We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Question about Death Cap mushroom Amanita Phalloides Options

Tony6Strings
#21 Posted : 11/29/2021 3:12:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:

"Bread of Life" is not a mycology term I'm familiar with. If you're wanting to talk about cultivation with this technique, now that's interesting, but could we veer away from the site specific religious terminology, please? What is the bread of life? A live culture of a. muscaria is my guess?

Btw, I'm a big fan of them, but mostly just enjoy hunting them.

I have red wax from acacia confusa, I call it Blood of the Lamb. Lol. Is reference to a line in one of my favorite films... "Every day I drink blood of lamb from Bandy's tract... I want you to say, I am a false prophet, and God is a superstition..."

I love picking amanitas, when I see a classic looking red and white I get an excited feeling. I have yet to consume one. I'm plan on it, often, but every time I actually feel like taking something I always end up taking something I am more familiar with, recently it has been cubensis, oh boy I drank tea from 8.5 dried the other night and had one of the best trips of my life. My whole body was buzzing with energy it kept building like a carrier wave I thought I would explode!!!
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Dirty T
#22 Posted : 11/29/2021 6:35:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I believe this phenomenon to be the result of dormant spores however I have read reports of people cloning mushroom tissue that was definitely not viable. A guy in Vietnam cloned psilocybin from fruits that had been oven dried. Another guy revived a 7 year old culture that had died in a deep freeze. Mushrooms are among the most resilient of all creatures on this planet. I would be willing to bet that some water with light malt extract and a dash of citric acid would be just as effective if not more so as a "resurrection medium". The acid may even inhibit it to an extent and be unnecessary. While each species of mushroom varies in the conditions required for successful cultivation they all use similar base mediums (agar and sugar Petri dishes or sugar laden water) it speaks to reason that this would work with amanitas as well at the mycelial level, I know from experience it worka with cordyceps, lion's mane and other non psychedelic and more 'sensitive' species (definitely less hearty than my own strain of Koh Samui, on a scale of 1 to 10 well they are as close to invincible as I've ever encountered)

WisdomTooth
#23 Posted : 11/30/2021 12:48:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
WisdomTooth wrote:
What if the most deadliest mushrooms are simply the most psychedelic but what happens is people simply forget how to navigate the multiverse back to their physical bodies nor may even care to return due to the vast greater levels of consciousness/experience beyond this spec of dust of a realm of physical reality Very happy Leave phalloides to the master shamans haha

I think if you read up on the symptoms of amatoxin poisoning you conclude that this is very likely not the case. Psychedelic they ain't.

I was having a laugh if you did not notice Razz or was eye?
Though the river tells no lies, the dishonest standing on the shore, still hear them.

downwardsfromzero
#24 Posted : 11/30/2021 3:31:05 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

WisdomTooth wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:
WisdomTooth wrote:
What if the most deadliest mushrooms are simply the most psychedelic but what happens is people simply forget how to navigate the multiverse back to their physical bodies nor may even care to return due to the vast greater levels of consciousness/experience beyond this spec of dust of a realm of physical reality Very happy Leave phalloides to the master shamans haha

I think if you read up on the symptoms of amatoxin poisoning you conclude that this is very likely not the case. Psychedelic they ain't.

Apols for over-rigorous application of Poe's law, but this is still the internet Laughing

What you said is a concept that I've toyed with very occasionally over the decades (and purely as a concept). But... if you look closely, there's an indole group right their in the middle of the amatoxin - so it's got to be a trip, right?

And I do actually know someone (and very well at that, not just an acquaintance) who has survived eating deathcaps. Special Brew and milk thistle, if you're wondering Neutral

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Loveall
#25 Posted : 11/30/2021 4:55:28 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
WisdomTooth wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:
WisdomTooth wrote:

Apols for over-rigorous application of Poe's law, but this is still the internet Laughing

What you said is a concept that I've toyed with very occasionally over the decades (and purely as a concept). But... if you look closely, there's an indole group right their in the middle of the amatoxin - so it's got to be a trip, right?

And I do actually know someone (and very well at that, not just an acquaintance) who has survived eating deathcaps. Special Brew and milk thistle, if you're wondering Neutral

Want kind of special brew?
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Dirty T
#26 Posted : 11/30/2021 4:57:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Amatoxin or Mycotoxins either way sound like a terrible way to die so count me out. As far as does it make you trip? Well theoretically when you die the pineal gland floods the brain with DMT so yes you would trip but only to facilitate movement to your next host which would likely be a lesser creature as throwing away ones host body in the search for pleasure is extremely wasteful and un "human like". Candidates for reincarnation? Mouse or hamster.

downwardsfromzero
#27 Posted : 11/30/2021 10:41:23 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Loveall wrote:
What kind of special brew?

https://en.wikipedia.org...sberg_Group#Special_Brew

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

PsyDuckmonkey
#28 Posted : 12/6/2023 7:26:27 PM

witch

Hey. Sorry for necroing the thread, but I think it's important to mention a few facts that might place the whole discussion in a different light.

Note: A. Muscaria is a very dear companion mushroom to me, and had been part of some wonderful synchronicity condensation events in my life. I am not against this mushroom, or its use in entheogenic practice. That said, it's not as forgiving a teacher as any of the tryptamines, so read up and always use less than you think you'd want to.

So.. The whole fly agaric ambrosia / golden fleece thing seems to be a strange religious concept that can likely be traced back to a single person with a website full of ravings. This wouldn't make it not true per se, but the mycology of the mushrooms involved, and the lack of reliable reproductions and TEKs done by psychonauts who do not sound like they are part of a cult do make it highly unlikely.

Amanitas are mycorrhizal fungi. This means they only grow in symbiosis with the root systems of certain trees. The spores of many mycorrhizal fungi do not even germinate into a mycelial web unless they get in contact with their symbiotic tree. The example I could find of A. Muscaria mycelium being grown isolated in a laboratory involved cloning the mycelium from a living mushroom cap, as opposed to germination from spores.

I think it's safe to assume that A. Muscaria spores are extremely unlikely to germinate in grape juice or sugar water.

Also, in the above mentioned lab experiment, the cloned mycelium grew slowly and acted generally quite unhappy. I do not think such techniques would allow the production active compounds in any useful quantity.

So literally all mycological knowledge points to any 'fleece' produced to be mold. And of course, that mold may theoretically produce muscimol, there is literally no reason to even entertain this possibility. Mushrooms harvested outdoors - which is every A. Muscaria mushroom - will be covered in the spores of dozens (if not hundreds) of competing fungus species. So if you put it in sugar water, something will grow. Probably something different each time.

The hypothesized historical use of grape juice in conjunction with A. Muscaria on the other hand does make sense, as the acidic environment allows the conversion of the harmful ibotenic acid to muscimol.

tl;dr
- There is no verified way of growing this fungus indoors, and the science points to there being no way, period.
- However, it is highly prolific and easy to find in the autumn months in temperate zones. It's not too hard to gather a year's supply, and then dry it.
- If you want to use it, boil it in grape juice for 30-90 minutes, and please do not let it rot.
- If you have trouble reliably distinguishing any mushroom from A. Phalloides, just stay away from it.
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

the red squirrel
#29 Posted : 12/6/2023 9:21:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
If you have trouble reliably distinguishing any mushroom from A. Phalloides, just stay away from it

This is absolutely true. I can only emphasize that one has to learn basic field determination skills for this psychoactive and deadly genus Amanita before an attempt to forage some.

As an extra layer of safety, I can recommend the Meixner test for amatoxins. This can be used as an aid in the identification of species like Amanita, Galerina, Lepiota... Conversely, some tryptamines including psilocybin can give a false positive
May there be peace and love and perfection throughout all creation
~ John Coltrane

PREV12