We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
hello all Options

Sunn o)))
#1 Posted : 6/17/2018 2:57:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Long time lurker, first time poster. Foaf did their first pull last night and they were excited to post and ask 1 question about it.

Either way. A bit about myself. I have become very much interested in this world after taking a small bit once about a year ago with a friend but have found comfort in the other big two psychedelics. Mushrooms being my favorite. In my off time I am just a bedroom drummer of 10 years and a guitarist of 1 year who likes to play with his friends and have a good time rather than play out at shows and the hassle that can come from being in a band. I would however like to have a solo noise project just for fun and to help myself get over stage fright. If i ever make any friends on here maybe we could talk about an experimental band i would like to start thats just meant to be fun. Ill talk more about it if anyone would like t hear. I like to play a lot of stoner rock and doom. But as far as what i listen to, its pretty expansive i think. im not too sure what else to put. Im in college and i also like to game on the pc. Lately ive been playing a lot of csgo. Anyway. i really appreciate what you guys do here and i think that its a good thing this place exists.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

TGO
#2 Posted : 6/17/2018 7:12:45 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Welcome to the Nexus!

I am also a drummer/musician and can relate to much of what you said about music and the potential hassles of trying to create with others. Feel free to share some tunes if you have a soundcloud or something similar. There are quite a few musicians on here if you look around, some have shared their work too. I also write and record my own music and plan to go to school for audio engineering or something related. I'm currently in school for computer science but would rather focus on what is important to me. Check out the link in my signature if you would like to hear some of my work. My most recent album was self-released earlier this month.

I've also had the thought of putting together some sort of digital Nexus band, although I"m not sure how it would work exactly. Since the Nexus members are anonymous (for safety), have busy schedules, and often live in different parts of the world, it can be difficult coordinating such a thing, especially when intellectual property is potentially being exchanged. In a different thread, I mentioned that my music tends to be instrumental and that I'm not much of an artist (drawing, painting, etc etc) so if anyone wanted to contribute lyrics or artwork in a collaborative effort, I would try and incorporate it in future songs or albums. It would all be in the spirit of fun, of course, and proper credit would be given to those who contribute. So far it hasn't gone anywhere at all but it is definitely a nice idea.

Anyway, it is cool to have another fellow drummer on board! Enjoy your time here!

Peace
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish