We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
How did you come across DMT and whats your occupation? Options

oarguello
#1 Posted : 11/19/2007 11:26:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

After reading many threads, I know some people cross all kinds of religious(and non religious) paths . But I wonder how did you come across DMT? More importantly how did your path lead you to DMT? And out of curiosity...whats your job? You can be as vague as you want...just dont be misleading like calling yourself a maintenance engineer when you are a janitor. You can answer all, some , or none of these questions (obviously). I am just really curious as to who the pioneers of DMT are and if there are any trends. I know its been around a long time but the DMT community is still really small but spreading. So all I can ask are the people currently communicating. My hypothesis is that there there might be some similarities in stories but no real trend as to profile a type of person. Hoping to hear from pizza delivery guys to lawayers and doctors As for me I grew up in a moderatley religious catholic household. Didnt even drink before college. I went to a really liberal college ( UC Berkeley) and experimented a little here and there and really expreimented my senior year. Ended up doing marijuana, E, cocaine once(didnt see the big deal) 2CB, GHB, absinthe and my favorite...SHROOOOOMS!!! I am in my late twenties now and havent done anything in years. Cqame across Joe Rogan talking about DMT and i just researched like mad about it. Saw a tek and decided to go for it. No regrets asside from wishing i learned about it in college. Currently I work as a manager at a biomedical device company

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Infinite I
#2 Posted : 11/19/2007 11:39:55 PM

JC

I came across DMT after reading David Ickes books, in the book he said he took ayahuasca it was the first psychadelic he ever tried, and he said all sorts of crazy things about the nature of reality and how this world is an illusion and ayahuasca showed him this. He said we are all one and infinite conciousness, all an expression of the same thing (hence my sig) He said theres a differnece between knowing your the one and beleiveing your the one so I thought oh ill just take ayahuasca and ill know then ill be oh so clever so I started reading on ayahuasca forums http://forums.ayahuasca.com/phpbb/index.php I learned ayahuasca isnt quite like that, just take it and youl know and after reading on it I started talking to someone from my area and they had some DMT. I was very naive to what it was and just smoked away my first time, well I got the shock of a lifetime I started screaming really loudly was just such a shock and felt as if I was trying to expell this large ball of emotion in me and the only way to get rid of it was by screaming and crying, it was amazing ! lol Id took loads of LSD mushrooms mdma the majority of drugs we could get our hands on but this was BEYOND! lol I think at the time I needed that, a sort of prooof of what Icke said in his books, a short sharp shock like smoked DMT rather than taking aya and having a hard time on it and never touching it again. Ive had a few aya journeys, but most have been dissapointing, but then im doing it for different reasons now not just "for a buzz" so think the shortnesss of the smoking hit was what I needed, to prove that I am a spirit in a body, and that proved that!! Shocked I do plan on working with aya though I dont want to be scared off it so im just going to work with cappi then start to add admizture, tho I do have some rue and mimosa ready so might hit that, but ive learned its more than just a buzz. Oh and I work with adults with learning difficulties, and sorry for being so long ! Peace and Love

oarguello
#3 Posted : 11/20/2007 12:08:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks INFINITE 1. Pretty suprising you were well read with AYA and just jumped( or drowned) in to the DMT pool. In a way im jealous that you had a somewhat 'pure' DMT experience. Sometimes i feel i am somewhat tainted by all the DMT research ive done. But then again thats part of my path that lead me to even trying DMT. Hope your other experiences with DMT werent so ....obtuse and abrasive.

Infinite I
#4 Posted : 11/20/2007 12:19:01 AM

JC

Na ive had lots of great experiences, even the first experience was great, and yes I hardly knew a thing about it I was more concerned wether it would work at the time had no idea really was shockingly surprised lol I did get lost in a pool of DMT, stopped reading bout aya and just read about the spice, made it, bought mhrb thought about it listened to music about it, now im back to thinking bout the aya with more of a respect for it ! Very happy Think I might be tainted by aya research though I have been reading bout it for ages, and loads recently. I get loads out of smoked DMT like unbeleivable amounts, but I do forget a lot I think and it is really fast, still its the best thing thats ever happened to me, dont even see it as a drug ! more a technology of conciousness lol Peace and Love

