We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First pull with Cyb's Max Ion Tek VERY red, how to use zinc ? Options

Silly(c)One
#1 Posted : 8/5/2018 7:32:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello all,

I just did an extraction using Cyb's Max Ion tek on a 5 years old batch of MHRB powder, and I may have heated the acid phase a bit too much because my first pull with 250ml of heptane didn't give me any crystals after the freeze precip, rather a yellow sludge (at freeze temps) which turns into a red colour when the solvent is heated back at room temp too quickly to separate it from the heptane and dry it before an Rx..
So I'm left with 250ml of very oily and red heptane which doesn't separate. I believe this is DMT-N-Oxyde but I have no idea of the weight of it as it's in solution in heptane.
Thing is, my chemistry skills are very rusty as it's been 5 years since I've done an extraction...
I still have all the gear and all the products needed (acetic acid, zinc powder, sodium hydroxyde, heptane and a little hexane, erlenmeyers, separatory funnels, ...), how do I convert this red solution to DMT freebase ?

Should I add acetic acid to the heptane and some zinc ? How much ? And then just proceed with a standard A/B with fresh heptane ?

Thanks Smile

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Silly(c)One
#2 Posted : 8/6/2018 2:10:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I managed to salvage most of my spice, by adding a little zinc and some acetic acid to the loaded heptane, mixing for 2 hours, then discarding the heptane, basifying with sodium hydroxyde adding a little NaCl to help reduce the emulsion and extracting with fresh heptane 3 times. The resulting spice from freeze precipitation of the heptane is white to yellow, no more red. Very happy