We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
quidding, the way to go? Options

strtman
#1 Posted : 7/18/2018 3:38:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A few months ago I started to read all posts in the topic Salvia Divinorum. I had heard of this substance before but did not know any details. As I ran through the posts my interest grew and at some point I knew I wanted to try it.

The one thing that bothers me the most is the fact that during a trip people can have a tendency to walk around or otherwise move. Having seen that YouTube video with the man and woman who take a hit at the same time and then watching him crawling up from the couch and seeing him literally walking through the window was a warning for me to take this seriously. A sitter is highly recommended. However, the only person I completely trust and who could be my sitter lives in another town and is not available for a long time.

So I decided to do it the traditional way, quidding. As far as I can estimate, starting very, very low is the way to go and then it is safe to do it without a sitter. And I think it is easier to change at a later time from quidding to smoking than vice versa.

One afternoon I took the plunge. Put on some relaxing music and lay down on the couch. I took 500 mg dry plain leaf. Rehydrated and switching between keeping it under my tongue and regularly chewing, did this for half an hour. As was to be expected, nothing happened. But I got an idea about what quidding is and how to do it. And I got a sense of the taste. Not a nice one, not a bad one. For me it is just a taste. Next day the dosage was upgraded to 1 gram. It caused a warm pleasant feeling, not more.

In the early morning hours of the third day I took 2 gram plain leaf and after half an hour I spit the gag out. Waited some time and there was no real effect. Then I took a second 2 gram plain leaf and started quidding again. About fifteen minutes later there were the first noticeable effects in my brain. For some reason I knew I had to stop quidding as the effects for a rookie like me could be too strong. Was this the voice of Lady Salvia with a warning to take it easy? Anyway, I spit the second gag out and had definitely reached the first level of the Salvia scale, maybe even reached the gate of level two, together with seeing some strange metallic like creature objects, that is to say the so called seeing with ‘the mind’s eye’. Meanwhile the music had become enchanting. After about two hours I was back to baseline.

In the period ahead I am going to find out how far one can come with quidding. If in the long run with this method the wanted results don’t pop up then of course I have yet to grip the bong. I am sure Lady Salvia understands Smile.

Anyone else starting with Salvia the way I do?

Quiet the mind and the soul will speak

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

dragonrider
#2 Posted : 7/18/2018 3:47:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, quidding definately works for me. And quite fast actually. I usually start feeling effects after even less than five minutes.

I think it is more comfortable than smoking, because you can more easily decide to take less or more than what you've planned, if you want to. Smoking is much more an all or nothing kind of thing.

obliguhl
#3 Posted : 7/18/2018 6:19:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, i started with chewing dried plant material and only much later tried smoking it a few times. Coincidentally, my dosage was also 2x2g chewed 15 minutes each. I found that setting is almost as equally important as dosage. If it is dark you can somehow invite the experience to unfold and there will be a very distinct point in the experience where it feels as if someone has shut a door. Similar like going to a doctors office, the door gets closed and then..well, the probing begins Pleased

The experience itself i found 100% detached from myself and my psyche just as if im just visiting a very real place like as a tiny man in a machine that generates Reality on the outside of it. With all sorts of spirals, organic blops of neon slime, somehow underground with people who had just died somehow in between dimensions. And of course, also the little white men that are constantly chattering, trying to provoke you, piercing your head - animals! Smile

Deadhead410
#4 Posted : 7/18/2018 7:22:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So would you need one of the refined kinds of salvia like 20x 40x etc, or can you use regular leaf?
Shrouding all the ground around me / Is this holy crow above me / Black as holes within a memory
And blue as our new second sun / I stick my hand into his shadow / To pull the pieces from the sand
Which I attempt to reassemble / To see just who I might have been / I do not recognize the vessel
But the eyes seem so familiar / Like phosphorescent desert buttons / Singing one familiar song...

obliguhl
#5 Posted : 7/18/2018 7:27:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Regular leafs are absolutely sufficient to travel to places with Salvia.
Also not necessary to re-hydrate them. There is a lot of Salvinorum on the outside of the leaf..but then, as i understand it, salvinorin-a is poorly soluable in Water.

physics envy
#6 Posted : 7/18/2018 8:33:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

strtman wrote:
switching between keeping it under my tongue and regularly chewing, did this for half an hour

I'd suggest chewing the entire time...the salvinorin will soak into your gums much easier if it's ground up as it's a waxy substance from what I've read. Just keep slowly munching away at it.

Usually, at some point once it's kicked in, my body stops chewing on its own...and may even swallow the juice on its own. I usually just let my body do whatever it wants in this regard. I can always add more leaf if I want to extend the trip. Or if I don't swallow, whenever I start chewing again it tends to kick-start the activities back up.

It generally takes me about 8-12 minutes for it to start up, and I use ~800mg of leaf. Over time, you may be able to use much less than you need currently. That amount is always enough to get me to the main crossover point that I shoot for. More leaf just extends my trip, doesn't really make it deeper.

Deadhead410 wrote:
So would you need one of the refined kinds of salvia like 20x 40x etc, or can you use regular leaf?

I recently tried chewing my homemade salvinorin extract just to see if I could get it to work, and it did indeed. However, it felt a bit wasteful as it's very hard to grind up an extract in the way it's needed. When I looked in the mirror after chewing for a while, I could see quite a bit on top of my molars that was hard to use.

I used about 20-25mg of my extract which I believe is 1 part salvinorin and 2 parts other leafy stuff. I started with about half that, but it was just too little to chew.

But if you find you need a ton of leaf and you just can't stand it, then give an extract a try.

Salvia quid enthusiast

strtman
#7 Posted : 7/19/2018 7:19:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the responses, I appreciate this.

Can you also let me know how far you ever got on the so-called Salvia scale? Has there ever been a moment that quidding brought you so far that you were not any longer in control of yourself? Or are you always able to ‘manage’ the trip?

Quiet the mind and the soul will speak

obliguhl
#8 Posted : 7/19/2018 10:43:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There was a slightly worrysome tendency to violently move my head around, but i stopped after noticing what i was doing. Personally did not act out anything in the trip. But i get your worrys, it is the reason i don't really take Salvia anymore since i also have noone to watch over me.

physics envy
#9 Posted : 7/19/2018 6:50:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

strtman wrote:
Can you also let me know how far you ever got on the so-called Salvia scale? Has there ever been a moment that quidding brought you so far that you were not any longer in control of yourself? Or are you always able to ‘manage’ the trip?

I tend to get between level 3-4 (L-V)...and that's about as far as I've made it. I plateau around there. I've never been worried about being out of control. You might not be able to walk around easily without falling over, but I've never felt 'compelled' to get up and walk around while quidding except to go to the bathroom, intentionally dance/move, etc.

As Obliguhl noted, it is easy to get into circular movements. To me, it feels like a current of water all around me that I can tap into and 'flow' with. If I start rotating my head/neck for example, it will continue on its own as if I was in a water tank with water flowing in a circle. You can stop it if you want, or you can let it continue. I tend to find it healing for some cricks in my neck, strained muscles (etc.), and to me the movement feels great in general. It's like a chiropractic session. You can sit up and move your arms as well, or even get up and flow/move your whole body with it. I recommend trying it once you get your 'salvia-legs' if you like dancing :-)
Salvia quid enthusiast

obliguhl
#10 Posted : 7/19/2018 7:10:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
As Obliguhl noted, it is easy to get into circular movements.

Interesting you get this too, physics envy.
I also noticed a lot of spirals and the little white guys telling me they would "spin the merry-go-round"

One thing i can add:

At the end of each chewing cycle, you get the most out of the juice if you forcefully squish it around in your mouth through your teeth etc.

physics envy
#11 Posted : 7/19/2018 7:51:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
Interesting you get this too, physics envy.
I also noticed a lot of spirals and the little white guys telling me they would "spin the merry-go-round"

Here is a short video of some footage I shot one night while sitting and flowing with the energy:

Salvia Flow

I also have some footage of doing the same thing but standing up with more movement that I haven't uploaded yet.

I'm not a graceful dancer by any means, but while quidding and doing this 'flow', with my eyes closed I can visually see the 'current' and I'm just basically flowing along with it, like I'm underwater.

I also like to vocalize/throat sing (after swallowing the juice...) as it also just feels great.

obliguhl wrote:
One thing i can add:

At the end of each chewing cycle, you get the most out of the juice if you forcefully squish it around in your mouth through your teeth etc.

Interesting - I've also noticed that at some point when the salvia starts to take over, I start doing that too. It seems that salvia can 'teach/show' you how to chew, how to swish, when to swallow, how to sit upright to meditate, etc.
Salvia quid enthusiast