We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First attempt at e-changa Options

Pavlovs_Ape
#1 Posted : 7/3/2018 9:42:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wanted to share the results of my first crack at making an e-changa solution for sub ohm vaping. From my initial experiments I can say it works, it work very well.

Being my first attempt, I decide to make a lightly concentrated solution as proof of concept so I could gauge what works for me and also to minimize material loss if it was a disaster. I went with a 10:1 ratio, 500 mg dmt freebase to 5 mL off the shelf menthol e-juice, 70/30 vg/pg 0 nicotine . As hard as I tried I never found a clear answer as to whether adding harmalas freebase to e-juice was worthwhile or effective, just a general understanding that they would not dissolve in propylene glycol or vegetable glycerin. I decided to see what would happen for my own curiosity at least.

I put 300 mg of very clean freebase harmalas in glass shot glass and added 5 mL of e-juice. Stirring this for awhile confirmed to expected insolubility, just suspended white freebase with a slight yellowing of the fluid. I decided to use my microwave for heat to see if that would do anything. Five seconds, stir, nothing happened. Another five seconds, stir, the same. Five seconds, stir, and some magic. The solution goes from yellow with suspended particulate to uniform red orange, like Tabasco sauce. Still opaque, but no observable floating harmalas. Not dissolved in solution, but it seemed to form a persistant fine particulate suspension at least. The dmt freebase was added and warmed in a heat bath until dissolved.

3 mL of this e-changa was added to a Smok Baby Beast tank with .4 ohm Q2 coil that was preinstalled in the tank, powered with a Smok Procolour 225W mod. I always prepare my prebuilt coils by poking a few holes in the cotton with a sewing needle to aid absorption. I vaped this in Wattage mode @ 45 W.

This solution was damn near perfect for what I wanted it for. I use dmt more often for meditation and metacognition then trying to blast off, and vaping this allowed me enter my desired state easily. I went through about 1/2 the tank, approx. 1.5 mL, over the course of 3 hours or so, keeping myself right at my sweet spot the entire time. The harmalas were 100% available and active at this concentration, I felt their effects from the initial few draws more than the dmt. It seems that it doesn't matter that freebase harmalas won't dissolve in your juice, they still reaches the coils and vaporizes fine when in suspension. I don't know how long they'll stay in suspension or how the coils will hold up, but I will unequivocally say that e-changa as a concept is sound. Next time I think I will drop the harmalas a bit and increase the dmt, maybe 200-250 mg harmalas, 750 mg DMT to 5mL e-juice.
Pavlovs_Ape attached the following image(s):
20180703_122800.jpg (3,276kb) downloaded 86 time(s).

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Kable
#2 Posted : 7/4/2018 7:38:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Can you say how much the harmalas extend the effects over an equal dose of DMT alone?

sbc1
#3 Posted : 7/4/2018 2:58:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Nice PA keep experimenting and update us