We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Vaping harmala freebase - initial experiences Options

NotTwo
#1 Posted : 7/24/2018 7:08:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I recently produced some harmala freebase from syrian rue and have done some initial experiments. To be honest, I'm a bit perturbed by the results as they haven't been quite what I expected. As I understand it, syrian rue is high in harmaline and has less harmine and THH. I've been using a VG vaporizer to smoalk it.

First attempt:
20mg

There's an immediate effect but quite subtle. However gradually over the next 15 minutes I feel an increased effect. There are no OEV but with closed eyes I can see a fine patterning behind the retinas. I feel slightly stoned as if I had smoked a small amount of marihuana and I feel slightly more relaxed. I'm aware of internal dialog which seems to continue unabated.
After 30 minutes I vape around 15mg of dmt. The effects come on much slower than normal but are probably about twice as strong as I would have expected with very stark visuals. The experience seems softer than a normal dmt trip, almost ecstatic with quite a gentle, loving edge.

Second attempt:
20mg, followed by 10mg after 15 minutes, followed by another 10mg 15 minutes later

Starts very much like the 20mg dose. Again not too much in the way of OEV but the CEV are pretty strong. Again I feel pretty stoned. The internal dialog really starts to take over big time and the calm self-observation that I began with is lost and I struggle not to simply get taken over by the thinking process. In fact it goes so far that I really believe that there are other people there that I'm conversing with. It's difficult to distinguish imagination from reality. I try to bring myself back to "it's just me sitting alone in this room" but it constantly draws me back.
20 minutes after the last dose I again vape 15mg of dmt. A very slow onset. I'm lost in waves of ecstacy with immensely intricate imagery. Interestingly I can open my eyes briefly and see the room obviously changed but not "alien world" style and then go straight back into the experience. Far more manoeverable than a normal dmt experience but I've lost the ability to experience this from a non dual perspective - I'm caught in the dream and enjoying it. Overall it doesn't seem useful in the sense that I normally find dmt. The experience lasts much longer than usual and only slowly tapers off after 20 minutes. I'm watching the ceiling fan go round dragging pink kaleidoscope edges.

Third attempt:
20mg

Similar to my first experience but I feel I know the score a bit better this time. I'm trying to see how this experience is useful. It causes some sort of relaxation but doesn't allow the probing into sensations in the body that I find so insightful with most types of entheogens. My level of confusion is increased and meditation is bitty and wanders in and out of irrelevant thoughts without allowing me to observe them.

Fourth attempt:
15mg before going to sleep

I'm interested in harmalas as a sleep aide as I often don't sleep well. I sat in bed to smoke then lay down. 5 minutes cuddle with my girlfriend then I switch out the light. I can see the intricate patterns behind my retinas again and a slight, but not profound, relaxation of the body. I probably spend about 20 minutes getting to sleep wondering if the visuals are going to distract me too much. I wake up half an hour after falling asleep slightly perturbed that it hasn't had the deep sleep inducing effect that I had hoped for. I then spend almost the entire night waking up at half hour intervals. Each time I awake I'm aware that I've been dreaming some sort of visually intense dream. I manage to get back to sleep fairly quickly each time but the overall effect for the night is not one of deep rest.

I'd be very interested to hear from anyone who has used (or especially vaped) harmalas in a positive way. I was hoping to gain clarity and insight but I can't say this has been the general effect. Its influence on the dmt experience is interesting but I'm not completely convinced here either.

In all of reality there are not two. There is just the one thing. And I am that.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

nigredo
#2 Posted : 9/8/2018 11:14:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Old post but I know what you're talking about. I haven't bothered to vaporize harmalas, but similar effects can occur with oral dosing. I am tempted to blame it on the harmaline. I'm actually not sure that there is anything positive to harmaline. It seems to have a more pronounced negative effect on motor coordination than harmine, comes with an unpleasant body load, and skews the mind toward dreamlike imagery of the type you described. I'd venture to say that this is the reason why so many people seek to separate harmine from harmaline.

ShamensStamen
#3 Posted : 9/9/2018 1:07:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I love smoking freebased Rue extract, i've also smoked purified Harmala extract, and pure Harmine, even Rue seeds, and Caapi leaf. I much prefer the full spectrum freebased Rue extract, and i haven't gotten anything i would consider bad or negative from it, but i usually just put some of top of a bowl of Cannabis and smoke away, i also go Rue/Harmala heavy, which i'm pretty sure i smoke a bit more than 20mgs but i'm not sure as i don't weigh it out i just scoop some out of the container and put it on top of a bowl and smoke. I like Harmaline. Also, the more Harmalas/Rue/Caapi you smoke, the more it becomes like an oral experience just more compacted, whereas the less Harmalas/Rue/Caapi you smoke, the more DMT-like the experience will be.

As far as sleep goes, i've taken Rue/Harmalas pretty regularly since 2012, especially orally, and i don't recall it messing with my sleep, although it does extend REM sleep because of the Acetylcholinesterase inhibition, but that's about all i noticed from Rue/Harmalas before sleep.

Things work better in combination, so adding Harmaline with some other herbs can be quite useful. Lemon Balm may make a good Changa admixture plant, possibly smoothing out the smoked DMT come up and cleaning up the bodyload of Harmaline, at least Lemon Balm tea does with oral Harmalas/DMT, so i would think it'd be similar for smoked stuff.

blue.magic
#4 Posted : 9/9/2018 11:26:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nigredo wrote:
It seems to have a more pronounced negative effect on motor coordination than harmine

I have also better experience with harmine - but oral works for me somehow better than vaporized.

I have however had heavier oral dose of harmine and THH (100 mg + 150 mg) and also had motor problems - basically like on Ayahuasca where you almost crawl and cannot keep balance (traditional Aya is almost devoid of harmaline, too).

ShamensStamen
#5 Posted : 9/10/2018 1:34:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah both Rue and Caapi will cause motor function impairment in high enough dosages.