We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Buy one Get one Free LED lights **US Only** Options

SpiceyMeatball
#1 Posted : 6/15/2018 6:23:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I hope this is appropriate for this part of the Nexus/and at all.

This site has been an amazing collective of knowledge, as well as important to learn from those who have come before me on this path. I'm honored you just promoted me to member and I hope this is a great way to offer something to those who already know quite a bit more.

Roleandro is offering a buy one get one free on their Hydrogalaxy 300w LEDs right now on amazon. I am not associated in any way with the company, just ordered myself some lights.

It's $72.99 for 2x 300w led lights. and it even gave me free 1 day shipping (maybe because I have prime). Promotion for lights ends on 6/21

Anyway just add 2 to your cart and check out, promotion will be applied.

Thank you for all of the help so far!

*edit* forgot to mention the ad picture says US Only (Sorry everyone else)

https://www.amazon.com/R...ywords=300w+hydro+galaxy
Everything posted here are the rantings of a crazy guy who lives close by. This is his story. Not really sure what he's saying but maybe you all can make sense of it.......

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

dreamer042
#2 Posted : 6/15/2018 8:47:14 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

nice find!

I've had one of their 400 watters for a couple years now and it's served me well. Looks like I may be getting a couple moar LED's in my life. Thumbs up

Edit: I'm not seeing a buy one get one and it's not applying in my cart. Is there a special code? Is it only for Prime users?

Edit Again: Nevermind it does work when I go to checkout. Thanks!
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

SpiceyMeatball
#3 Posted : 6/15/2018 8:49:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@dreamer042
thanks, the reviews had alot of good things to say Smile if all goes well i will have a space tote set up with some bushy P.Viridis and other things! Thumbs up

Everything posted here are the rantings of a crazy guy who lives close by. This is his story. Not really sure what he's saying but maybe you all can make sense of it.......

SpiceyMeatball
#4 Posted : 6/15/2018 8:56:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
Edit: I'm not seeing a buy one get one and it's not applying in my cart. Is there a special code? Is it only for Prime users?

I'm not 100% sure if it's a prime thing. I saw it in the images for the ad. It is by the way only for U.S. (just added that to my post) is the 2nd image for you about BOGO ?

After I added to cart and went to checkout it said Promotion -72.99 on the screen where you choose your card/shipping location/shipping method.
SpiceyMeatball attached the following image(s):
816IvL90JgL._SL1500_.jpg (307kb) downloaded 91 time(s).

null24
#5 Posted : 6/16/2018 12:04:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

That's not a bad deal for those at all. A buddy just scored one that he used to grow a few cannabis plants with and didn't get very good results. He was not aware that there was a cool/warm setting and thinks he was vegging under the reds, and we aren't sure what the wattage rating is but his plants turned out really spindly. Not stretchy, just sparse as if they just didn't have enough lumens.

So I'm not sold on these as replacements for HPS systems to grow weed. However for other things like the p. viridis already mentioned they could be mighty swell. I was thinking of rigging some LEDs in a monotub forsome myco fruiting.

Does anyone know what the relative ratings are? Like side by side, how does a 300w LED compare to HPS in a grow set up? How much would one need to equate to 1000W with high pressure sodium or is it the same? And if so what is the benefit in LED if not to reduce consumption and cost?
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

SpiceyMeatball
#6 Posted : 6/16/2018 2:03:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There are alot of variables with all setups, but especially distance of light to top of canopy. I do not grow cannabis anymore but I haven't had issues with growing under HPS, CFL, Fluoro and now LEDs. (certainly had bad experiences with Halogen though! haha Very happy )

For a short period i wired up a 70w HPS next to the 50w LED. and noticed 0 growth changes while they were both on. So i just kept the LED on.

I don't have as much experience with LED's yet. But after using a 50watt recently to start growing things like flowers/herbs ..... it certainly seemed worth it for me upgrade.

dreamer042
#7 Posted : 6/16/2018 5:31:09 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

null24 wrote:
That's not a bad deal for those at all. A buddy just scored one that he used to grow a few cannabis plants with and didn't get very good results. He was not aware that there was a cool/warm setting and thinks he was vegging under the reds, and we aren't sure what the wattage rating is but his plants turned out really spindly. Not stretchy, just sparse as if they just didn't have enough lumens.

So I'm not sold on these as replacements for HPS systems to grow weed. However for other things like the p. viridis already mentioned they could be mighty swell. I was thinking of rigging some LEDs in a monotub forsome myco fruiting.

Does anyone know what the relative ratings are? Like side by side, how does a 300w LED compare to HPS in a grow set up? How much would one need to equate to 1000W with high pressure sodium or is it the same? And if so what is the benefit in LED if not to reduce consumption and cost?

These type of lower end LED lamps are not suitable for flowering cannabis, they don't really provide the proper lighting spectrum. They are great for the vegetative phase or for growing less light hungry plants, but when it comes to flowering cannabis you wanna stick with a nice HID lamp or look into the higher end LED market. If you got plenty money to blow and want the very best, consider looking into induction lamps for your ganja flowering needs.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

SpiceyMeatball
#8 Posted : 6/21/2018 3:57:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@dreamer042
Nice a new light! I haven't heard of induction so you'll give me a little brain feed.

Just saw your edit, awesome glad checkout worked. Certainly no issues with the product here.....

Hope anyone who did get some enjoys them and doesn't regret the purchase. Thumbs up

CatPharm
#9 Posted : 6/21/2018 8:04:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey thanks for the lead, just received mine yesterday👍👍

SpiceyMeatball
#10 Posted : 6/21/2018 9:14:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

CatPharm wrote:
Hey thanks for the lead, just received mine yesterday👍👍

That makes me happy more were able to get the deal. I got 1 in a space tote atm and it is working great!

An_Observer
#11 Posted : 6/22/2018 3:08:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice find. Would be all over it for vegging some plants if I had the money right now. Discount does not show until you go to checkout. It doesn't even show when you have two of them in your cart. Also does not require PRIME.