WSaged
#5 Posted : 11/20/2007 1:08:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I learned of DMT back in 1993 when I was 19 yrs old and the small town in Nebraska that I grew up in was having our own "summer of love" almost all of the teenagers in town were turning on to very pure acid with pictures of "Felix The Cat" on it. By the middle of the summer we all were experiencing a group mind type of thing. Reading "The Electric Coolaid Acid Test" a year or two later reminded me of the mindset of that summer 100%, you were either on the bus or off the bus and no one had to say anything. It was wonderful!! I moved to Arizona at the end of the summer, the vibe in the town turned to narcotics soon after, I moved just in time. During that time I was researching everything I could on psycedellics and read about DMT in a number of books. It was 13 years later (actually only 3 weeks ago) that I finally got to try DMT. For thirteen years I asked every head, dealer, junkie, and friend I knew if they could get some for me, most had never even heard of it. So, about 4 months ago I was introduced to Salvia Divinorum, and as I started researching everything I could on Salvia, everything I found eventually led me to more info on DMT. I found out about being able to extract it from various plants ect... and then found the teks. So, about 2 months ago I ordered some salvia extract from a vender on the web, and low and behold, much to my fucking suprise, my [i:e3f90c1510][u:e3f90c1510]5 grams[/u:e3f90c1510][/i:e3f90c1510] of salvia extract arrived with a [b:e3f90c1510]FREE[/b:e3f90c1510] sample of 1 pound of MHRB [b:e3f90c1510]AND[/b:e3f90c1510] 1 pound powdered MHRB!!!! TWO pounds of MHRB!!! I had been researching and planning (collecting teks & the equipment and chems) to do a Mimosa extraction but figured it would take me a while to collect all of the stuff & order the Mimosa, I'm not made of money and I didn't think it would be a great idea to order it all at once anyway. But I took this Mimosa showing up at my doorstep, [b:e3f90c1510]for fucking free[/b:e3f90c1510], as a sign that DMT had finally found me, after I had been searching out DMT for 13 years. I mean, in a matter of 1 & 1/2 weeks I learned about DMT existing in legal plants, how easy it is do a Mimosa extraction, then the Mimosa knocks on my door. I figured I better listen up and get to work. I've got the tek down pat now, I've just finnished my third extract and it is clean as a new fallen snow (can't say that about extract #1) and my freinds and I have finally discovered the dome!!! Which by the way, I love the fact that I extracted it myself and I can freely share it with my close freinds, some of whom had never heard of it before I turned them on, lucky fuckers!!!! Sometimes I to think I may have infuenced my experiences with too much research on DMT(13 years worth), can't imagine what it would be like going into it never having heard the legend, not knowing what to expect. I work as a CD Mastering engineer. When a band or whatever has finished recording and mixing a group of songs, I'm the guy that puts them all together into a finnished CD and makes it sound all professional & polished and get it up to the standard loudness level of a CD you'd buy in a store. Mastering is the difference between your buddies CD sounding like your buddies CD, or a professional release. I also do some recording and mixing here and there, and I teach Recording 1 and Digital Audio 1 & 2 at a collage in the area. Yes, I'm the one teaching your children. MUHAHAHAHA (evil laughter) Intereasting thread!!!! Cheers WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

DMTripper
#6 Posted : 11/20/2007 2:19:20 AM

John Murdoch IV

I had shrooms for the first time when I was 18, that's 13 years ago!! Wow time just flies. Well for years I would eat loads of shrooms every fall when they grow wild all over where I come from. Those experiences led me to the book Invisible Landscape written by Dennis and Terrence McKenna so that's where I heard of DMT for the first time probably around 8 years ago. Then around 2-3 years ago I started reading more and more and get more interested and beginning of 2007 I did my first extraction and had my first DMT experience. And wow this stuff is powerful. So powerful that I decided to not do more experimenting until certain difficulties were over in my life. I did another extraction 2 months ago but I haven't tried out that batch. And that extraction was a bit of a failure. I got a lot out of the rootbark but somehow lost most of it while trying to clean the spice. Well I'm getting ready to lunch again soon Razz And now I'm working part time in technical services for an ISP and a phone company. But going for a job interview tomorrow. I tend to change jobs every 3-6 months average Razz Good thread Smile
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Viracocha
#7 Posted : 11/20/2007 8:09:59 AM

..still lc..

fucking windows shit explorer fuck close on me fuck I WAS ALMOST DONE! argh round two.. Since always i loved electronics. Built myself all kinds of stuff from car alarms with mobile phones (they call you when they go off), to guitar pedals (designing them too), the top notch valve preamps (some are in small studios around melbourne) so i went and studied electronic engineering, got a job at NEC designing chips for 3G mobile phones (asic design) and moved to a trendy alternative inner-city part of Melbourne (Fitzroy). I had smoked dope pretty much since i could roll a joint, tried acid once or twice and had a few pills. I was always massively interested in psychedelics although had only ever heard of a few, and wasn't exposed to much in the previous area i used to live in; like i said, was always fascinated by them though Anyway, wondering around oneday i found a headshop and took a look inside. Started chatting to the guy and after a bit he brought out the under the counter goods. Nothing was explicitly marked what it was, but there were some philosophers stone shrooms $60 for 6 grams, some 'dreamtime' $50 for a gram, and some pau d'arco leaf $100 for a gram. I thought, well, if it's a $100 it's gotta do something. So i went home, loaded up a pipe (only small) and had my first ever taste of dmt (although i had no idea that's what it was). I went back to the shop and said 'what the fuck was that!?', he couldn't really say apparently due to legality but told me the two key words, acacia and tryptamine. After some searching i realised what it was, and smoked more and more. I never really read much (more of a hands on learner), i didn't even know you could breakthrough until i found myself in this big fucking place once, full of light and substance i had never dreamed possible; although i always knew was there if that makes sense.. etc etc.. i was buying $100 a week, got stuck into their shrooms, tried salvia and others. learnt more, extracted, learnt learnt, grew shrooms, learnt, ate a LOT of acid etc.. realised i was wasting my fucking life working as an engineer, like i cared for the company, for what they want.. etc.. quit, have started a business, am in the process of getting myself qualified to be a cable guy (fuck office work, and fuck having a boss. engineering didn't pay shit, cable guy you wouldn't believe what they can earn here - all i want is a house so i have equity to start my cafe/restaurant/bar <- my one dream that has always been there). I'm 24, i want my cafe by the time i'm 30. I should be working within 6 weeks In a nutshell, DMT was the first psychedelic i really experienced. It opened me up to one of the most fascinating and mentally stimulating experiences i'd never imagined possible. Sweet sweet bud has always been my friend. But it was the mushrooms that made me realise I was throwing my life away working as an engineer for someone else

WSaged
#8 Posted : 11/20/2007 3:14:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote:fb06634a7d]fucking windows shit explorer fuck close on me fuck I WAS ALMOST DONE! argh round two.. [/quote:fb06634a7d] God I fucking hate that!!!!!!!!!! WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

oarguello
#9 Posted : 11/20/2007 3:58:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote:01ccb5d67b="Coschi"] etc etc.. i was buying $100 a week, [/quote:01ccb5d67b] Wow good thing you learned you can extract DMT on your own! Glad to see everyone does come from different walks of life. Kinda funny how some people just happen to run into it while others have read about it for a decade and finally tried it. Meanwhile i heard about it from Joe Rogan. For those of you dont know who he was the host of Fear Factor....yeah the Fear factor guy.Sheesh. Hes aslo a stand up comedian and does commentary in UFC fights. Hes actually a really smart guy and has some interesting theories. Some are whacko though....like he said we never landed on the moon. WOW! But not too suprising or shocking because there is a committee near my town (a city of conservative rich people) who believe the world is flat!!!!! Only theories more absurd than that can actually shock me.

WSaged
#10 Posted : 11/20/2007 4:46:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote:0a712660f3]there is a committee near my town (a city of conservative rich people) who believe the world is flat!!!!! Only theories more absurd than that can actually shock me.[/quote:0a712660f3] How bout' this one, There is a group of folks that seriously believe that up around the north pole there is a giant hole that leads into the "hollow earth" where there is a completely separate society of people or morlocks or something!!! I guess volcanoes are just thier sewer systems overflowing, hah! Its called "hollow earth theory" I heard about it on "Coast to Coast AM" a late night AM radio show that caters to wierd and off the path theorys &amp; the people who come up with them, aliens, bigfoot, gov't conspiracies ect... Terrence and Dennis McKenna have both been interviewed on CTCAM before about DMT, ayauasca &amp; psycedellics in general. You can download them from the McKenna webste, I can't remember the exact URL, been a while since I've been there. I listen to CTCAM sometimes when I can't get to sleep. There are times when the guest is interesting and what their talking about makes you really think. Other times the guests are just paranoid borderline retards, but the host almost always feeds into them and accepts what they say as full on truth, Its great. lol anyway, sorry I highjacked this thread. WS

