We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First try at extraction, feeling good about it :) Options

Einzege
#1 Posted : 6/24/2018 11:37:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Just wanted to share my success. Used 50g of MHRB and Cyb's salt Tek. Managed about 700mg of yellow crystal so far, pretty sure I've still got at least a bit more in my precipitation dish. If I can get to 1.5% yield I will be a very happy human. End result is definitely active and smells just like product I have acquired previously. Have been doing some reading in the Tek thread and am hopeful my next attempt can be better with a small defat and using NaOH in excess as I have seen discussed. Still have 150g of bark kicking around to continue trying to refine with. Much thanks to everyone who insight I have benefitted from. This has been a really, really good time.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

SekhmetsDreams
#2 Posted : 6/25/2018 12:15:19 AM

*Love and Light*

Nice one. Im going to be doing one soon for the first time too 😁
Good vibes and happy travels 😀

Einzege
#3 Posted : 6/27/2018 11:28:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Just an update because I'm thinking about it. Decided to try to clean it up a little bit, used earthwalkers mini A/B and oh my. Still just over 600mg but almost all of the colour is gone. Just the palest tinge of yellow and much less sticky, more crystalline. The oil I pulled out looked absolutely vile. Will for sure be doing that again in the future, will likely start heating pulls semi aggressively on the next batch. I feel like I may as well get everything the bark wants to offer if it can be cleaned up that well that simply. I am so grateful for this community, definitely an entertaining project and I'm for sure pretty into the results here. Another thank you to everyone who has contributed to the amazing resources that are these teks!

Einzege
#4 Posted : 6/30/2018 6:09:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

And one more update. Did a second extraction on 50 more grams of bark. Upped both salt and NaOH to 80g as I've seen it discussed as a way to push more product out faster. Did pulls without any heating this time. First one at 50ml,4 more at 25ml and a final one at 20ml. First pulls we're immediately very cloudy and that never went away as it was diluted through the subsequent pulls. Left the final 20ml in a separate dish to evaporate and check if product was still coming out. All others together in one dish and right to the freezer. Evaporated dish yielded almost nothing. Freezer dish was drained off after about 24 hours and also left to evaporate. 1.01 grams of light fluffy powder. I'm super pleased with this result, better yield and very clean without any further processing. Will be keeping it as is.

CEVISI
#5 Posted : 6/30/2018 8:20:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Einzege wrote:
And one more update. Did a second extraction on 50 more grams of bark. Upped both salt and NaOH to 80g as I've seen it discussed as a way to push more product out faster. Did pulls without any heating this time. First one at 50ml,4 more at 25ml and a final one at 20ml. First pulls we're immediately very cloudy and that never went away as it was diluted through the subsequent pulls. Left the final 20ml in a separate dish to evaporate and check if product was still coming out. All others together in one dish and right to the freezer. Evaporated dish yielded almost nothing. Freezer dish was drained off after about 24 hours and also left to evaporate. 1.01 grams of light fluffy powder. I'm super pleased with this result, better yield and very clean without any further processing. Will be keeping it as is.

Very interesting i will try this what you mean whitout heating did you not heat the base soup or did you not heat the naphta before your pulls ?

Einzege
#6 Posted : 6/30/2018 10:37:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I didn't heat either. The basic soup was somewhat warm from the lye addition but can't have been over about 40 degrees C. Was only the first pull or two before it had gotten back to basically room temp. Naphta was never warmed at all.