We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ayahuasca and Imurel Options

Octavian
#1 Posted : 11/27/2009 7:57:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello!

I am using azathioprine (Imurel) on regular basis because I've got Ulcerative colitis :evil:
Information on Imurel: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azathioprine

Is it safe for me to try DMT or should i leave it alone?

Any thoughts on this matter would be appreciated.

All best regards
Self-Inquiry directly leads to realization by removing the obsacles which make you think that the Self is not already realized.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

State of the Mind
#2 Posted : 11/27/2009 8:52:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM recommends that SWIY talks to SWIY's local doctor or GP to make sure there are no complications.

SWIM is a little bit sceptical because nicotine is supposed to have positive implications for Ulcerative colitis. So maybe DMT will effect Ulcerative colitis in a good/bad way or maybe it wont at all.

SWIM doesn't think this will help but..
People spend their lives searching for perfect moments and fail to see, that there are many unappreciated perfect moments everyday that are overlooked.

jamie
#3 Posted : 11/27/2009 8:52:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I had something sililar (IBD) for a long time..so I really feel for you..I got things back in order slowly with diet and supplemts after working with a naturalpath..

Not sure about that medicine you are taking..but I can say that ayahuasca really seemed to help repair my digestive system..I had trips where I could literally visualize and feel it moving through me like a cold snake working on my whole digestive system..and after the irritating inflamation always seemed to be alot less.
Long live the unwoke.

State of the Mind
#4 Posted : 11/27/2009 8:56:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"You never know 'til you check it out."
- C. L. Matzen -
People spend their lives searching for perfect moments and fail to see, that there are many unappreciated perfect moments everyday that are overlooked.

Octavian
#5 Posted : 11/27/2009 9:11:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I need to build up my courage to ask my doctor about this Smile I think I would feel a bit embarrassed asking someting like "Hey, I am going to try the strongest psychedelic substance there is, would you recommend it taking my condition into consideration?" Razz
Self-Inquiry directly leads to realization by removing the obsacles which make you think that the Self is not already realized.

jamie
#6 Posted : 11/27/2009 10:48:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Obviousily I am not you and dont know your situation...but from what I know of ulcerative colitus..the foods you are eating play a *big* role in how often you have flare ups..I personally beilieve that diet and replacing the things your body has lost can correct the situation altogether.

If you havent already I would be getting multiple opinions from different doctors, and nutritionalists..I suffered from inlflamatory bowel disease for quite a while and it was complete hell..I went through many doctors who only wanted to treat the syptoms..

My white blood cell count was very low, as well as my b12 levels..I was becomming anemic..It wasnt until I went to a naturalpath and got full blood tests done for food allergies that I really figured out the root of the problem. I had to cut out ALL sugars except for small ammounts of fruit, all breads, tons of fruits I was allergic to, anything cultured like soy sauce, coffee, tea (not herbal teas),alcohol, rice, beef etc..

My immune system was attacking me becasue of the toxins and yeast built up in my body..Imurel from what I could gather suppresses the immune system to I am guessing yours is doing the same thing..I am not a doctor but I am studying natural medicine at school trying to get my degree so I know something about this stuff..just letting you know how I got better.

I would drink coffee or juice and have a flare up and feel so shitty...I seriously didnt know what the hell to do..when I saw the list of allergies I had I thought I would go insane..my diet became very restricted and very bland..and it was hard to get used to but it worked..also I had to take many different supplements and especially glutamine to rebuild my colon walls becasue I had leaky gut so I wasnt absorbing nutrients..

But I did start to feel much better ervy month after starting the diet and taking all the supplements..and drinking only pure water..no chlorine..so many things in regular western diets will cause these flair ups..

About talkingto your doctor about taking aya..I dont know but most doctors will probabily try to tell you not to..hope you have an openminded one who will give you the best adivise possible..make sure that they understand the difference between MAOI's and RIMA's..the inhibators in caapi vine are RIMA's..reversible maoi's..you need to make this clear to them..I wouldnt attempt mixing caapi with your medicine until you are very sure there will be no harmful intercation.
Long live the unwoke.

State of the Mind
#7 Posted : 11/27/2009 10:52:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM understands the embarrass/awkward factor but it would more than likely be the best decision to see your doctor/GP.Confused

But if its too awkward to ask. There is another solution... Light up the Pipe Very happy

Octavian
#8 Posted : 11/28/2009 12:40:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Any suggestions how I can formulate my question?

Fractal: After delivering my Thesis everything was fine for the first time in like 8 years. It only shows that stress is one big reason why people get sick, it be either headdace, UC, Krohns, whatever (maybe even cancer in long term). There are many physical consequences due to mental stress. Actually they did some research at the national hospital in the country where I am from and they found a significant difference between people who went to a psychologist in order to learn how not get stressed in daily life compared to those who didn't. It helps to realize the Self. I would recommend to start listening to Adyashanti on youtube about non-dualism. Or maybe Ramana Maharshi or Mooji... Smile

State of the Mind
#9 Posted : 11/28/2009 1:30:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When talking to your doctor, remember that what you say will be 100% confidential, so if SWIY decides to talk to SWIY's doctor, remember to be honest and explain the situation. Why you want to smoke DMT, recreation, spiritual reasons...

The more honest SWIY is, the more likely SWIY will get a proper and informed response.

However if SWIY approaches the subject by trying to be too tactful SWIY will more than likely come across as not being serious and get a response such as: "I can't recommend any illegal drugs to you."

Just remember the 100% confidentiality, and don't worry about looking stupid, its always better to be safe than Sorry.

Good luck Smile

jamie
#10 Posted : 11/28/2009 5:22:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Octavian wrote:
Any suggestions how I can formulate my question?

Fractal: After delivering my Thesis everything was fine for the first time in like 8 years. It only shows that stress is one big reason why people get sick, it be either headdace, UC, Krohns, whatever (maybe even cancer in long term). There are many physical consequences due to mental stress. Actually they did some research at the national hospital in the country where I am from and they found a significant difference between people who went to a psychologist in order to learn how not get stressed in daily life compared to those who didn't. It helps to realize the Self. I would recommend to start listening to Adyashanti on youtube about non-dualism. Or maybe Ramana Maharshi or Mooji... Smile

Yes this is true I was getting very stressed out at the time right before I got really sick..I broke up with my gf, came back to canada and was working 10-12 hour days every day and not eating properly..

My doctor told me to do yoga and meditate along with getting me on a diet, and supplements..I really think stress can be quite harmful and agitating for the body..I will check out that link thanks!
Long live the unwoke.

State of the Mind
#11 Posted : 11/29/2009 7:40:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Yes this is true I was getting very stressed out at the time right before I got really sick..I broke up with my gf, came back to canada and was working 10-12 hour days every day and not eating properly..

^Sorry to hear fractal Confused

Octavian, any more news on talking to your doctor/making your own decision on DMT?

Octavian
#12 Posted : 11/29/2009 9:18:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Octavian, any more news on talking to your doctor/making your own decision on DMT?[/quote]

I have decided to ask, but how am i going to formulate my question in a scientific term?

State of the Mind
#13 Posted : 11/30/2009 4:26:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
How am i going to formulate my question in a scientific term?

Have you thought of printing of an article on DMT for your doctor to read, or referring a link to your doctor. Another idea would be to print off a short synopsis of DMT, its effects, how its taken ect ect. Everything the doctor needs to analyse to make an informed decision.

I recommend you either read up as much as you can and explain DMT to your doctor, or direct him to a particular article upon DMT. This is a good article on DMT, that you could show your doctor: General DMT information However the article does focus more on the trip side of the drug and not the medical side of DMT. Regardless it will be a good start for your doctor to begin to understand this complex drug.

Hope this helped Rolling eyes

Octavian
#14 Posted : 12/1/2009 6:08:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I will send an email soon and show the answer here when the person replies. Maybe someone else in the future wonder about the same thing :-)