oarguello
#11 Posted : 11/20/2007 5:48:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote=" How bout' this one, There is a group of folks that seriously believe that up around the north pole there is a giant hole that leads into the "hollow earth" where there is a completely separate society of people or morlocks or something!!! I guess volcanoes are just thier sewer systems overflowing, hah! [/quote] Sounds like some people read too much Tolkien and watch too many movies. And here in California people drive like theyve played too many video games Although I am sure some of those people would think we are nutty when we desrcibe our psychedellic experiences. It would be like describing the the atomic theory to an acient african tribe. When I first took shrooms i couldnt belive something like this existed on earth! And now back to our regularly scheduled program.... The reason i put this post is because people who are not in the scene ( whatever scene that might be) have stereotypes. As soon as you say psychedellic people just think hippies, saying drugs evokes a sense of 'losers' to non users. My point is that I knew DMT users would be varied even though the community is really small. That isnt because only losers use drugs...but there are different reasons people take psychedellics. A spiritualistic will seek the introspection, an escapist will trip out on how crazy the experience is, a biologist/doctor will be fascinated by the neurochemical mechanisms, etc. Non-psychedellic drugs dont seem to carry these motivations....they jsut get you really high like NOS, GHB, or Cocaine.... or am i just stereotyping because im not into those 'scenes'?

WSaged
#12 Posted : 11/20/2007 7:50:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[quoteVery happy5e508b1cb]Non-psychedellic drugs dont seem to carry these motivations....they jsut get you really high like NOS, GHB, or Cocaine.... or am i just stereotyping because im not into those 'scenes'?[/quoteVery happy5e508b1cb] No your not!! I've been into those scenes in the past and the big difference that I noticed is that narcotics seem to shut down one aspect of the body/mind in order for something else to emerge stonger. Psychedellics seem to open up all, or most of your scences to a new and more profound operational level. Psychedellics also leave you with knowledge (depending on how they are used, I guess), or a least a new way of "seeing" the world we live in. Narcotics just leave you wanting more &amp; more &amp; more until you go broke and then you go crazy. Then, when your finnaly down, your get depressed at the least, or if you really let yourself go, you get to experience withdrawls. It may not be a huge thing, but I'm 32 now, I did my acid thing (large doses, often etc..) when I was 19 - 20, and I can still to this day, look at the beauty of a tree swaying in the breeze and see the life and soul of it. Before I took psychedellics I never even noticed how beautiful and truly alive the earth is, and the simplicity of being content to just be!!! I haven't done acid for probably 8 years now and I can still feel this connection with all living things. When I was doing coke &amp; heroin ect..., all I ever felt was disconnected from everything and an uncontrollable [bVery happy5e508b1cb]need[/bVery happy5e508b1cb] for more. Lets put it this way, I recently started extracting DMT from MHRB, and I [iVery happy5e508b1cb]love[/iVery happy5e508b1cb] the fact that I can turn on my freinds for free and spread the love and enlightenment to everyone close to me who wants to try. With narcotics it is the polar opposite!! freindships where broken off over a $10 bag. Some folks even lie &amp; steal from family &amp; freinds just for a temporary fix!! There is a defined line between Psycs &amp; narcs in my mind. One makes [bVery happy5e508b1cb][iVery happy5e508b1cb]love[/iVery happy5e508b1cb][/bVery happy5e508b1cb], the other makes [bVery happy5e508b1cb][iVery happy5e508b1cb]money[/iVery happy5e508b1cb][/bVery happy5e508b1cb]. At least thats my experiences. WS[/i]

DreaMTripper
#13 Posted : 11/20/2007 9:20:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Customer sales rep from the uk. Ever since i had my first acid at 15 (and what an amazing trip it was) i have been intrigued in psycedelics. I lost interest a bit for about 6or 7 years due to depression, drink and uppers. Have smoked weed non stop since i was 15 however. Maybe a year or so ago i went on erowid and had my eyes open to the immense variety of psycs out there and came across dmt, salvia, and peruvian torch. As the latter were legal and easy to get i bought my first vial of salvia and was amaze

