We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
How many of you are working your way to 30+ grams of mushrooms? Options

#21 Posted : 8/1/2018 5:55:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

endlessness wrote:
Elrik wrote:
Users who are dilettantes, casually curious, or just in it for fun [not to imply that I disparage those types] should generally, in my opinion, start low and stick to mid range doses where they can play in the psychedelic surf and have fun without danger of drowning in the rainbow sea of mind-made realities where rapture can be so intense as to be just as dangerous as abject terror.

Users who are trying to do real, serious spiritual or psychological work on themselves or want to explore other realms in a serious manner should also start low and then progressively work up. If your goal is to use these tools seriously you should know them at every level from threshold to the highest dose your willing to go to and by initially starting low and gradually increasing you can see the progression of effects clearly without the confusion or disappointments caused by randomly switching from high to low doses.
If someones calling is to do huge doses, thats perfectly fine. But do it responsibly, without big jumps above what youve previously done. This way you learn more, see more, and dont pole vault over the maximum dose you can handle.
I'm built like an 11 year old girl, whip thin and weighing just 54 kilos, and I've repeatedly done 20 gram doses of ACRB and 750 mg of mescaline with harmine predose, but I built up to those. I couldnt have handled them otherwise.
I tend to focus on just one or two psychedelics at a time for several years straight. When my father was sick and dying and I needed to do some serious personal work to correct my path I worked with psilocybe mushrooms for two years. I gently tore them up and air dried to a 'cracker dry' state and then desiccated them for two days prior to storage. I started with repeated mild 1.5 gram doses and worked my way up to repeated very potent 7 gram doses before taking my freedom to wander around the middle of that dose range. To my continued surprise the dose that led to the most personal transformation, the dose that taught me the most, the dose that literally changed my life and single handedly justified those entire two years of work, the dose that was so complete that I saw a female forest spirit talking to me Laughing that dose was only 2.65 grams and it came after I had previously worked up to 7 grams. The only trip I reflexively think back on when I imagine the healing power of mushrooms: 2.65 grams from a ziplock bag full of shredded and mixed mushrooms which I eventually consumed all of.
Explore all you want, but never make the mistake of assuming you need high doses for profound effects.

And keep a personal psychedelics journal, preferably an encrypted one.

What he said ^

Work your way up, and be sure to take care of set and setting, and specially about integration too. What purpose does it serve to just go higher if lessons aren't being put into practice?

I used to regularly take around 5-7g of a certain batch of mushrooms that would kick everybody's ass, and at that dosage it would be manageable for me. Fastforward 4 years later from the exact same batch that was still sitting in my freezer, and I had a completely overwhelming experience at 2g, it was so intense I totally forgot I had even consumed anything in the first place and was just living the visions I was having.

So yeah, be safe out there please... Its normal for us humans to try to push the limits and see where we go, I've certainly done my share of that, but sometimes less is more...

All legit advice here.

Completely agree with endless's reverse tol/increased sensitivity. Exact same scenarios have happened with my psychedelic experiences across the board, every substance and plant, that increased sensitivity doesn't discriminate ime. Very happy

Seemed to happen for me with over the course of a few years.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

AllThings
#22 Posted : 8/1/2018 11:54:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

everything I said was already said. nvm

Loveall
#23 Posted : 8/2/2018 2:03:09 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

30g does not sound productive to me. To each their own though.

There are some theories out there staing that psychedelics allow new and diverse mental connections. They shake up the established patterns in the brain. I think that during integration we can learn to retain/use some of the more interesting/beneficial patterns such as appreciation and enjoyment of the beauty of life, which an adult ruminating brain can loose in the grind of life. Interesting, excessive rumination (repeptitive neurological patterns) are linked to depression/anxiety.

High doses allow more of a shake up, but at some point the brain goes into overdrive and none of the new patterns can be made sense of or remembered.

So there is an optimal dose I think. The one that pushes your brain to explore new spaces without getting completely confused/overwhelmed/lost. The trips that have improved who I am are the ones where I brought something coherent back with be. Very high dose trips (14g dry but old mushrooms) where I was obliterated and lost the sense of time did not help my growth as a person: they were just confusing/terrifying.

Again, to each their own. Maybe it is my personal limitation, but very high doses where essentially a wasted effort in my case.

What is the optimal dose? I think it depends on each person. Even for an individual, experience and personal changes can move this dose around. If your brain is more more connected (by meditation and/or regular psychedelics use) you may need a lower dose. If you ruminate more (due to stress or dogmatic religious/political beliefs) you may need higher doses.

There is also the danger of a low dose. The ruminating brain will intially resist being shaken up and that can be stressful/negative especially at low doses where the ruminating brain can keep a stressful, but a more connected/open minded brain will be open to simply enjoy the light mental shake-up.

Here is a summary table for brain type vs dose:

Ruminating brain (dogmatic/culture bound): low dose bad, optimal dose good, high dose bad
Connected brain (open/accepting/observer): low dose pleasant, optimal dose good, high dose neutral

Most people are somewhere in between a ruminating brain and a connected one. As one goes from childhood to old age there is a tendency to become more ruminating in the standard western culture (unless the brain is worked out).

Again this is just my opinion and thoughs. I could be very wrong.

💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

benzyme
#24 Posted : 8/2/2018 4:09:19 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

30g of dried panaeolus cyanescens.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Jees
#25 Posted : 8/2/2018 10:05:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I subscribe to start low and build up.

PREV12