We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Open-mindedness and compassion Options

Nydex
#1 Posted : 7/28/2018 9:29:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

By uncritically accepting evidence when it pleases us, and insisting on more when it doesn’t, we subtly tip the scales in our favor.

The slipperiest slope of them all is comfortably residing in this realm of illusions and not changing our minds when we are presented with evidence that contradicts our beliefs and does not fit our perspectives.

Francis Bacon, 1st Viscount St Alban ( often called "the father of empiricism" ) wrote:
The human understanding when it has once adopted an opinion draws all things else to support and agree with it. And though there be a greater number and weight of instances to be found on the other side, yet these it either neglects and despises, or else-by some distinction sets aside and rejects, in order that by this great and pernicious predetermination the authority of its former conclusion may remain inviolate.

My philosophy is to always stay open minded, no matter how hard my being wants to argue with the other person's logic, or reject their beliefs, or impose my perspective over theirs. I believe each and every one of us can teach anyone else something important.

Be open to people. Listen to them. Try to look at the conversation from their perspective. Do not be quick to judge decisions based solely on your own belief system and collection of societal and cultural moralities and principles.

We are all in this together. Let's be more understanding and compassionate to one another.

Much love, friends. Love
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.