We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
How did you come across DMT and whats your occupation? Options

Shane237
#41 Posted : 2/20/2008 3:31:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

First heard of DMT bout a year ago (Spice has been kinda slow to hit Australia, still hasn't really), through a friend and the net. Then more through Strassman's The Spirit Molecule. What intrigued me most were the trip reports and dealings with entities As I am interested in things to do with The Occult. I thought it may be a way of contacting spirits or what have you.

I am 22, And Iam a Singer/Guitarist and I Paint.
'Seasons dont fear the reaper
Nor do the wind
The sun or the rain'

"We can be like they are"

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

openarmsforall
#42 Posted : 2/20/2008 5:13:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

hey all,

I first ran across DMT years ago in the Erowid psyhoactive vaults. I had just begun my quest into the world of psychoactives and psychedelia, and the sheer wealth of info and experiences on erowid propelled and compelled me to dive purther and eplore every facet of inebriation. Kinda like I was using training wheels, but when I saw a rocket ship, i decided to strap it to the bike. Now here I am. 21, I work for my family learning how to sell annuities and manage wealth for individuals and corporations. But I do not do this yet. I'm just kind of the office bitch right now, and i feel like it's directing all of the positive energy of my being into a void- but not the DMT or Ketamine void- just absolute nothingness. I feel very alone, I feel very sad, an the only people who com close to understanding who and where I come from are you guys, here and at the nook and aya forums folks. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I feel like you guys are better friends to me than most everyone in my life. I really hope we could all get together and meet someday. But until then, we are all enigmatic contributors of light guidance and inspiration to on another, so that we may symbiotically benefit in decoding the enigma of being. I found DMT because the general concensus is that it is the most powerful psychedelic known to man, and I can't think of any better way to begin from a tabula rasa than with a little insight on the way there. I just want to attain peak experiencs, for life holds little value without them to me. Perhaps the insights revelation and knowledge we've gained will ultimately benevolently alter the course of not only human, but collective beings. We're all in this together.... even if you can only feel the 39-armed cycloptic squidscorpion lick the inside of your corpus callosum for a few minutes a week....he's still there when you can no longer see him. and we're all in this together.

love, light, and ultimately sightCool

sattwa23
#43 Posted : 3/18/2008 1:51:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey, all psychedelic shamanic folks there! Smile And, orguello, thanks a million for starting this cool thread! It's so interesting and really inspiring to read your stories folks! Wink

So, I'm 31 y.o. male from Moscow, Russia. But sometimes I'm not quite sure Laughing I earn my living working as executive director of an advertising agency. I live with my beloved wife, no children yet. But we are working on that Wink
First time I ran into a changing of states of consciousness at the age of 6. It's a long story how it happened, but I just realized that we were not immortals Crying or very sad Wink Then I began to practice what later appeared to be rather deep meditative tecniques Shocked Later it was just school years and all that jazz. At the age of 15 I first tried MJ and fell in love with her. Later in the early 90's there was some sort of psychedelic and rave music revolution here. Our society was changing dramatically as well. At this time I began to experiment with every drug and psychedelic substance I could lay my hands on Cool No wonder I ended up as an H addict. And it was hell for 6 years untill one day I met a great granddaddy from India Wink So, I began to practice some yoga. After several years I just realized that I have activated 5th brain contour of neuro-somatic ecstasy (acc. to Leary's concept) and surely it was great, but I had in plans something more than to be high all the time on universe unity and love Wink So, I was back to society and made a career in cinema business and later in advertising. Well, it was not so easy as it sounds taking into consideration my general attitude to social life Cool Anyway I am glad as I've learned how to deal with that crazy consensus reality!
As to DMT, first I met this word while reading McKenna's "Food of the Gods". No doubts I was IMPRESSED!!! By that time I had A LOT of psychedelic experiences. My fav was shrooms. But I tried spice only years after that reading. It happened when I was not using any substance for years Smile I was totally happy w/rare meditations and rarest holothropic breathwork. Well, now I am spice fan, it gives me A LOT! As I am newcomer to that scene, I never tried to prepare spice myself, I am bying it ready. But I feel it's time to make a proper research on subject. Cool
As to social situation I am in, I guess I have much in common with Coschi Smile I am sick and tired of damn office work, so yesterday I spoke to owner of the agency in which I work and since today I am working by free schedule, though may be will have less money Smile But I will have more time to research on WHO I am and WHERE I am going and WHY Cool I have in plans (and I'm working hard on that!) to start my own business in a year or year and a half - it will be sound and video facilities studio working for cinema and advertising folks. Then after making a proper buck, me and my old pal and business partner we are planning to re-arrange a studio slightly to produce any crazy shamanic electronic music we will discover all over the Globe Cool I am sure THIS WWILL BE! Very happy

Sorry for providing you w/such a long reading! Smile Universe bless you, my friends! Glad to find this great forum, indeed! Very happy
~let the beauty be around you~

sattwa23
#44 Posted : 3/18/2008 2:15:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh, sorry for several mistakes, but English is not my native... Smile

MalargueZiggy
#45 Posted : 3/18/2008 8:20:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dmt v rocciy. xorowo!

i, ahem, i sell advertising. good times! i keep my psychedelic experiences and the working world strictly separated. i've known about dmt/aya for a couple of years, found out about it through erowid as am the only one in my circle of acquaintances to venture beyond the odd mushie experience. still figuring out my response to it.
"Language is a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes for bears to dance to, while all the time we long to move the stars to pity." - Flaubert

I do not engage in or condone illegal activities. Most of what I write is on behalf of people I've bumped into, usually several years ago and in countries where the things I mention are legal.

Sinewave
#46 Posted : 3/20/2008 6:31:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am a graphic/web designer, with some experience in advertising.

I heard about DMT almost 10 years ago on a Terrence McKenna CD. I was heavily interested in psychedelics at the time, but could never find anything but LSD and very occasionally mushrooms. Later I took a 6 year break from any substance, and recently discovered that I could make my own spice. 9 years of waiting ended... and cacti are soon to follow in that way.

endlessness
#47 Posted : 3/21/2008 1:50:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hello

I am from Dreamland, 23 years old, very soon getting my psychologist diploma. Im also working part time with kids (I have mixed ideas on what to do when Im a psychologist. Either researching/working with entheogens, or trying to design a better educational system haha)

I was always a ´rebel´ kid at school, but also a bit of a loner, never really a very social person. When I was 13 I got into Bob Marley and weed. Then at 15 I started going to psytrance parties, where in the beginning my ´rebelliousness´ was still without a proper direction, so I took ecstasy and sniffed ether a few times.

Then I took my first acid in a party, and realized how all people are like ´actors´, how we all have masks hiding our true selves. I also saw all these patterns in people´s behaviours, and all these hidden functions in my mind, and this made me interested in psychology. I also saw how the universe is much more alive then we think. I also realized that ´fun´ drugs like E are shit, and I went full psychedelic from then on.

Still as a teenager, a few friends knew a place in nature with waterfalls and cow fields where we could pick mushrooms, so I also started taking shrooms, to learn about myself and the world.

At the same time I was reading the likes of Robert Anton Wilson, Mckenna, Leary, Grof, Huxley, and also reading erowid like a fanatic. Then I read Gurdjieff, which even though doesnt mention directly psychedelics, is still the author of the most mind-bending and life-changing writtings ever, for me.

I dont know when strictly I learned about dmt, but it was somewhere in those teenage times. My first experience was actually through ayahuasca. First in Santo Daime church, which I really didnt like (felt they are too ´stuck´, like any religion, in all their dogmas and rules). Then I had an amaaaaaaaazing experience with a real Shaman from a native tribe, about which I posted here . Then, finally, I was able to try dmt, and now some person who isnt me (haha) learned extracting Smile

sattwa23
#48 Posted : 3/23/2008 6:22:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MalargueZiggy wrote:
dmt v rocciy. xorowo!

i, ahem, i sell advertising. good times! i keep my psychedelic experiences and the working world strictly separated. i've known about dmt/aya for a couple of years, found out about it through erowid as am the only one in my circle of acquaintances to venture beyond the odd mushie experience. still figuring out my response to it.

Hi! Nice to hearing from you! Yeah, there is DMT in Russia Very happy But I can't say it makes a big way Very happy Vodka and stimulators are much more popular here :evil:
I guess you are quite right not mixing these 2 parts of your life together Wink Know some people who did and then paid a huge price Crying or very sad Sometimes I'm sort of jealous thinking 'bout musicians or painters... Perhaps, you are more free guys in using what helps you and gives inspiration Wink

sattwa23
#49 Posted : 3/23/2008 9:38:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
hello

Then I had an amaaaaaaaazing experience with a real Shaman from a native tribe, about which I posted here .

Wow, man! What a great experience you did have! Smile Good luck in all of your other journeys! Smile

adrian89987
#50 Posted : 3/24/2008 1:22:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Currently a Biochemistry student at Ga Tech.
Had my first trip (musrhooms)when I was 16 and then my first acid trip a week after that. I instantly fell in love with psychedelics. Ever since then I have been on a incredible spiritual journey and my wonder for the universe has been growing all the time.
First got some bark last year around this time with my first experience being with making a mimosa brew.

endlessness
#51 Posted : 3/26/2008 9:02:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sattwa23 wrote:
endlessness wrote:
hello

Then I had an amaaaaaaaazing experience with a real Shaman from a native tribe, about which I posted here .

Wow, man! What a great experience you did have! Smile Good luck in all of your other journeys! Smile

thanks Smile it was indeed an amaznig experience.. maybe soon I shall have one again, but I gotta put some more of the lessons in practice...

good luck to you too Smile

PmcG
#52 Posted : 4/26/2008 12:55:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ya it was quite little journey for me, started out with looking up mediation music on youtube and somebody mentioned in their reply about lucid dreaming. I went and looked it up and realized how cool that was and browsed their forums...somebody mentioned a band called shpongle on em so i was back to youtube to look them up where i saw one of their songs called dmt and a shit load of comments about a drug called dmt!

supernatural
#53 Posted : 5/10/2008 6:50:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I took my first of many many acid trips at 15, smoked MJ since 14, have tried most (non-psychedelic) drugs, but always trips were my favourite. Have been deeply spiritual all my life, and apparently conflictingly to my drug use I have been Wiccan / pagan since 15 also. Now I realise it was only ever those other drugs that were conflicting with my spirituality, not the psychedelics! I tried mushrooms for the first time 3 weeks ago, and have had 3 -4 experiences with them now I absolutely love them- I can't wait til it rains again! Being in Australia where DMT is currently quite scarce, I had heard of it but didn't know anything about it until it came up in an online conversation a couple of months ago. So have been researching since then, and I know it's getting closer as a friend told me of his recent experience, the time's not right for me yet but it will be - there's a whole life ahead of me yet! I'm a 24 yr old female with a partner and child, and i currently work in accounts. But i do look a bit like a hippie (long dreadlocks haha) and wish to become a full time artist. Smile

endlessness
#54 Posted : 5/10/2008 3:38:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

supernatural wrote:
Being in Australia where DMT is currently quite scarce

not true Smile

australia is filled with dmt containing acacia plants (and psychonauts extracting it).. research on the extraction processes, and good luck Smile

rellik
#55 Posted : 5/10/2008 11:50:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

after seeing the flash video "flashback" by danny gomez which featured the song divine moments of truth by shpongle

im a space cadet
all of my posts are fictional. please interpret them as such.

rally
#56 Posted : 5/11/2008 4:01:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I first heard about DMT at a rainbow gathering. Consequently, this was the first time I ever used it, and I don't remember much of the experience. That was about 5 years ago. Since then, I have come across it only twice, until I decided to buck up and just get some. I have been heavily into using LSD as a spiritual tool, but at this point I hope I am not just driving myself crazy with it. The whole idea of the spirit, soul, and the general sense of "I am" is something that I have tumbled about it my head since I was 16 years old and first found out about psychadelic drugs. Sometimes I think I really am insane for stressing about why the hell I am. I'm an electrician, by the way, the run wires through commercial buildings and get shocked on a semi regular basis type.

TmC47
#57 Posted : 5/19/2008 9:22:55 PM

Nice guy

Got to know about spice many, many years ago. My rat tried its paws at synthesising DET, but ended with some isomeric TET-mixture instead. Bummer 'cause of no effects to lick any stamps for. Mant years of lurking the books and hearing the waves brought no practise, but my rat's ship did come in a couple of weeks ago. No breakthrough, because my rat is SOOOOOOOO careful of his health, but the seed WAS sown. Then his RC-vendor left before he could get any. And now he finds himself wanting to extract, contrary to his forte to use only pure chemicals DMT or 5Meo-DMT. However, he is greatly intrigued about the Jungle Spice phenomenon, so he'll ease up on his principles in this matter.
Now, I am a inorganic chemical analyst by profession, and I'm hoping to give my 2 cents worth in this DMT-world. I love good, well written instructions, and will endeavour to write up a set of them. I'll leave the TLC and GC/MS to the pro's and focus on extraction and assaying.
Love the site, and hope to show more of me in the future.
Peace.
benzyme wrote:
you're preparing drugs, not salad.

teonanactl
#58 Posted : 5/21/2008 3:13:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi

I am 21 years old and work in the custom injection plastic molding industry. I came across info about DMT years ago on Erowid but it has never crossed my path in day to day life. A couple of months ago I came on some posts by Entropymancer about Jungle Spice at another forum and my interest was re-awakened. I have since spent many hours reading and re-reading all the info I can and hope to try my hand at my first extraction in the very near future.

benzyme
#59 Posted : 5/25/2008 5:38:17 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

hyperreal drug archive (pre-erowid), and deoxy.org/terrencemckennaland circa 1995.
biochemist
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

medicine 4 the mind
#60 Posted : 6/2/2008 12:00:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hi, first of all i started smoking weed for a couple of years and eventually ran into shrooms and very quickly fell in love with them. then started to use E and coke but they wernt shit compared to shrooms. my mushroom use went way down when they got banned in the uk and that got me looking at legal alternatives HBWR/salvia/san pedro. ive always liked reading other peoples trip reports on the net and thats what led me to DMT. once i started reading about it i couldnt stop so i decided to do something about it. i followed a tek and got the goods and im so glad i did because that shit just blew me away, even though i heavily researched about the effects i just didnt expect that. anyways ive stopped smoking weed it just doesnt do it for me anymore, probably wont touch salvia extracts again but everything else i still like (even found a spot where shrooms grow near my house). i also work in the sterile services department in a hospital.
dont let the world shape who you are, let who you are shape the world

PREV1234NEXT