We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hello, World! Options

dudeshrooms
#1 Posted : 6/16/2018 7:32:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello, I'm always bad at introducing myself so pardon the dryness of this post.

I'm a young adult male who is seeking something real. I have some experience with psychedelics, I've taken psilocybin-containing mushrooms about 5 or 6 times in the past few years. I've also taken LSD twice. I'm not one to judge people for their reasons for taking drugs, however I've always felt that there was a greater reason for me to take psychedelics other than to just get high. I understand your mind isn't always right when you are tripping, but every time I've tripped, I always felt like I was missing something. When I'm tripping, my life starts to seem fake. Not in the sense that I'm in a simulation or whatever, but that I'm not living up to my potential and that I'm not truly happy. This was especially hammered home on my last trip. Therefore, I want to start a new chapter in my life. One in which I'm pursuing something real, something true. I'm not sure what it is exactly, maybe it's just the journey itself, but I do know something needs to change.

Due to my interest in psychedelics and my natural curiosity, I've done some research on DMT and I am very interested in experiencing what it has to offer. I truly hope that my time here will allow me to learn more about the wonderful world of psychedelics and allow me to grow as a person. I look forward to spending time with you all.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Icyseeker
#2 Posted : 6/17/2018 1:40:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is a piece of advise that I think will help you immensely. Find someone that you are one hundred percent comfortable with you to trip sit / trip with you, This way if you find yourself in a bind they can try to bring you out of yourself and into good vibes.
May wisdom permeate through your life.

"What is survival if you do not survive whole. Ask the Bene Teilax that. What if you no longer hear the music of life. Memories are not enough unless they call you to noble purpose." God Emperor Leto ii

"The only past which endures lies wordlessly within you." God Emperor Leto ii

LysergicAbreaction
#3 Posted : 6/19/2018 3:30:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Expectations frequently lead to disappointment.

Quote:
Any attempts to begin to describe the DMT experience is fraught with the immediate dangers of either over-simplification or a swift flight into metaphor since it is almost impossible to describe with words alone the fantastic swirling multi-faceted gateway visions that are only the beginning of the DMT experience. http://www.dmtsite.com/d...tions_of_experience.html

So regardless of what you expect, it's likely going to be entirely different.

Quote:
Metaphorically, DMT is like an intellectual black hole in that once one knows about it, it is very hard for others to understand what one is talking about. One cannot be heard. The more one is able to articulate what it is, the less others are able to understand. This is why I think people who attain enlightenment, if we may for a moment comap these two, are silent. They are silent because we cannot understand them. Why the phenomenon of tryptamine ecstasy has not been looked at by scientists, thrill seekers, or anyone else, I am not sure, but I recommend it to your attention.

~ Terence McKenna, The Archaic Revival: Speculations on Psychedelics, Mushrooms, the Amazon,
Virtual Reality, UFO’s, Evolution, Shamanism, the Rebirth of the Goddess, & the End of History. (1991).

Becuase "The more one is able to articulate what it is, the less others are able to understand" its very difficult for an individual who has not taken the compound to build any accurate conception of what exactly the DMT experience is...

Just be open, be humble, and take most of what others tell you about "what it is going to be like" with a grain of salt...

Quote:
The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

Ken Kesey, “The Art of Fiction CXXXVI”, The Paris Review, 1994.

I agree with Ken's quote above, because while DMT has never provided any real answers, it is the epitome of mystery, and is thus valuable simply as that.