We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Salvaging a sludge made of MHRB+Sodium Carbonate+sunflower seed oil? Options

Your Writings
#1 Posted : 6/20/2018 2:59:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

Some time ago I made an attempt at the "Poorman's TEK".
It didn't go well, also because it was my first attempt at extraction.

From then on I moved on to easier STB teks but I still have some sludge composed of MHRB+Sodium Carbonate+sunflower seeds oil.
It is contained in two jars: in one of them there is a 2" layer of dark sludge with a 4" thick layer of clearer stuff that looks like emulsion.

The other one has a thicker sludge layer with a 1/2" layer of cloudy emulsion and a thin layer of oil on top.

I would like to salvage this stuff and try to pull anything worth pulling.

I have the following ingredients that I can use:

Caustic Soda
Sodium Carbonate
Naphtha (Ligroin)

Should I join the two jars and do pulls with naphtha?

Thanks!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

endlessness
#2 Posted : 6/21/2018 12:13:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sure why not? You can add some sodium hydroxide and then pull with naphtha, salt out your naphtha and recover your alkaloids if there are any left.

If I may ask, how did you salt them out originally, and what kind of yields did you get from this sunflower oil method?

Your Writings
#3 Posted : 6/21/2018 12:40:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Sure why not? You can add some sodium hydroxide and then pull with naphtha, salt out your naphtha and recover your alkaloids if there are any left.

If I may ask, how did you salt them out originally, and what kind of yields did you get from this sunflower oil method?

Hi and thanks for your reply,

The method was aborted when I figured out how clueless was I about what to do next so I did not salt anything out and consequently no yield was produced.
Everything was stopped but I kept the jars in their state.

So you suggest to re-basify and do some naphtha pulls?
May I ask why you suggest to salt out the naphtha pulls?
When I use naphtha I freeze precipitate but I'm happy to learn something new.
Also I have big trouble finding Fumaric Acid..

Thanks!

endlessness
#4 Posted : 6/21/2018 1:19:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey friend,

So you didn't do any pull with the sunflower oil, the only oil you mixed in is what's still in the jar?

You could continue with the oil-based extraction if you want... Any reason why not?

You can follow the salting part of BLAB tek, with fumaric acid if you can find (its easy to find online on ebay, amazon or others and it is not a watched substance, it has genuine other uses), or with vinegar/acetic acid.

That being said, if you want to use the naphtha instead of oil, you still will have to salt out because your naphtha will mix with the oil which will most likely screw the freeze precipitation part, I would imagine your DMT will be too soluble in the mix and will not precipitate. You could still try it out, though, to freeze precipitate, and see if anything comes out, and if not (or if very little) , then you salt out later.

Does that make sense to you?

PS: Don't throw anything away until you have your final yield. That way if anything goes unexpected, you can always recover it one way or another.

pete666
#5 Posted : 6/21/2018 1:22:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Isn't the problem the existence of an emulsion? If so, breaking the emulsion first is necessary, I would say.
Acceptance of the fact that our reality is not real doesn't in fact mean it is not real. It just leads to better understanding what real means.

endlessness
#6 Posted : 6/21/2018 1:28:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

oh lol I totally missed that, thanks pete666. The FAQ has good tips on breaking emulsions, then proceed as mentioned above

Your Writings
#7 Posted : 6/21/2018 1:29:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Hey friend,

So you didn't do any pull with the sunflower oil, the only oil you mixed in is what's still in the jar?

You could continue with the oil-based extraction if you want... Any reason why not?

You can follow the salting part of BLAB tek, with fumaric acid if you can find (its easy to find online on ebay, amazon or others and it is not a watched substance, it has genuine other uses), or with vinegar/acetic acid.

That being said, if you want to use the naphtha instead of oil, you still will have to salt out because your naphtha will mix with the oil which will most likely screw the freeze precipitation part, I would imagine your DMT will be too soluble in the mix and will not precipitate. You could still try it out, though, to freeze precipitate, and see if anything comes out, and if not (or if very little) , then you salt out later.

Does that make sense to you?

PS: Don't throw anything away until you have your final yield. That way if anything goes unexpected, you can always recover it one way or another.

Thank you and yes, it all makes very good sense.
I specially thank you for the explanation of the interaction of oil and naphtha!

I think I should continue the oil extraction as you say but it looks like it's gonna be a messy job, the oil is separated only in one container and I don't know what to do with the eternal emulsion in the other one..
I'll try to attach pictures.
Also, another reason why I chickened out of the oil extraction is because I actually never read any successful report using that tek (poor man's) here or anywhere..

Big OT: I also would like to thank you for your work with ethanol+vinegar+sodium carbonate, I personally feel very strongly in favor of earth-friendly extraction methods and will no doubt try it once I understand it better.

I'll go and post my questions in the other thread ;-)
Your Writings attached the following image(s):
IMG_3136.JPG (630kb) downloaded 52 time(s).
IMG_3137.JPG (669kb) downloaded 51 time(s).

pete666
#8 Posted : 6/21/2018 1:40:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
The FAQ has good tips on breaking emulsions, then proceed as mentioned above

Yes, and there are some other tips in the forum
Acceptance of the fact that our reality is not real doesn't in fact mean it is not real. It just leads to better understanding what real means.

Your Writings
#9 Posted : 6/21/2018 2:07:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pete666 wrote:
Isn't the problem the existence of an emulsion? If so, breaking the emulsion first is necessary, I would say.

Thank you, I will go study and try to do as you say.

I have attached a couple of pictures above, Of course they are turned lol on;t know why this happened.. should I deal with the emulsions while they are in separate containers or should I join them?

I should point out that the cause of the emulsion is me naively shaking the sludge a lot. :-)

pete666
#10 Posted : 6/21/2018 3:08:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Separate the emulsion(s) from the rest and treat it separately. It requires some heating and maybe other actions and it is better to have it separated.

If you select your tek properly, there are no emulsions at all. You can (and should) shake without mercy

Sakkadelic
#11 Posted : 6/21/2018 3:13:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i would combine the 2 soups in a convenient glass bottle/jar, if the consistency is as you say a sludge, make a lye solution and add it to the soup to thin it out a bit.. put it in a heat bath and try the methods to break the emulsion.. if nothing works, let the phases separate and pull the upper phase including the emulsion, backsalt that to a white distilled vinegar solution(don't shake too hard so the emulsion stays trapped in the oil) and then remove the oil/emulsion layer.. do more pulls with naphtha on the base soup and back salt them all to the same vinegar solution..(you can keep using the same naphtha pull>backsalt>pull>backsalt..)..

base the dmt enriched vinegar solution with lye and pull.. hopefully no emulsions occur
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

pete666
#12 Posted : 6/21/2018 3:43:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Breaking the emulsion and prevention of new emulsion for next pulls are two distinct tasks imho. They can be done together, but I would say that heating of basified soup is not necessary, as it leads to some loss. But it is just an optimization, not a necessity