We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I smell DMT everywhere... Options

5A8R3
#1 Posted : 6/25/2018 10:58:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

On my breath, in the air, not all the time but occasionally.

Weird eh? Just thought I'd share Smile

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

null24
#2 Posted : 6/26/2018 3:07:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Indoles.
A flower's scent,
the stink of sh*t.
Love
No, not a haiku.
Maybe wikipedia?
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Jambra
#3 Posted : 6/26/2018 6:14:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

After my first experience I was smelling DMT everywhere, a strong scent of it too. Part of me felt it was because DMT is everything! Now that I've been 'there' I'll always remember. However, about a month after the experience it seemed to subside. Just becomes familiar with use I imagine, maybe the experience being so intense makes us more sensitive to the smell. Considering smells can be such great triggers for old memories, I think it's reasonable to speculate.

So whenever we smell anything like DMT we recall that smell vividly and think of DMT. Maybe Big grin

endlessness
#4 Posted : 6/26/2018 7:47:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As null24 pointed at, a lot of different indole-based substances will have a similar smell. Pure gramine, for example, smells quite similar to DMT.

And if you consider indole based substances are all over nature, you have your explanation.

On that note, corn flour tortilla often has a DMT reminiscent smell too Very happy

smoothmonkey
#5 Posted : 6/26/2018 10:13:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sometimes the molecule gives me a whiff when the time to embark on another journey is close at hand, almost as if it's beckoning me towards it...
असतो मा सद्गमय ।
तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय ।
मृत्योर्मा अमृतं गमय ।

Sunnyside
#6 Posted : 6/26/2018 10:52:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Orange blossoms.
" Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon
"No, they never did turn me into a toad." - Pete (O Brother, Where Art Thou?)
"Are you a time traveller?" "No, I think I'm more of a time prisoner." - Nadia Vulvokov (Russian Doll)

Jambra
#7 Posted : 6/27/2018 12:31:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

smoothmonkey wrote:
Sometimes the molecule gives me a whiff when the time to embark on another journey is close at hand, almost as if it's beckoning me towards it...

That is a wonderful way to be. I will keep this in mind!

Simply_Me
#8 Posted : 6/27/2018 3:20:38 AM

Live the Life you Love

I must agree, I have been finding myself looking around today going... Could it be? Here?
I realize that no one book, one person, or even one ideology will have all the answers. I believe my job is to remain open yet discriminating. My intuition helps me discern truth, and wisdom helps me identify malicious intentions.

CosmicLion
#9 Posted : 6/27/2018 3:24:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't underestimate how popular it has become and how many people might be vaping it in a e-cig or smokin some changa in the alley before heading back to work!

You could just be getting whiffs of the new mass DMT hysteria that seems to be happening.

As a side note, I used to smell it in flowers ALL the time... the indoles...
-Eternally Romping the Astral Savannahlands-

obliguhl
#10 Posted : 6/27/2018 9:46:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

CosmicLion wrote:
Don't underestimate how popular it has become and how many people might be vaping it in a e-cig or smokin some changa in the alley before heading back to work!

You could just be getting whiffs of the new mass DMT hysteria that seems to be happening.

As a side note, I used to smell it in flowers ALL the time... the indoles...

Yes, it's not called "the businessman's trip" for nothing. Financial Advisors and Accountants worldwide are smoking it in the toilets before going back playing the stock market or whatever these folks do.

null24
#11 Posted : 6/27/2018 3:44:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

It's the smell of spring.

It's in the tortilla section of my grocery store.

It's in my new pair off shoes!
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

5A8R3
#12 Posted : 6/27/2018 5:17:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The varnish section of my hardware shop.
And the forest.
Wiki says indoles are the base of many flower scents.
I haven't smoked it for weeks and then one day I'll suddenly smell it on my breath, wtf.

Doc Buxin
#13 Posted : 6/27/2018 11:52:22 PM

Pay No Mind

I smell DMT out on our farm randomly, but a lot! And I can pretty much guarantee that nobody is smoking DMT out here other than me (I cannot guarantee that 100% though!).

There's one bush on my aunt's property next to ours that absolutely reeks of it. I need to take a picture of it and post it on a plant identification thread here for someone to ID it. It is rather unusual for me to not be able to identify a plant around these parts.

Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

formulaic
#14 Posted : 6/30/2018 12:15:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For sure! Me too, every now and then I get that really strong smell.

In fact I've had something happen a few times on high doses of LSD and such. I'm not sure if anyone else gets this but have you ever had tactile hallucinations around your lips and mouth as soon as you finish inhaling spice? When I smoke it the flavour, the smell and this physical feeling all intertwine and become one homgenised sensation. It kinda feels like there's plastic grass growing out of my lips and mouth. Like millions of miniscule little ice crystals or pine needles all rubbing against eachother as they grow and intertwine. That's what the taste and smell of DMT is to me lol.

Yeah so anyway, was at a pretty intimate psytrance party a couple of years ago, it was a send off for a mate who had passed earlier that year. Was a hugely emotional messy party with some extremely deep voyages. At one point I was in the forest by myself meditating and tripping and I was hearing all these angels voices singing in harmony and could see a white light in the sky... And I could feel my friend just beyond the veil. And as this whole experience was happening I had this dmt taste/smell/sensation all through my mouth and throat and getting stronger, and it felt like it was pushing me to a higher level. It kinda felt like I was approaching the barrier but couldn't break through, not that I was really trying. It was really strange. And there was definitely no one smoking near me, I was a good 1000+ metres in to a forest all by my lonesome behind the camp site, and 90% of people were on the dancefloor ages away from the camp the other way.

Had that taste/smell/feel sensation a few other times to lesser degrees, but it was never like that time.

Simply_Me
#15 Posted : 7/1/2018 10:50:41 PM

Live the Life you Love

Today on the entire golf course. I have heard that grasses can contain fair amounts of DMT... I wonder if it was the green or the fairway... I could make friends with the grounds keeper. Wink
I realize that no one book, one person, or even one ideology will have all the answers. I believe my job is to remain open yet discriminating. My intuition helps me discern truth, and wisdom helps me identify malicious intentions.

xss27
#16 Posted : 7/7/2018 11:56:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Open up a new tube of tennis balls.

New balls please! New balls.