We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Long term grain master storage Options

sauSage
#1 Posted : 7/5/2018 8:32:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Anyone have any experience with storing a grain master for longer than 30 days? I'm looking to store one for up to 6-8 months. Is it possible to just toss it in the fridge and then take it out when I want to make a transfer?

ps
"The brain is a reducing valve that restricts consciousness" - A Huxley

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" – Ralph Waldo Emerson…

"Whatever you study you also change" - Heisenberg Uncertainty principle

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Rick Sanchez
#2 Posted : 7/13/2018 10:08:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've stored them at room temp for 3-4 months and still was able to transfer from the master with no issues. I once kept an agar plate in my fridge for around 6 months and was able to transfer it and grow it out afterwards so you should be ok for long term storage I the fridge. I think its beneficial to let it sit at room temp for a few days after you remove it from the fridge
Rick Sanchez is a fictional character. Anything said by Rick Sanchez is not representative of any real life events whatsoever.All posts should be regarded as fictional occurrences in imaginary dimensions.

Everything exists some of the time but nothing exists all the time.