We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
LAA isolations, & separations Options

Vreality
#1 Posted : 8/26/2018 10:42:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello nexus ^_^ !

Thought I'd give a quick intro, missed last weekends reg because I took the weekend off. usually do research and this sorta hobby stuff in the week.

I have a few goals primarily to find the optimal route of purification of dmt.

Ive been looking at things like chromatography and separation via centrifuge.

Still needing to compile the info's here on the nexus that is available that I can find in search out side of my google's but I do know some input from those in the know would also make my search much quicker.

Anyway, i've been looking into which solvents are choice for running dmt through a column. Will be trying out the lime tek shortly here, probably with a pre pressure cook.. Then ill be running clean ups. Then crystallization's once I have a clean up I am happy with..

Goal of clean ups is to have minimal loss of favored alkaloid with optimal color,and smell removal, ( all yellow, red / unwanted gunk that would make end result anything but pure white)

Between active carbon, chromatography, and centrifuge separation there is a route to lab prep grade purification.

anyway just gonna leave that for now great to be among fellow minded fellows cheers nexus.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Vreality
#2 Posted : 10/4/2018 11:34:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ive done my own little tek write up which is just q21/gordo's lime /white fluff tek with a double freeze and thaw and pressure cook / directions and details for each step.

since ive been getting MHRB work, ive become incredibly interested in HBWR and its alkaloids.

this parrot said dinner would be ready soon so we'll see how things look, ill maybe post my tek its not much new info just some clarifications and made a bit more basic.

biggest thing i think is amazing about the tek is the lack of need of measurement devices really.. you can sorta just eye ball it and itll be fine..

I am very interested in recapitalization and purification's which Ill have some notes on centrifugal purification's and active carbon..

my goal is for colorless tasteless material out side of that I hope to talk to others who work with LSA extractions from HBWR.

I am intersted in doing solid phase extraction of them..

Vreality
#3 Posted : 10/6/2018 3:45:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

reserved

Vreality
#4 Posted : 10/28/2018 8:30:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

so my current research is primarily focused on HBWR extractions, optimal Bio reactor techniques, and mutations of Claviceps paspali.

seeing that HBWR is most readily a; im going to go through some different proposed routes..

Ive seen about 3 main routes of extracting HBWR, or other wise isolating it's alkaloids.

Liquid to liquid extraction - Lots of solvent
- Modified by Sohxlet to reduce volume of solvent. ( director of sounds notes) salts out via tartaric

Liquid FAFSA, salting out extraction, using Rotovap to isolate mixed LAA's then FAFSA the desired alkaloids out of the oily impurities. (some mycotopica notes Experimental pure LSA extraction
)

Liquid to Solid Phase - using calcium bentonite clay to grab the desired alkaloids,then Extracting from this clay once dried on fluidized air bed. - Modified; you can use a polymer like XAD4 in a column and extract your desired alkaloid by running your liquid phases through the solid phase collumn. Then you can elute the collumn to get your desired material as it will all be trapped in the XAD 4.

These are my base notes of the general separate possible ways LAA could be isolated to some degree..

may switch thread to myco, so I can write out teks ive found, or refined, and discuss them with out worrying of talking about the wrong things here.

Vreality
#5 Posted : 11/11/2018 1:22:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

alternate source of LAA's production by endophyte fungi isolated form smut grass

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/np50003a015

Balansia epichloe -

also what maybe responsible for alkaloid production in HBWR seed, as it is a fungal growth in the plant that produces the alkaloid at least as my research has indicated..

It continues to read that Balansia Epichloe has been found to produce major alkaloids while on media that has Tryptophan. Tryptophan has shown in various papers to stimulate major alkaloid production in suspect cultures such as c. Paspali. and Balansia Epichloe.

not the most useful of info, but neat to have available to know it exists.

Aum_Shanti
#6 Posted : 11/11/2018 1:16:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
also what maybe responsible for alkaloid production in HBWR seed, as it is a fungal growth in the plant that produces the alkaloid at least as my research has indicated..

???

Lol, were you living on the moon Laughing

In 2004 the fungi on the vines have been discovered and since then a lot of research has been done on them. They are now named Periglandula as species and belong to the Clavicipitaceae fungi family.

The fungi grow ON the plant, but then get into the seeds for propagation.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

Vreality
#7 Posted : 11/12/2018 10:53:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Aum_Shanti wrote:
Quote:

???

Lol, were you living on the moon Laughing

In 2004 the fungi on the vines have been discovered and since then a lot of research has been done on them. They are now named Periglandula as species and belong to the Clavicipitaceae fungi family.

The fungi grow ON the plant, but then get into the seeds for propagation.

dope. Nice to have snippets of interesting key info in one place. Makes going back to things much easier.

The sarcastic attitude isn't very constructive in this environment.

I additionally noted it, because you read my ref's I put in my post, You can culture it with tryptophan and also get alkaloids just like C.paspali one of those papers say that, but I doubt you bothered to look, just came here to talk down to someone.

Aum_Shanti
#8 Posted : 11/12/2018 12:39:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
just came here to talk down to someone.

lol I always find it funny when people point like that on others, while actually making this themselves. But this is an age old known behavior. Everybody does it. Sri Aurobindo once made a funny comment about this in his aphorisms.

Why do you wanna think so negative about other people?

Quote:
he sarcastic attitude isn't very constructive in this environment.

Lol, it also isn't deconstructive, at least not meant like that.

It's just the way I often like to communicate. I can hardly ever be very serious.

And yes, I know, sometimes people don't like it or interpret it as offensive, but that's the way I am. But you can be assured that I don't think negative in any way about anything you said.

Our egos always alter the way you wanna communicate something, that's just how it is. But to get upset about that doesn't make any sense IMHO.

Quote:
but I doubt you bothered to look

Again, why so negative?

Sure I had a look at it, but it isn't directly related to the way the Periglandula fungi work (on the mentioned HBWR), that's why I pointed that out.

Don't take things personally, in most cases people don't wanna attack you, but it's ones own interpretation of it. And even if they deliberately wanna attack you, feeling negative about it is the wrong way, IMHO. Just stay happy...is my way on this approach.

As I always say: Egos are like parrots, just a bit more complex. Would you ever get upset about anything a parrot says?
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.