We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
E-leaf: Holding in vs. Quick successive hits? Options

MenacingTrees
#1 Posted : 7/31/2018 9:01:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello, I have been exploring 1:1 E-leaf comprised of 100 percent mullein lately. So far maxing out at 50mg doses but about ready to continue escalating towards breakthrough.

I have a question about technique that I know has been talked about but I can't find a sure answer about which is better, or what the proper middle ground is.

I know once I get to 60-80mg doses I won't be able to get it all in one hit. So what is better: Holding each hit for 10-20 seconds before taking another, or exhaling and quickly taking the successive hits as fast as possible? What is the best compromise between the two?

I am a very analytical and scientific mind and knowing that I am optimally performing my technique is a large part of a proper experience to me.
"Just because it exists, doesn't mean it can't be done." - JG

Psilocybin plants your roots, LSD spreads your branches.
DMT turns your tree-ass into a damn rocket ship.

Friends don't let friends use freebase.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

#2 Posted : 7/31/2018 11:38:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

MenacingTrees wrote:
Hello, I have been exploring 1:1 E-leaf comprised of 100 percent mullein lately. So far maxing out at 50mg doses but about ready to continue escalating towards breakthrough.

I have a question about technique that I know has been talked about but I can't find a sure answer about which is better, or what the proper middle ground is.

I know once I get to 60-80mg doses I won't be able to get it all in one hit. So what is better: Holding each hit for 10-20 seconds before taking another, or exhaling and quickly taking the successive hits as fast as possible? What is the best compromise between the two?

I am a very analytical and scientific mind and knowing that I am optimally performing my technique is a large part of a proper experience to me.

Well if you want optimal, then 60-80mg of 1:1 e-leaf should be taken in one hit and held til you are no more. It can be done, people here have done it, it's what I've mainly done for years now. Though to do it this way you have to have ice cold water in a small-ish bubbler or/ bong of some sort. Done this way you will typically not feel that entire hit as it goes in.

There's zero to very little harshness done this way ime, but you have to make sure that the waters as ice cold as you can get it before it turns over to ice.

Unless you can't do this due to lung capacity or that you're not used to taking big hits of something.

*Though if you can't do it this way for whatever reason, then break it up into 2-3 hits [how many ever hits are needed, should only be 2-3), and for each of those hits take those hits as deeply into your lungs as you can and hold them for as long as you can - typically with each hit you'll feel a distinctive shift in things, yourself and your immediate reality, there's no question when you know that this is happening.

Then on the last hit (if you know that it's your last hit) hold it indefinitely and/or til the reality around you is no more, along with yourself.

MenacingTrees
#3 Posted : 7/31/2018 7:24:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, I have a 6in beaker bong that I use, so far without water just so I can set it down easily but might add water and see how it goes. I have no problems with the harshness, I've smoked marijuana a lot and used to smoke cigarettes. It just seems mainly lung capacity is limiting me but maybe I should just start to train to hold it better.

Usually I do my 50mg doses in two hits, and I know exactly what you mean, I know for sure when my first hit is good and I just hold my second hit until... well.. i'm pretty sure it comes out at some point xD.

But yeah my main concern was whether or not it would be more optimal to hold the first hit in for 10-15 seconds, vs trying to administer the second hit as fast as possible, but the more I think about it even holding in you still get all 3 hits even within a minute or so, so it shouldn't be cause for too much concern.
"Just because it exists, doesn't mean it can't be done." - JG

Psilocybin plants your roots, LSD spreads your branches.
DMT turns your tree-ass into a damn rocket ship.

Friends don't let friends use freebase.

#4 Posted : 8/1/2018 2:09:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

MenacingTrees wrote:
Thanks for the reply!
Yeah, I have a 6in beaker bong that I use, so far without water just so I can set it down easily but might add water and see how it goes. I have no problems with the harshness, I've smoked marijuana a lot and used to smoke cigarettes. It just seems mainly lung capacity is limiting me but maybe I should just start to train to hold it better.

You're welcome. I would definitely try out putting ice cold water in there. Makes all the difference in terms of how the hit will feel, allowing to take much bigger hits ime, and also even though water is used ..nothing's being taken away through the water when used (and if there is ..well..it's very negligible). Really no difference between water vs. dry aside from the one attribute I said up top about the ice cold water/big hits.

And yeah there's many ways you can increase your ability to draw bigger hits as far as lung capacity goes. Maybe you could check into that too. <3

**Look into deep diaphragmatic breathing or belly breathing. Practice these religiously. Great stuff to help out those lungs. I've been doing it for a year or so consistently now, mainly for grappling/brazilian jiu jitsu.

MenacingTrees wrote:
Usually I do my 50mg doses in two hits, and I know exactly what you mean, I know for sure when my first hit is good and I just hold my second hit until... well.. i'm pretty sure it comes out at some point xD.

Hahah, so true. Very happy

MenacingTrees wrote:
But yeah my main concern was whether or not it would be more optimal to hold the first hit in for 10-15 seconds, vs trying to administer the second hit as fast as possible, but the more I think about it even holding in you still get all 3 hits even within a minute or so, so it shouldn't be cause for too much concern.

Yeah, if I'm doing multiple hits instead of getting the whole dose in one hit - then I usually will take the first hit, hold it for 10-15 (if needed), though typically for me the full onset of the first hit comes on in about 1/2 of that time. Sometimes though I might have to hold it out to 10-15 seconds but not usually. I just feel it out as it's coming on and sorta judge from there.

null24
#5 Posted : 8/1/2018 9:26:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

tatt wrote:
MenacingTrees wrote:

Well if you want optimal, then 60-80mg of 1:1 e-leaf should be taken in one hit and held til you are no more. It can be done, people here have done it, it's what I've mainly done for years now. Though to do it this way you have to have ice cold water in a small-ish bubbler or/ bong of some sort. Done this way you will typically not feel that entire hit as it goes in.

There's zero to very little harshness done this way ime, but you have to make sure that the waters as ice cold as you can get it before it turns over to ice.

Unless you can't do this due to lung capacity or that you're not used to taking big hits of something.

*Though if you can't do it this way for whatever reason, then break it up into 2-3 hits [how many ever hits are needed, should only be 2-3), and for each of those hits take those hits as deeply into your lungs as you can and hold them for as long as you can - typically with each hit you'll feel a distinctive shift in things, yourself and your immediate reality, there's no question when you know that this is happening.

Then on the last hit (if you know that it's your last hit) hold it indefinitely and/or til the reality around you is no more, along with yourself.

I'm curious, i like doing "steam bongs" now and then, and wonder if it would be a good alternative. I have only done it with cannabis and do it when I'm having some lung irritation and have difficulty smoking. Haven't thought about it as a technique for el before.

Basically it's the exact opposite of your ice technique, lol. I use cold tap water heated in a pot to below boiling ( not too hot to damage anything like the bong, etc.) and put that in the bong as the water. It produces a smooth, steam laden smoke that helps open my lungs.. But yes, one thing i don't like is how there is no taste from the pot, but that might be really useful in this case. The mullein i typically see used for el is way less harsh than weed.

Now, as far as this being healthy, i have no idea. I could imagine that it could not be the greatest thing in the world, inhaling too much steam, maybe someoneelse can speak to that. It's not something you'd do repeatedly, obviously.

Kinda doubt I'll be trying it anytime soon with the path my life is on right now, just putting it out there...
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*