) are much more preferrable than any other np
Acceptance of the fact that our reality is not real doesn't in fact mean it is not real. It just leads to better understanding what real means.