We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Extraction Mishaps Options

DisEmboDied
#1 Posted : 8/26/2018 9:12:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What are worst or funniest things that have happened to you while doing the extraction process?

Here is the worst/funniest of mine:

I was going to work , had the mason jar in between my lap, unscrewed it and took a swig. Now the reason why is that I also had a tea jar next to me, I wasn't paying attention so I took a sip from the wrong one. Good thing immediately I could tell what it was. I had to pull over and spit it out on the road. The inside of my lips were burning, and were super swollen and red. I showed up to a customers house thinking omg wtf, the inside of my lips were on fire. I was wondering if the lady would notice. Stayed hurting for 5 days.

Another time I was pouring the sodium hydroxide into the jar outside and the wind blew some all over me, I was sweating so it had a reaction and starting burning my skin all over.

Both of these are messed up, but maybe you have something funnier (or not)....

Peace!
Meditate before you venture, take it seriously, use it as medicinal—it is good psychotherapy if needed. Realize that you, the Earth, others, and the Universe are all one and the same process. Then take that knowledge back to become, as you already are, one with nature. Eternity in every moment. Divinity in every particle. All is one organism.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

MachienDome
#2 Posted : 1/4/2019 2:23:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

WTF, do you do extractions in your car or something??
"In this secret room, from the past, I seek the future..."

DreadedShaman
#3 Posted : 1/4/2019 4:12:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MachienDome wrote:
WTF, do you do extractions in your car or something??

I was wondering the same thing.. can't say I've ever spilled base soup on myself... I'll always nuetralize it with vinegar when I'm done extracting

I had a jar (open lid) pretty litterally explode on me during a mesc extraction, I was pretty heavy into DMT at the time and took it as a sign that I was doing something unholy with a holy substance and I haven't tried again since, switched to growing cacti for brewing instead.

Th Entity
#4 Posted : 1/4/2019 7:02:47 PM

I can't think of anything important or deep to add here, excuse me!

Woooah, spilling lye on yourself and having very basic solution on your lips sounds like nightmare to me, im glad you are good man, have vingear on hand in that car there. Thumbs up

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 1/4/2019 10:10:26 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

While being initially flabbergasted at this OP (why would anyone be holding a jar of caustic soup next to such a sensitive area of the anatomy, let alone in a car - and then accidentally drinking it!?!?! I can only presume you were very stoned or worse) it did in fact remind me of a time when I had to scrape up the greater part of an extraction from the floor of my friends motorhome after the (thankfully, drained) freeze precip dish fell down while we were driving somewhere. So, I'm not really in the best position to be judging anyone.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli