We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Would it be safe to swim on acid? Options

dragonrider
#1 Posted : 7/18/2018 3:38:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yesterday, i ingested a gram of hash that was dissolved in olive oil, and when it kicked in, i went swimming in a large lake near amsterdam. It realy wss a heavenly experience.

So i wondered, has anybody here ever swom under the influence of other psycho active substances? And would it be safe to go swimming on LSD or shrooms?

My main concern would be vasocondtriction and possible muscle cramps as a result.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

woody
#2 Posted : 7/18/2018 4:04:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
And would it be safe to go swimming on LSD or shrooms?

Are you serious? I find the simplest of physical tasks can sometimes be a challenge on mushrooms! Can't speak for LSD but in general I would say Psychedelics + water = NO.

Loveall
#3 Posted : 7/18/2018 5:14:20 PM

โค๏ธโ€🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

woody wrote:
dragonrider wrote:
And would it be safe to go swimming on LSD or shrooms?

Are you serious? I find the simplest of physical tasks can sometimes be a challenge on mushrooms! Can't speak for LSD but in general I would say Psychedelics + water = NO.

Agreed. We've lost seasoned cosmonauts to water in the past (here is a famous presumed example). Water has been said to contribute positively to setting by some. Unfortunately it is dangerous and people have drowed. Some relevant links below. Stay safe.

https://erowid.org/cultu...urner_dm_in_memory.shtml
https://www.reddit.com/r...i4lz/dmt_near_the_water/

Similar considerations for fire, heights, traffic. Plus anything else that could be remotely dangerous to a (semi)unconcious person (e.g. nearby wild animals).
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

dragonrider
#4 Posted : 7/18/2018 7:35:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, i wasn't thinking about very large doses, obviously. More something like 250 micrograms of acid. With such a dose i normally do not experience things like detachement from the body or loss of control.

Wolfnippletip
#5 Posted : 7/18/2018 7:55:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been swimming many times on lower doses of LSD, in the 100ug range. The impulse to be in fresh water is strong with me while tripping. I'm not recommending anything, but dosage is obviously important in deciding what is, or might not be safe.
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

Loveall
#6 Posted : 7/18/2018 9:47:52 PM

โค๏ธโ€🔥

Ok, but what if there is a mistake with the dose? A sheet that got double dunked or bad arithmetic while dividing or something like that?

Usually a larger dose than expected just results in a good story to tell around the camp fire and a visit by the cosmic giggle, but if you have water involved...

Northerner
#7 Posted : 7/18/2018 10:26:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
Well, i wasn't thinking about very large doses, obviously. More something like 250 micrograms of acid. With such a dose i normally do not experience things like detachement from the body or loss of control.

250 is a pretty hefty hit man, I don't know what sort of acid you get but that's an all encompassing dose for me. I wouldn't go near water when I was tripping balls like that.

I have enjoyed swimming in still fresh water where I'm not out of my depth at ~100ug doses, it's divine, but even in that range I would avoid the ocean or fast moving water..
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

soulfood
#8 Posted : 7/19/2018 12:17:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I would quite happily swim on anything up to 150ug in still waters. I'm not a strong enough swimmer in choppy seas even when sober but in a still lake I would be more than fine so in my experience, especially as LSD can actually increase my physical capability at reasonable doses, all good. Reminds me of Boom 2006 Smile

Anything towards 200ug and I get periods my mind can go blank for a few small seconds which would not be ideal in deep water. Anything above 350ug and I'd definately be risking death... or making love to fish wish is in itself its own kind of trouble.

DmnStr8
#9 Posted : 7/19/2018 12:23:48 AM

Come what may

You could always get a kiddie pool and splash around... maybe a slip and slide?! Go run through the sprinklers! All these options would be fun on LSD!

DmnStr8 attached the following image(s):
summer_reditbigredratchet.jpg (252kb) downloaded 156 time(s).
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

Loveall
#10 Posted : 7/19/2018 1:03:41 AM

โค๏ธโ€🔥

soulfood wrote:
I would quite happily swim on anything up to 150ug in still waters. I'm not a strong enough swimmer in choppy seas even when sober but in a still lake I would be more than fine so in my experience, especially as LSD can actually increase my physical capability at reasonable doses, all good. Reminds me of Boom 2006 Smile

Anything towards 200ug and I get periods my mind can go blank for a few small seconds which would not be ideal in deep water. Anything above 350ug and I'd definately be risking death... or making love to fish wish is in itself its own kind of trouble.

Your Avatar's face... I think it read your mind (!)

soulfood
#11 Posted : 7/19/2018 1:54:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Loveall wrote:
soulfood wrote:
Anything above 350ug and I'd definately be risking death... or making love to fish wish is in itself its own kind of trouble.

Your Avatar's face... I think it read your mind (!)

Don't mean to be a buzz kill but that there is a whale, therefore a mammal. Plus that Whale in my avatar is heaps beached so any love-making would in no way be consensual, regardless of it species.

Northerner
#12 Posted : 7/19/2018 4:19:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So tempted to grammar nazi you for being a buzz kill soulfood. Laughing
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

null24
#13 Posted : 7/19/2018 4:38:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I spent twelve hours in a swimming pool once listening to saucerful of secrets on repeat. Ever heard interstellar overdrive underwater?

Was i on acid?

Big grin
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*ฮณฮฝแฟถฮธฮน ฯƒฮตฮฑฯ…ฯ„ฯŒฮฝ*

endlessness
#14 Posted : 7/19/2018 5:38:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To op:

If you are asking the question, probably not....

And to expand on the answer: it depends on your experience and the dosage. If you are asking the question, im supposing you have probably not consumed enough times in the intended dosage in different settings to know how you react, how much you are aware of your surroundings and if you are ever deluded or have your motor skills negatively affected in a serious way during the trip.

I have been several times swimming on acid in different types of places and had a great time, in fact some of my most memorable trips were in beautiful beaches or waterfalls... but I knew the dosage and I had enough experience (both with acid as well as sober swimming in those places) to know I was 100% in control of my faculties and body skills so I was safe.

If you ever get enough experience, conclude youd be safe and decide to do it, then apply common sense: dont do it in dangerous waters, start with very low dosage, have a sitter, etc.

If you are not sure, dont do it.

pinkoyd
#15 Posted : 7/19/2018 9:16:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extraordinary knowledgeSenior Member

Since your main concern is about vasoconstriction and muscle cramps some things you can do to minimize their occurence are to keep well hydrated and/or use a vasodilator in conjunction with the acid. Those might incude L-arginine or harmala alks. Harmalas however would not be a good idea if it's your first time mixing with acid.

Aside from that use sensible precautions like not going out too far or exerting yourself too strenuously.

I agree too with endlessness's general recommendations above.
I already asked Alice.

AwesomeUsername
#16 Posted : 7/19/2018 9:57:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, it's safe, and it's actually quite enjoyable...

One of my favorite things to do on acid actually. Just make sure you don't take too much, because well... you could drown unintentionally. If you keep the doses common I find it is quite the experience.

I went to the public pool few times on acid, and I like it more than swimming stoned because the visuals really look super cool in those closed public pools, as if they were designed by an acid head. Also, the visual effect of water dripping once you dive out gets intensified majorly making some pretty funky fractal show that you wouldn't notice otherwise. I highly recommend it.

Also a few fun activities you could do on acid is go for a bike ride, man... there's really something to it. The way you feel light as air, with racing thoughts and all the usual visuals coupled with motion blur. I can only imagine how Hoffmann felt during his first acid trip.

Still haven't got an experience with swimming in a lake, but being in nature underneath a moonlight on acid surely has a creepy, sinister, yet haunting and mystical atmosphere attached to it. If I were to guess, actually swimming would be a blast, more so heavenly than on hash but than again acid > hash anytime IME.

I wish you a good trip, man... I miss acid just typing about it. Hoping to get some soon myself, it's been long since I danced with Lucy but the memory of the good times we had never seem to fade.

dragonrider
#17 Posted : 7/19/2018 10:20:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
To op:

If you are asking the question, probably not....

And to expand on the answer: it depends on your experience and the dosage. If you are asking the question, im supposing you have probably not consumed enough times in the intended dosage in different settings to know how you react, how much you are aware of your surroundings and if you are ever deluded or have your motor skills negatively affected in a serious way during the trip.

I have been several times swimming on acid in different types of places and had a great time, in fact some of my most memorable trips were in beautiful beaches or waterfalls... but I knew the dosage and I had enough experience (both with acid as well as sober swimming in those places) to know I was 100% in control of my faculties and body skills so I was safe.

If you ever get enough experience, conclude youd be safe and decide to do it, then apply common sense: dont do it in dangerous waters, start with very low dosage, have a sitter, etc.

If you are not sure, dont do it.

I wasn't realy worried on how i would react myself, but more about vasoconstriction and possible muscle cramps as a result.

from your and awesomeusername's responses i'm thinking that it should not be that much of a problem.

And damnst8, i love that photo. Laughing

TotalTotalness
#18 Posted : 7/20/2018 12:13:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A week ago i learned how to swim on 200-250 ug of acid and alcohol, but even though i havent managed to get drown, although it was friday the 13th, it could've ended with more than just puking in the lake, seeing how cocky i was when going to the deep end.

Baelor
#19 Posted : 7/20/2018 7:15:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Swimming in a deep lake/river, unable to see through the blackness below, can introduce panic. At least I get a feeling of discomfort when swimming. Doing it on psychedelics is out of question for me. Maybe stay close to the edge?
Running on the other hand feels awesome on LSD.

Doc Buxin
#20 Posted : 7/20/2018 9:11:05 PM

Pay No Mind

First, a disclaimer: There is absolutely nothing safe about living, being alive, etc. Power-hungry people over the millennia have attempted to legislate safety and all that ends up happening is that the inherent freedoms & liberties that each of us are gifted with by the Universe when we are born become endangered and oppressive, slave culture develops, whether it be communist, fascist or what have you. Now, with my disclaimer out of the way...

Dragonrider, since you asked, for the sake of sharing experiences (which everybody on here knows I love to do), I will relate my experience on this issue.

I have been swimming hundreds of times on LSD. That being said, I have tripped on LSD (literally) thousands of times ranging from micro-dosing (1 mcg) all the way to 1 mg+ doses (which I do not condone nor endorse) and every dosage possible in between those two extremes.

Now, I have always chosen, very consciously I might add, to swim while on acid in swimming places that I feel very safe in. I don't ever go anywhere that I don't feel relatively safe (it is impossible to be 100% safe all the time; heck, you could die just getting out of bed in the morning, so don't kid yourself) while tripping on any psychedelic. I boils down to using good 'ol common sense so as to not make a great trip into a horrific one.

When I was young, early on in my heavy-acid-tripping days (19-early 20's), I came to the realization that swimming with my family (dad, mom, brothers) in the family pool we had grown up in was a pure joy. My family did not know that I was tripping (usually these trips would range from 150-300 mcg. & I was just finding out that I could easily perform any physical task with amazing agility and grace within that dosage range) and they are loving, kind people, so it was a special treat for me to do this, especially since I no longer lived with my parents and was visiting. Once, I told my good friend and very first tripping buddy about this phenomenon and he was like, "I wanna swim on acid with your parents & brothers too dude! That sounds fun! They always crack me up laughing anyway!" So we went swimming on acid with my family in their pool and had a blast one night.

I have swam in various natural bodies of water on acid since then, but only when I felt it was absolutely a good, easy, non-dangerous thing to undertake.

One time I got the chance to swim to an tiny island (literally a couple hundred square feet) a mile off shore in the warm, tropical waters of the Indian Ocean on acid. I would have never attempted this alone because I've never been one to swim in the ocean and have always felt a wee bit scared of the deep waters where I couldn't tell what was underneath me (the original "Jaws" movie absolutely ruined ocean swimming for me just as I was about to enter jr. high school). The only reason that I got the opportunity to do this was because I was hanging with a bunch of young men that did it for a living nearly every day of their lives and they wanted me to come along with them and experience what they did every day (they did not know that I was on acid at the time). It was truly amazing and I will never forget it!

For the last decade, the wife & I discovered that we really enjoyed canoeing on the river we live close to while microdosing LSD. I grew up boating & swimming on this particular stretch of river & know it intimately. It can be a very dangerous, swift river that has some seriously deep undercurrents & evil snags. Again though, simply living by some common sense rules & knowledge, we usually can always find mild, calm see-to-the-bottom or see-almost-to-the-bottom swim holes on our various canoe routes that are eminently enjoyable on a hot day!

So, remember, it is possible and can be safe to swim on LSD, if one knows their limits, abilities and comfort levels before hand. If one doesn't know these basic things about themselves yet, they probably shouldn't do anything or go anywhere anyway, especially not on a psychedelic!!! LOL!Laughing
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate