We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Please help*pics*Orangish naptha to piss yellow once Decanted Options

HD1230HD
#1 Posted : 6/19/2018 4:30:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I know the red/Brown naptha is something’s thats been discussed numerous times. Im also aware that orange has been brought up. Mine just appears much different than the photos I’ve seen in my research.
Let me start by describing the situation:
I’ve done a few really successful extractions with cybs max ion tek where my end result looks like snow. On the latest batch I got 4 really awesome pulls and suspected there was still more spice in my aqueous layer. I’ve been tied up for about a week now and I’m just now getting around to running one more pull. So the soup is about 8 days old now, and I’ve read that some people let their soup sit for a week+ so I assume the mix is fine. normally my pulls look light yellow settled on top of the aqueous later but appears absolutely clear on the tray. I’m low on clean naptha so I used some recycled which appears light yellow in the recycling jar. After about a two hour heated stir(something I don’t normally do) to try to pull as much active alkaloids as I could, I think I pulled a bit too much maybe? Here’s a picture in my separation vessel

Here it is in the tray with flash and without

It looks relatively clear when it’s flat on the tray but with the slightest yellow tint.

I imagine there’s still active stuff in this. It has the cloudiness of a partially evaped tray would.
Any ideas what this will be like? Yellow goo that I hear about perhaps? Thanks for your time!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

HD1230HD
#2 Posted : 6/19/2018 8:57:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bump. Please help. I’m at around 16 hours in the freezer now. There appears to be a yellow layer building up on the bottom of the glass. I’ll post pictures tonight when I’m drying.

CEVISI
#3 Posted : 6/19/2018 10:29:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Did you use recyceld or fresh naphta ?
Whit the recycled one yoir get more yellowish

But i think its because you let it stand for 8 days and now you pull alot of plant fats.
But this is no problem the dmt gets yellow/orange and get a much stronger bodyhigh and a much longer afterglow in my exprience

Once i did 4 pulls like you and let the soup sit 4 day and pull 2 times again whit recycled naphta it shows lüike yours now i didnt wash it but i stortage it seperatly from the first white 4 pulls and like i said it got stronger bodyload and longer afterglow cuz of the oils and fats

I would like to see the dried spice

HD1230HD
#4 Posted : 6/20/2018 3:35:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Here it is now. I’m just going to evap what nps there is rather than save it. Any input? I know I haven’t sucked up any base soup... the color is just odd and I’ve never had a film like this on the bottom. Should I reX after it’s dried?

CEVISI
#5 Posted : 6/20/2018 5:35:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you are sure you work clean you dont need too rex is it turn yellow or orange after scrap ?

HD1230HD
#6 Posted : 6/20/2018 12:34:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Haven’t scraped yet. Probably won’t be til tonight. I’m sure of my work though. The whole proccess is done with glass and I’m extremely careful when decanting.

CEVISI
#7 Posted : 6/20/2018 1:13:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok then we will see later

Sakkadelic
#8 Posted : 6/20/2018 1:40:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The floating blobs are fats maybe they hold some actives maybe they don't

The film on the bottom is moslty DMT, scrape it and you will have DMT goo, it might appear too little at first but when you scrape it is more dense than crystals and will weigh more by volume
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

HD1230HD
#9 Posted : 6/20/2018 4:19:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is the result. There was a dry section that I scraped on its own, then moved to the yellow film that turned into this when scraped. I’ve had goo similar to this before but it typically hardens. Would it be worth it to run another 50 or so ml of naptha?

Lumina
#10 Posted : 6/20/2018 9:59:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

In the first pic, shallow non polar, cloudiness happens because very small particles of plant powder remain suspended in the solvent after mixing it/shaking it into the aqueous layer. Given enough time that will settle and the nps will become clear again. This could mean hours, days etc.

Of course, in your case, you pulled the solvent without allowing it to clear, thus having a contaminated batch of dmt.

I highly advise against the ingestion of that.

Either purify using one of the many procedures of washing/re-x/backsalt.. so forth.

Just do not, at any cost, ingest that in any way!

Please take your time, have patience, and learn how to properly do this. If you can’t dedicate enough time to learn how to perform these procedures, then you might aswell stop before you start hurting yourself or others.

Understand these are serious matters and not some form of toying/childplay.. please consider them as such.

The Nexus FAQ is at your disposal. Have a good time studying.

HD1230HD
#11 Posted : 6/20/2018 10:06:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lumina wrote:
In the first pic, shallow non polar, cloudiness happens because very small particles of plant powder remain suspended in the solvent after mixing it/shaking it into the aqueous layer. Given enough time that will settle and the nps will become clear again. This could mean hours, days etc.

Of course, in your case, you pulled the solvent without allowing it to clear, thus having a contaminated batch of dmt.

Either purify using one of the many procedures of washing/re-x/backsalt.. so forth.

Please take your time, have patience, and learn how to properly do this. If you can’t dedicate enough time to learn how to perform these procedures, then you might aswell stop before you start hurting yourself or others.

Understand these are serious matters and not some form of toying/childplay.. please consider them as such.

Please don’t insult my intelligence. Ive put countless sleepless nights into my research.I’ve had several really good batches, in fact this is the first time anything like this has happened.. This is quite literally why I’m posting and asking the community. I’m not a child. This is the first batch that’s come out like this and it’s my 4th pull. And there were variables that differed from other batches like the fact that the aqueous layer had sat for over a week and that I let the naptha sit for a lot longer than normal and it’s my first time using recycled nps.

HD1230HD
#12 Posted : 6/20/2018 10:09:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is it dried like a rock. The yellow bits around the glass is what this looked like prior to scraping. I’m pretty confident there’s no lye in this as lye is not soluble in naptha. Input? It reeks of spice so I still plan on reXing.

HD1230HD
#13 Posted : 6/20/2018 10:20:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It looks yellowish red in person. For clarification, this is a previous pull from the same basic soup

And a previous reX

pastanostra
#14 Posted : 6/20/2018 10:29:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had the same type looking oil with a vinegar / sodium carbonate / ethanol extration.
What i've done was :

Split your paste in 2 parts, the first one :

- dissolve in hot vinegar, filter/decant the solids
- base with soidum carbonate pull with ethanol then evap

The second part :

- dissolve in acetone / hot naptha
- filter decant solid then evap.

You could see the difference in the end product, with a side by side comparison, using safer chemical.

Lumina
#15 Posted : 6/20/2018 10:47:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

HD1230HD wrote:
Lumina wrote:

Please don’t insult my intelligence. Ive put countless sleepless nights into my research.I’ve had several really good batches, in fact this is the first time anything like this has happened.. This is quite literally why I’m posting and asking the community. I’m not a child. This is the first batch that’s come out like this and it’s my 4th pull. And there were variables that differed from other batches like the fact that the aqueous layer had sat for over a week and that I let the naptha sit for a lot longer than normal and it’s my first time using recycled nps.

I’m not insulting anybody.

I just told you that what you have there is solvent that trapped very very fine bits of mhrb powder. I can’t be more specidic than that. In turns, those very fine powder bits will carry base along with them, thus contaminating your extract not only with plant matter but with the base of your choice too.

How this happens.. well, powdered plant matter that’s been left to macerate in base for quite awhile will become finer and finer.. these very fine particles take more time to settle from the nps.. that’s all. You could do a test by pulling the shallow nps and submerge it in a warm water bath for several hours.. it will clear out, leaving you with plant sediments..

In any case, purify as much as possible.. and of course, think in terms of harm reduction.. for your sake and others..

Sakkadelic
#16 Posted : 6/20/2018 10:58:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with lumina on this
The only goo pulled with naphtha i would feel safe about ingesting is yellow/orange goo.. brown goo is most likely as lumina said very fine particles from the plant matter suspended in the naphtha.. i've had it once and i'm pretry sure that was the case for me, a mini AB resolved it nicely
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=11715
Unlike yellow goo brown goo can be due to harmful impurities so better be safe and clean it Thumbs up
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

HD1230HD
#17 Posted : 6/20/2018 11:00:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I’m reXing now. Will post results.

HD1230HD
#18 Posted : 6/21/2018 2:00:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The tray after a reX almost completely dry. Looks similar to before but a good amount of gunk was left behind in the reX jar.

Lumina
#19 Posted : 6/21/2018 7:57:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Is this the result of evaporation or freeze precipitation? It looks like an evap, correct me if i’m wrong. Freeze precip will leave some more fats behind... but in your case, where a lot of fats are present, i’d say the best way to strip ‘em is through backsalting... my question is, is it worth it though? Being the 4th pull, how much yield do you think actually is there? If the first round of pulls came close to at least 1.5% of the total amt of plant matter, it wouldn’t be much left in there to begin with... at the moment it might not worth the sweat imo. You could collect it, dissolved in nps, together with other 4th pulls, and, when the collection becomes satisfactory, perform a backsalt then. To that i’d rcommend freeze precip in the end and you’ll definitely enjoy the results.Thumbs up

HD1230HD
#20 Posted : 6/22/2018 2:29:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Lumina wrote:
Is this the result of evaporation or freeze precipitation? It looks like an evap, correct me if i’m wrong. Freeze precip will leave some more fats behind... but in your case, where a lot of fats are present, i’d say the best way to strip ‘em is through backsalting... my question is, is it worth it though? Being the 4th pull, how much yield do you think actually is there? If the first round of pulls came close to at least 1.5% of the total amt of plant matter, it wouldn’t be much left in there to begin with... at the moment it might not worth the sweat imo. You could collect it, dissolved in nps, together with other 4th pulls, and, when the collection becomes satisfactory, perform a backsalt then. To that i’d rcommend freeze precip in the end and you’ll definitely enjoy the results.Thumbs up

This was just evaped. I took the resulting 150mg goo (much yellower after a reX) and made enhanced tobacco with it. It was definitely active. Me and my girl shared the joint and had a really nice mellow experience. We weren’t looking to completely travel the universe with it. I still have a gram or so of nice white spice for that when the need arises Smile thanks for the input everybody. I think I’ll clean my plumbing with the basic soup mix now.