DreaMTripper
#14 Posted : 11/20/2007 9:29:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was amazed how profoundly powerful this drug was. I had many trips over the last year or so mostly good but was still fascinated by the lucidity and beauty of dmt trips that salvia seemed to lack. So i took my interest further and began researching extraction technique for my friend. He failed a few months ago but attempted again last month with great success. Hes yet to achieve breakthrough (his friend did) but has enjoyed the trips so far. In the after glow he noticed crystal clear rational thought.

demius
#15 Posted : 11/20/2007 9:32:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

well, I learned about a lot of substances through the shroomery, particularly salvia and dmt. immediately after trying salvia for the first time, I knew I wanted dmt. Spent the next year+ reading trip reports, articles about it, Spirit Molecule, everything I could find. once the time was right, it was extracted and tasted 20 years old, student

DreaMTripper
#16 Posted : 11/20/2007 9:35:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

And a great sense of natural well being in which he got past some issues. They just didnt seem important anymore he was worrying for no reason. Dmt spiritual? I dont know realy but profound and incredible it sure is! Smile (Sorry this has broke up into parts my phone can only do so many characters at a time)

acolon_5
#17 Posted : 11/21/2007 2:05:42 PM

The Great Namah

Interest in psychoactives came to me at an early age, and by 16 I was a full-blown drug geek. There has always been alot of interest in pharmacology. I was getting into botanicals and read about Aya, shortly after that I found out that a simple extraction from MHRB was within my grasp. My very first extraction was a many years ago when DMT World was still up and running. I didn't know about the difference between Xylene and Naptha and had no idea about freeze precip. So I did a standard A/B using HCL and NaOH and a pull with Xylene. I didn't get crystals but a nice big red pile of goop. I didn't have anything but a spoon and a funnel, but it did the trick. Unfortunately it irritated my asthma so much that I was loath to try it again, until recently. I read Dr. Rick Strausmans (sp) Spirit Molecule and that peaked my interest alot. I have always struggled with spirituality, and have looked and practiced many different paths. I felt that DMT might help me on my journey. I then started reading Terrence McKenna's accounts and ideas... I was beyond intrigued. Other psycadellics I have taken (a great plethora) have been great for self-analysis and deeper insight into myself, but not mystical, or spiritual. DMT Strangely enough, I am an accountant... (kinda baffles me at times) Anyway, I am grateful for this site... I belong to another forum, but it just doesn't have enough intelligent conversations about DMT (Where can I find it, who sells it, It is cool, is it like huffing glue, etc..etc..) although has great discussions about other psycadellics.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Big Inhale
#18 Posted : 11/21/2007 3:57:15 PM

The Enlightend One

26 years old Swim has smoked weed since 11 and puffs everyday At 15 swim ate shrooms then acid Swim has tripped many many times Swim has done coke and Rolls many times also a friend told swim about dmt and it peaked his interest but figured it would be impossible to aquire considering his friends have never heard of it also the teks out there took like a month to complete some more research was done strassmans book was read Then nomans tech was found and success was achieved now swim and his friends enjoy experimenting swim is a Juggalo swim is a roofer and part time cook swim has kids and a family
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

oarguello
#19 Posted : 11/21/2007 5:43:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote:04b00b2efb="Big Inhale"]26 years old swim is a Juggalo swim is a roofer and part time cook swim has kids and a family[/quote:04b00b2efb] I am 28 (close to your age)and it never even crossed my mind that people may have kids and a family. But of course thats just my ego...expecting people to be in the same situation as me. Not sure if I would still experiment with kids around. Hopefully I can, I just dont want to be a hypocrit if they want to experiment. at a early age.

kaos.underwave
#20 Posted : 11/23/2007 12:23:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

found out about dmt from McKenna in June, found out about extraction from this place this molecules opened up a huge new area for us here Me and my trusty cohorts are students in the uk and also students of the nature of existence ours is a torch that will burn bright into the millenia to come and one that will be felt across the world I love the way we're all connected by one tiny molecule...
Onwards and upwards

123NEXT»